PDA

View Full Version : Marpac Marine Products

Chief
11-30-2006, 09:28 PM
Found a great deal on a fresh water inlet for flushing at this website. It was on $20.00 dollars and it's all stainless steel! The perko fresh water inlet is $60.00 and is not even stainless. There are several other items available at pretty reasonable prices. It's worth checking out. Heres the link

http://www.foreandaftmarine.com/7-MARPAC%20PRODUCTS.htm

TMCNo1
11-30-2006, 09:56 PM
How about posting the part number. I've searched all the parts and have not found a engine flushing kit or anything that resembles anything used for flushing. Is it the part #7-0418, that is used as a thru hull inlet for filling onboard water tanks, etc?

Chief
11-30-2006, 10:27 PM
How about posting the part number. I've searched all the parts and have not found a engine flushing kit or anything that resembles anything used for flushing. Is it the part #7-0148, that is used as a thru hull inlet for filling onboard water tanks, etc?

Yes the #7-0148 is the one that I ordered. It's the identical one sold on skidim and ones I have seen mounted on the new MC's. I received it in one day. It shipped out of clearwater.

trickskier
11-30-2006, 10:46 PM
How about posting the part number. I've searched all the parts and have not found a engine flushing kit or anything that resembles anything used for flushing. Is it the part #7-0148, that is used as a thru hull inlet for filling onboard water tanks, etc?

Had me searching for the wrong part #. It's 7-0418

Chief
12-01-2006, 06:50 AM
Dyslexia: The good ole brain working backwards. .backwards working brain ole good The

Which is right?

Sodar
12-01-2006, 09:37 AM

Got that right... 7-0148 is a trailer ball!! HA HA

That is a really good price. I think they are $70 at West Marine!!

TMCNo1
12-01-2006, 10:10 AM

Sorry, I posted the wrong #, I edited my post. Senior moment, brain fart!

TMCNo1
12-01-2006, 10:16 AM
Dyslexia: The good ole brain working backwards. .backwards working brain ole good The

Which is right?

You don't know how true that is, whichever direction you figure it! Just as long as forward is forward and reverse is reverse in the boat I will be OK! It only gets worse, now if I could get rid of the walking poots in Wal-Mart I will be OK too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just look at what you have to look forward too!

ski_500
12-01-2006, 10:57 AM
Harold,

I was looking at the pics of your pristine Prostar and it looks like you dont have the gas-struts installed on the motor box. Is this just your way of showing off your cool Mastercraft paddle, or what?

TMCNo1
12-01-2006, 12:28 PM
Harold,

I was looking at the pics of your pristine Prostar and it looks like you dont have the gas-struts installed on the motor box. Is this just your way of showing off your cool Mastercraft paddle, or what?
The '89 boat didn't have gas struts and I never have added them and I did have a paddle that matches the boat colors, so.......................!

ski_500
12-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Well, I like the paddle but I'm suprised that your boat didn't come with struts. I have 'em in my '88, and BTW- I'm not totally impressed.
I had to replace them a couple of years ago. Last year, on the driver's side, I had to replace the itty-bitty little hitch ball they mount to 'cause it just snapped off. Besides, I've found out that its easier to work on and around the engine with them disconnected. -Maybe I need a matching paddle?

...good chatting with you.

TMCNo1
12-01-2006, 07:23 PM
Well, I like the paddle but I'm suprised that your boat didn't come with struts. I have 'em in my '88, and BTW- I'm not totally impressed.
I had to replace them a couple of years ago. Last year, on the driver's side, I had to replace the itty-bitty little hitch ball they mount to 'cause it just snapped off. Besides, I've found out that its easier to work on and around the engine with them disconnected. -Maybe I need a matching paddle?

...good chatting with you.

You just described all the reasons that I have never added them. I think they started using them somewhere around '91 and never was satisfied with how they would attach without drilling holes in the motorcover, then having to do away with them and dealing with the holes, you know all those niggles!