PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Christmas Lights

PendO
12-02-2006, 11:49 PM
I have informed Hoosier Bob that I will be putting up my family's Christmas lights tomorrow. Normally this would be only a semi-major deal, since I am afraid of heights and hate getting on the roof. However, add in the fact that it is cold (i dunno, 16 or so out) and has not been above freezing since Monday?? And there is 3" of snow on the roof ... Well, if I don't post tomorrow evening my wife may have a good deal on a Monza. Otherwise, post up some pictures of your lights, trees, yard decorations.

Hoosier Bob
12-02-2006, 11:53 PM
I pm'd you. One green spotlight, one red spotlight and a case of beer! You are done my brother!;)

shepherd
12-02-2006, 11:56 PM
I pm'd you. One green spotlight, one red spotlight and a case of beer! You are done my brother!;)

I like the way you think HB. Now if I can just convince the wife of that... :rolleyes:

Hoosier Bob
12-02-2006, 11:58 PM
The green and red spotlights have to hit the empties scattered about just right or it won't work!;)

shepherd
12-03-2006, 12:09 AM
Here's an oldie but goodie. You guys had me convinced last year this was fake. I guess we were wrong.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/xmaslights.asp (Links on this site will take you to the video)

TMCNo1
12-03-2006, 09:21 AM
TT member kas is the self-disputed king of Xmas Decorations in Milford Connecticut. The neighbors gather and laugh while he carries Santa up the ladder and onto the roof on his back. He has been working on them for a month. People stop by, ring the door bell and congratulate him on a job well done! How do they know which light is the door bell?
Lets see some pictures!

TMCNo1
12-03-2006, 09:29 AM
Could it possibly look like this?

Chief
12-03-2006, 09:53 AM
Glad I don't have to pay that powerbill. The bad thing is that those lights will still be up in March!

atlfootr
12-09-2006, 05:21 PM
Just finished stringing up the "Dock Lights" :)
Almost had a near catastrophe w/ the boat, but all's well.
Now all there's left to do is wait for darkness and enjoy. :D

Will be sure to take photo's :wavey: Who else decorated their dock? Let's 'see 'em ....

Mikey
12-09-2006, 06:08 PM
Just finished puting mine up. Ive been at it since 7am. No pics yet as it is still light outside. I will post pics when it gets dark. My evil wife said no to the santa in the drivers seat of the MC with christmas lights on the tower. :mad: I thought it was a cool idea but she thinks it would look too redneck.

atlfootr
12-09-2006, 07:18 PM
My evil wife said no to the santa in the drivers seat of the MC with christmas lights on the tower. :mad:
I thought it was a :cool: idea but she thinks it would look too redneck.DO IT man!

milkmania
12-09-2006, 07:24 PM
My evil wife said no to the santa in the drivers seat of the MC with christmas lights on the tower. :mad: I thought it was a cool idea but she thinks it would look too redneck.

and by saying this.....

are you or her saying something is wrong with redneck:huh:

don't be a hater!:rant:

Mikey
12-09-2006, 07:56 PM
and by saying this.....

are you or her saying something is wrong with redneck:huh:

don't be a hater!:rant:

Not a thing wrong with being redneck. She is one and Im starting to become one. :D She just doesnt want our house to look like it. I guess she has no pride.

TMCNo1
12-09-2006, 10:24 PM
Not a thing wrong with being redneck. She is one and Im starting to become one. :D She just doesnt want our house to look like it. I guess she has no pride.

Convince her that it's an honor to be on the Blue Collar Comedy Show, "Redneck Yard of the Week" segment! It's the PC way to get your 15 minutes of fame!

Mikey
12-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Convince her that it's an honor to be on the Blue Collar Comedy Show, "Redneck Yard of the Week" segment! It's the PC way to gret your 15 minutes of fame!

:uglyhamme

I think I am going to do it before she gets home from work. Its easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission. :D

trickskier
12-10-2006, 09:12 PM
Just finished stringing up the "Dock Lights" :)
Almost had a near catastrophe w/ the boat, but all's well.
Now all there's left to do is wait for darkness and enjoy. :D

Will be sure to take photo's :wavey: Who else decorated their dock? Let's 'see 'em ....

Pics we need pics.......Nothing more beautiful than a dock decorated with Christmas Lights!

Mikey
12-11-2006, 09:41 AM
Hey UMP, do your parents still do their house up with lights? I remember riding around town as a kid looking at lights and their house, Menge's and Dr. Hill's house were always "the ones" to see every year.

Ric
12-11-2006, 09:44 AM
there is a guy near here that did up an extreme Christmas lighting job on his hous and then set the lights to music. and then broadcast the music on an FM station so you can roll by and get quite a show. A very neatly done show by the way. I am not sure his neighbors appreciate the traffic! I think his name may have been griswold?

Upper Michigan Prostar190
12-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Hey UMP, do your parents still do their house up with lights? I remember riding around town as a kid looking at lights and their house, Menge's and Dr. Hill's house were always "the ones" to see every year.
Not anymore Mikey. Dad says he is too fat to climb the ladders, and I am afraid of heights, so nope. that main roof is WAY too high for me. When we painted the house last time, we hired out the top half to Linker & Jay. I wont go up there. I would go up on the roofs and paint, but going higher to the very top, no way.

The folks are older now and dont pack that kind of energy anymore. Menge still does theirs. Really nice this year.