PDA

View Full Version : When will everyone get their boat of Hiding

pram
11-29-2006, 05:54 PM
So here it is Nov 29 and -15C (5F) and all I can think about is when I will be able to get my boat out. How soon in the new year will everyone be getting their boats out of hiding? I normally get out for the first ski of the year at Easter (first weekend in April next year). Only 129 more days to go :( :rolleyes:

Sodar
11-29-2006, 06:09 PM
I plan on pulling out of hiding 12/1/06... just for the weekend!

rodltg2
11-29-2006, 06:13 PM
oh man, i cant begin to imagne how chilly that is. its 55 here today and im cold... skiing this weekend...

pram
11-29-2006, 06:30 PM
oh man, i cant begin to imagne how chilly that is. its 55 here today and im cold... skiing this weekend...

Skiing this weekend?!?!?!?!?! now that isn't fair at all. It actually has warmed up since yesterday it was -26C (-15f).

dmayer84
11-29-2006, 06:30 PM
Thinkin I am gonna have to wait untill at least April.

TMCNo1
11-29-2006, 06:55 PM
Third week in March. December 21 will mean it won't be as long as it has been!

Jerseydave
11-29-2006, 07:11 PM
It's going to be a high of 70 here in NJ tomorrow and friday.........................but the boat has been winterized for weeks.

We usually start around April 15th.

SaltwaterMC
11-29-2006, 07:24 PM
There is no off season here in warm sunny Florida. Don't mean to rub it in, it's just hard to imagine no boat for almost half of the year.

TOO-TALL
11-29-2006, 08:04 PM
So here it is Nov 29 and -15C (5F) and all I can think about is when I will be able to get my boat out. How soon in the new year will everyone be getting their boats out of hiding? I normally get out for the first ski of the year at Easter (first weekend in April next year). Only 129 more days to go :( :rolleyes:

WoW.....you get out the First weekend in April and you live in Canada is this correct.Whats the water temp then?You got more guts then me.I'll be out April 1st 07.Thats the first day the DNR open the warm side of the power plant lake we ski on.The water is usally in the 70-80's still have to where a drysuit because of the air temp.I can't imagine what it must be like up north.

shepherd
11-29-2006, 09:51 PM
How soon in the new year will everyone be getting their boats out of hiding?

January 1st :D

east tx skier
11-29-2006, 10:49 PM
Dewinterize for good by the first weekend in March typically. I pull it out and run it on the hose once per month starting in late December and January, but redrain the block.

88 PS190
11-29-2006, 10:52 PM
I just spend 10 minutes scraping ice off my cars windows...

No time soon.

Farmer Ted
11-29-2006, 11:08 PM
I just spend 10 minutes scraping ice off my cars windows...

No time soon.

I just turned my AC on to cool the house down.

It is supposed to get down to 28 this weekend though....

east tx skier
11-29-2006, 11:16 PM
It's 70 currently. It'll be in the 40s here by 10 am.

88 PS190
11-29-2006, 11:25 PM
I just turned my AC on to cool the house down.

It is supposed to get down to 28 this weekend though....

time to come back home FT... maybe it'll even help the basketball program

Archimedes
11-29-2006, 11:28 PM
First week of March. The day the record low in my town is above freezing...

6ballsisall
11-29-2006, 11:56 PM
well.......I think I am going to have to buy one before I can answer that question. :D

pram
11-30-2006, 12:04 AM
WoW.....you get out the First weekend in April and you live in Canada is this correct.Whats the water temp then?You got more guts then me.I'll be out April 1st 07.Thats the first day the DNR open the warm side of the power plant lake we ski on.The water is usally in the 70-80's still have to where a drysuit because of the air temp.I can't imagine what it must be like up north.

I think the first day that we skiied this year the water was about 56F. We dont get water in the 70's until middle to last part of July. What kinda air temp do you have in the beginning of your season? We can be as high as the mid 60's then.

The last time that I skiied was our Thanksgiving which I believe was the 8th of Oct. The water was down in the low 60's and the air was about the same (no warmer when you got out of the water). That was the first weekend that I used my shorty since the first couple of times that I skiied in the early spring.

Sodar
11-30-2006, 12:04 AM

Yeah, it is really cold here in the west coast. it will only be a high of 68 and low of 40 at the colorado river this weekend. This cold front is nasty! I was wearing shorts last weekend...

pram
11-30-2006, 12:27 AM
well.......I think I am going to have to buy one before I can answer that question. :D

Be strong Jeff Be strong. You will find another (especialy if Erk has anything to say about it) so that you too may once again participate wholly(sp?). :)

Marcos
11-30-2006, 01:59 AM
Wow, this time is gonna be special for me.

Just bought the PS190 2 weeks ago and put it into winterstorage rightaway. :( For now, that is at my home in the Netherlands, but in January I will move to Italy.... I will pick it up early April and it will be de-winterized in Italy... 8p

First week of may '07 we are organizing a wake 'n ski camp on the most beautiful lake in Italy. Just keep an eye on http://www.rentawake.eu. Soon we will be adding info and pictures.

So if anyone want to have a 2007 start Italian style, you know where to find me....:)

BrianM
11-30-2006, 08:42 AM
Plan on skiing Saturday. It has been in the 70s here all week but we have a cold front coming through and the forecast is only 59 on Saturday. A little chilly but at least we're skiing. Thats what drysuits are for. Heated seat is going to come in handy this week.

trickskier
11-30-2006, 08:44 AM
Had mine in the H2o Sunday.

Sodar
11-30-2006, 08:47 AM
Plan on skiing Saturday. It has been in the 70s here all week but we have a cold front coming through and the forecast is only 59 on Saturday. A little chilly but at least we're skiing. Thats what drysuits are for. Heated seat is going to come in handy this week.

That is the same weather we had here. Last weekend was beautiful, then this cold front came in on Monday and now our weather is frigid for Los Angeles standards. I am thinking I will just wait for next Saturday and just stay in bed this weekend!

dpolen
11-30-2006, 08:47 AM
April 28th...These $#&@ing long Minnesota winters absolutely suck.

beef
11-30-2006, 09:41 AM
Guess I'm just lucky - we are still hittin' it this year. Started in January, so I MUST ski this weekend to make it all 12 months. :woohoo:

I'll probably winterize this weeknd though since it's supposed to drop down into the 20's next week. Hoping to start next year out in Jan, but not in the MC. Most likely get the inboard back out sometime in March.

Farmer Ted
11-30-2006, 10:18 AM
time to come back home FT... maybe it'll even help the basketball program

I'm not sure how much help I'd have to offer after they gave Arizona that win the other day.

Typical Choke-Eyes.....

Kyle's_prostar205
11-30-2006, 11:19 AM
I will be on the water here in Colorado by February 14th. Its almost a tradition to go skiing on Valentines day!

RexDog1
11-30-2006, 12:35 PM
That is the same weather we had here. Last weekend was beautiful, then this cold front came in on Monday and now our weather is frigid for Los Angeles standards. I am thinking I will just wait for next Saturday and just stay in bed this weekend!

Yes it did get cold this week:eek3:
Time to get out the dry suit, I am going out this weekend:banana:

Datdude
11-30-2006, 01:09 PM
Hopefully my boat will be out of storage by late April/Early May, but my work schedule is so crazy I don't plan on using it until Late May/Early June.....plus the water is still REALLY cold until June:rolleyes:

thijs
11-30-2006, 01:33 PM
Usually mid may here. Still very much drysuit weather.

It has been -30c here for three or four days. (-22F). Not thinking I will be waterskiing this weekend.

TOO-TALL
11-30-2006, 05:50 PM
I think the first day that we skiied this year the water was about 56F. We dont get water in the 70's until middle to last part of July. What kinda air temp do you have in the beginning of your season? We can be as high as the mid 60's then.

The last time that I skiied was our Thanksgiving which I believe was the 8th of Oct. The water was down in the low 60's and the air was about the same (no warmer when you got out of the water). That was the first weekend that I used my shorty since the first couple of times that I skiied in the early spring.

In April the air should be in the 60's....its funny because the water will be very warm so while your skiing if you get cold cut close to the wake and spalsh yourself or let go sink down and warm up.

djhuff
12-01-2006, 10:02 AM
This really chaps my rear. Beautiful all week, and getting miserable starting Friday afternoon.

This weekend is a no go, but maybe next we will go to the heated lake.

http://abclocal.go.com/three/wtvd/weather/7dayforecast.jpg

thijs
12-01-2006, 10:08 AM
This really chaps my rear. Beautiful all week, and getting miserable starting Friday afternoon.

This weekend is a no go, but maybe next we will go to the heated lake.
Trade you, better yet Ill be right over. Ill just bring the drysuit.