PDA

View Full Version : Karma (thanks Sodar)

PendO
11-29-2006, 07:00 PM
Well, had to go on a road trip this morning after reading Cameron's issues with a speeding ticket ... (Insert run on sentence filled with sware words) ... got a ticket for 45 in a 30 ... going through a small town north/west of spokane ... you know, slow from 60 to 30 "oh you missed the sign" .... yeah, the court is in a different county ..... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

So, knock on wood all of you who have not had a ticket in 6 years.

Hoosier Bob
11-29-2006, 08:06 PM
I am not a superstitious person but if I reply to this thread will I be jinxed? Just thought I would ask first. You can never be too cautious!

PendO
11-29-2006, 08:13 PM
HB ... my brother in law just sent me this in an email:

HELL EXPLAINED BY CHEMISTRY STUDENT

The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid-term. The answer by one student was so "profound" that the Professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well:

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) Or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law:
(Gas cools when it expands and heats when it is Compressed) or some variant.

One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added. This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the Increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my freshman year that, "It will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you," and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number two must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over. The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct......leaving only Heaven, thereby Proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God."

THIS STUDENT RECEIVED THE ONLY "A"

TMCNo1
11-29-2006, 08:47 PM
Well, had to go on a road trip this morning after reading Cameron's issues with a speeding ticket ... (Insert run on sentence filled with sware words) ... got a ticket for 45 in a 30 ... going through a small town north/west of spokane ... you know, slow from 60 to 30 "oh you missed the sign" .... yeah, the court is in a different county ..... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

So, knock on wood all of you who have not had a ticket in 6 years.

Sounds like Georgia cops have moved to Washington state!

east tx skier
11-29-2006, 10:50 PM
So can you get deferred adjudication on speeding tickets in Washington?

Hoosier Bob
11-29-2006, 10:55 PM
Screw the tickets am I going someplace cool or hot? I know they are the same place but what is the freakin' weather! Help me friends as my seats have been called!:o

Leroy
11-29-2006, 10:57 PM
This is one of the best reads in a long time! What a work of science!

HB ... my brother in law just sent me this in an email:

HELL EXPLAINED BY CHEMISTRY STUDENT

THIS STUDENT RECEIVED THE ONLY "A"

Sodar
11-29-2006, 11:04 PM
I am sorry Casey! I swear, those small town cops are the WORST! They need to make revenue somehow, cause nobody is stopp'in!!!

88 PS190
11-29-2006, 11:12 PM
amazingly i've not recieved a ticket in my life... well i'm 21... but still.

Knock on wood, but I've been close to getting them.

Almost once for a seatbelt violation driving from a boat launch across the street to park the trailer.

Now that would have been a crap 50$

Sodar
11-29-2006, 11:29 PM
amazingly i've not recieved a ticket in my life... well i'm 21... but still.

Knock on wood, but I've been close to getting them.

Almost once for a seatbelt violation driving from a boat launch across the street to park the trailer.

Now that would have been a crap 50$

That is how I WAS!! 23 w/o any violations. The only incident I have had on the road was when I was hit at 110 mph by a police pursuit... but that is ENTIRELY another story!!

LakePirate
11-29-2006, 11:38 PM
Sounds like Georgia cops have moved to Washington state!

Georgia Cops won't even acknowledge your existence at 15 over....unless it is the end of the month.

6ballsisall
11-29-2006, 11:46 PM
Georgia Cops won't even acknowledge your existence at 15 over....unless it is the end of the month.

Very good to know for my situation! :D My lead foot might make it in GA!

6ballsisall
11-29-2006, 11:49 PM
I am sorry Casey! I swear, those small town cops are the WORST! They need to make revenue somehow, cause nobody is stopp'in!!!

Yep! Theres a town in Colorado on the way to Winter Park ski area called Empire. This town is REALLY small. The Denver newstations have done many expose's on the town and the # of speeding tickets it writes. This one cop town has some of the most state of the art traffic equipment in the world. The town literally thrives on the tickets they write. NEVER speed thru Empire.

PendO
11-30-2006, 12:05 AM
So can you get deferred adjudication on speeding tickets in Washington?

In the big counties it is easy to get deferred (when I was in Law School I was a Rule 9 - not sure what it is called in TX - but I had an attorney as a mentor at the City Prosecutors office and I would get to do a bit of the contested docket, and also got to handle some of the first appearance stuff as well as reviewing the tickets from the night before) ... the state trooper who pulled me over was pretty nice - it was about 10 degrees out and compact snow and ice - so not the best road conditions, and I have probably been on borrowed time for a while (as far as goign w/o a ticket) ... I will try to get it deferred (no traffic school option here) but I'm thinking they are going to want some revenue... I'll drive up there one afternoon and see what can be worked out ... maybe a non-moving with double the fine will get it taken care of:)

east tx skier
11-30-2006, 10:28 AM
In Texas, it definitely depends on the county, but here, you can typically just call the number on the back of the ticket and ask them if they do it. They send you a letter and you send them a check and pray you don't get pulled over from periods ranging, in my experience, from 10 minutes to 6 months.

Sodar
11-30-2006, 11:26 AM
After getting my ticket, I got really pissed off at the whole situation, because I tow out to the river on a bi-monthly basis and I see EVERYONE with a trailer going just as quickly as me. So, I have been asking around what others do... the response has been "Joing the CHP 11-99 Foundation." So, I just googled it and called the foundation... $1800 for a lifetime membership... I joined.

What do you get for this you might ask? You receive a vehicle registration holder that had a real California Highway Patrol badge on the flap stating that you are a lifetime member. Next, you receive a Driver's License holder that has an accompaning badge as well. You also get a nice plaque for the wall, a license plate frame and a tax write-off. I have been reading on the "DRUNKS"/Go fast boats forum (HotBoat) that this really helps get you out of a ticket. It is just sad that this country is so corrupt that you need to be a member of a foundation to get out of a citation!! Ah well, I am a member of that foundation now, so hopefully tickets on the way to the river are a thing of the past!!!

Ric
11-30-2006, 11:46 AM
Don't get me started! I was in my new house for a week
alarm company calls and says my alarm is sounding...
I said does it say what zone?
no?
have you called the police?
They won't come...
Why?
You have to have an alarm permit...
Huh?
A permit for the alarm in your town or they won't respond...
How do you know I dont have one?
I dunno...
John?
Yessir?
Call the police now...
Yessir.
John calls back as I'm on the way to my house. Police wont respond as you have no alarm permit
John, the alarm is sounding and you have no idea if it's a false and the po po won't come out?
Nosir, no permit on file..
(my last house was in a town of bored hothead cops that responded to all calls in hopes for a scuffle)

So here's ric/magnumPI clearing his own house with a 15round nine when he shoulda been at work, only to find out that it was a false...

I gave the 'crats at the city a piece of my mind... paid my fifteen dollars for the rest of this year and left..

(the alarm was a false because one of the kids didnt lock the front door when they left)