PDA

View Full Version : the kids wanted to be in the parade

milkmania
12-02-2006, 11:40 PM
so, I did my fatherly thing:rolleyes:

http://home.alltel.net/bhammon/parade.jpg

Hoosier Bob
12-02-2006, 11:55 PM
Raise your kids how you want Milk but running over reindeer with a dune buggy? Some may find that offensive!:o

dapicatti
12-03-2006, 12:59 AM
Good job on the parade entry. The kids look very happy.:)

TMCNo1
12-03-2006, 09:10 AM
so, I did my fatherly thing:rolleyes:

http://home.alltel.net/bhammon/parade.jpg
Amazing, nice job milk!

suedv
12-03-2006, 09:55 AM
Very nice. The kids look all set to have a good time.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
12-03-2006, 10:22 AM
Back off of my brutha Milk Hoosia!:mad: I run over reindeer with any vehicle I dayum well please! so he and his kids may do the same!:D Preferably, I like full sized pickups for running over reindeer. THere are plenty of them up here to hit, and I am not greedy, so I can send you one if you like?

thijs
12-04-2006, 08:17 PM
Milk, I would like to see a MasterCraft done up like this, you up to the challenge?
Come on, if the North Pole wasn't frozen Santa would drive a MasterCraft. :)

TMCNo1
12-04-2006, 08:40 PM
I don't know if they still do it, but the MC factory along with the local promo person used to light up a Mastercraft for the lighted Xmas parade in Gatlinburg, TN and for the local town parades and Skip Gilkerson would perform on a short trick rope behind the boat on rollerblades. We saw it a couple years and rode in the boat one year.

Chief
12-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Enjoy them while you can, because when the time comes they will think your a dork and it's all about friends, clothes, makeup etc etc. I am on round two and both of them at age 13 turned into independent monsters!

Nice parade float and kids look like they are chilling! :)

milkmania
12-04-2006, 09:09 PM
well, I ran intoa little snag when I tried lighting the go-cart up.....

I ended up with a 400 watt, a 450 watt, and two 750 watt inverters.
(and all configurations in between)
had the lights wired left & right
..... so one deer, one candy cane, and 200 lights went on one side,with the same on the other....

would not freakin' work!!!:rant:

so went with the stand-by 5000 watt generator (pictured):rolleyes:

git-R-done:banana:

each strand of lights was only 67.5 watts, not sure on the reindeer.... but I was well under 750 watts

so, what I'm wondering is when I wrapped the go-cart tubes with the lights.... did I create a lot more resistance?

you know, like when you wrap a nail with wire you can create a magnet (I think)

WTRSK1R
12-04-2006, 09:58 PM
Nicely done Mag. I do not think the lighting wrapped on the tubes was the issue. Technically, you would induce a small current in the go cart tubing, but I do not believe it would be significant at that level of power. I am only guessing, but Christmas lights have a shunt circuit in the bulbs so that when one bulb burns out, they stay lit. I would bet that the shunt was driving your power invertor crazy and sending it into some sort of overload.

Steve

jimmer2880
12-05-2006, 06:04 AM
Very cool. I may have to do something like that in the future for my girls :)

Leroy
12-05-2006, 08:22 AM
Very neat Milk!

I would guess the battery voltage dropped and the inverters could not start up. If you try again check that with a VOM.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-05-2006, 01:32 PM
well, I ran intoa little snag when I tried lighting the go-cart up.....

I ended up with a 400 watt, a 450 watt, and two 750 watt inverters.
(and all configurations in between)
had the lights wired left & right
..... so one deer, one candy cane, and 200 lights went on one side,with the same on the other....

would not freakin' work!!!:rant:

so went with the stand-by 5000 watt generator (pictured):rolleyes:

git-R-done:banana:

each strand of lights was only 67.5 watts, not sure on the reindeer.... but I was well under 750 watts

so, what I'm wondering is when I wrapped the go-cart tubes with the lights.... did I create a lot more resistance?

you know, like when you wrap a nail with wire you can create a magnet (I think)

SEE LEROY, YET ANOTHER reason to have a back up generator......;)

Workin' 4 Toys
12-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Milk, what did you have the inverters plugged into? Were they all the cigarette lighter style?

Sodar
12-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Did you make a trailer for the generator? Or how did you light the cart up for the parade?

Workin' 4 Toys
12-05-2006, 01:37 PM
As a side note (I know its too late Milk) but I have seen 12V Christmas Lights. (They may even have 12V LED christmas lights now)

milkmania
12-05-2006, 02:24 PM
the inverters were on aligator clips (piggy-backed) at one point.....didn't work

then I was worried my problem was piggy backing two or three inverters onto one small battery, so I got the boat battery (one inverter clamped onto the boat battery & one clamped on the go-cart battery)............. didn't work

RE: Generator

the 5000 watt generator is on 4 lawnmower style wheels..... I use it around in the yard for EVERYTHING! Sawzall for trimming trees (don't need to lug a gas chainsaw around). 2 Electric (Black & Decker Grass Hogs (http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000087QVV.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg)) weedeaters (again don't need to lug around a gas weedeater). two 50 foot extension cords reach everything I need.... set it up to pull behind the 4 wheeler or go-cart. Get one of the kids to move trailer forward...etc....

I even loaded it up one summer in the trailer, added an electric cement mixer, 30 bags of quikcrete anda five gallon bucket of water...... and proceeded to set 60 chain link fence posts in one evening.

throw it in the trailer with my little110v wire feed welder, and I can weld anything on my property.

then the power outages.......
and the camper....
portable lighting....