PDA

View Full Version : WANTED -- Monza with Animals

Jesus_Freak
11-29-2006, 02:59 AM
I am looking for a used Monza with animals that is 67"+ in length, any year. OK, so the length and bindings are pretty specific, but I figured it would not hurt to ask. I dont see any in the marketplace here. Anyone have one they are selling that has not posted? Suggestions for sites containing used skis, other than the obvious ebay? Thank you for all advice.

H20skeefreek
11-29-2006, 06:02 AM
www.hoskishop.com (http://www.hoskishop.com) $449 for a new 2005 Monza

Jesus_Freak
11-29-2006, 08:19 AM
Thanks my fellow freek. Then I need to go find some used animals. Or...Jrandol can tell me to buy his Approaches. Jrandol? Anyone with bindings or advice? I remember some threads containing info on approaches and animals, but cannot remember the consensus.

Ric
11-29-2006, 08:20 AM
keep an eye on ebay too and remember I dont have set screws for sale for the late model HO finbox

Jesus_Freak
11-29-2006, 08:27 AM
Thanks Ric. Yes, I saw your postings on the set screws you definitely do not have for sale.

shepherd
11-29-2006, 08:29 AM
There are a few on ski-it-again.com: http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Slalom

If you buy one, I have a contact who can sell you set screws cheap. He doesn't sell them on this website. ;)

Jesus_Freak
11-29-2006, 08:31 AM
Thanks Shepherd, and I had seen those also. Still need bindings. If I get one, I will ask you for your contact who sells set screws, but not on this site.

Ric
11-29-2006, 08:33 AM
you may find a deal this winter on a monza and I hope you can get some set screws for the fin over the winter too. I feel that there will be a run on them in the spring.. from wherever those things are sold..

Upper Michigan Prostar190
11-29-2006, 08:43 AM
I know where you can find a "defective" 2006 Monza 68" with Large LFF animal bindings for sale.....

Its a shame someone doesnt sell those set screws for the fin box. :( THere is a real market for those gems. someone should go into biz selling them. If you check around, you might be able to do a group buy on them. or buy them from a guy that doesnt sell them. 8p

Ric
11-29-2006, 08:46 AM
woah fella, group buys are not allowed here

11-29-2006, 08:51 AM
woah fella, group buys are not allowed here
yea right.....I mean that....yea. I mean if he checks around, he might not be able to find a group buy on them. thats what I meant. Thanks for the correction my good ol buddy that is not in the set screw business and in no way connected with it in any shape or form. :wavey:

Ric
11-29-2006, 08:53 AM
Let's keep it real here guys

Jesus_Freak
11-29-2006, 08:57 AM
I know where you can find a "defective" 2006 Monza 68" with Large LFF animal bindings for sale...

Is this true?

11-29-2006, 08:59 AM
Is this true?
kinda....I will PM you....

east tx skier
11-29-2006, 10:12 AM
You might want to give some consideration to Wiley's bindings, too. I went from Animals to Approaches to Wileys and couldn't be happier with what I'm using currently.

Jesus_Freak
11-29-2006, 10:19 AM
You might want to give some consideration to Wiley's bindings, too. I went from Animals to Approaches to Wileys and couldn't be happier with what I'm using currently.

OK. Please offer a link to exactly what you are using.

shepherd
11-29-2006, 10:27 AM
I also have the Wileys on my Monza. For me, they are much more comfortable than the Approach boots (never tried Animals), gave me a better feel of the ski, and they are a lot cheaper! www.wileyski.com

Maybe if I gave the Approaches more of a chance, I would have got used to them...

east tx skier
11-29-2006, 10:28 AM
One thing about Large Wileys on a 67" is that you can't run them at the stock settings. Since I don't run mine stock, this wasn't an issue for me, but is certainly worth mentioning. I'm running a Pro Build Wiley boot in the front and a standard Wiley boot in the back.

Jesus_Freak
11-29-2006, 10:32 AM
One thing about Large Wileys on a 67" is that you can't run them at the stock settings. Since I don't run mine stock, this wasn't an issue for me, but is certainly worth mentioning. I'm running a Pro Build Wiley boot in the front and a standard Wiley boot in the back.

Thanks. Why not stock? Not enough room? Also, to help me calibrate, what is your PB and/or typical?

east tx skier
11-29-2006, 10:48 AM
The HO plates that Wileys uses won't fit if memory serves. I think they run up against each other.

As for my PB, I'm a hack. I'm still working on 15 off. I really liked the Approach boots, but was concerned as tight as I had to lace them down to feel comfortable, that they wouldn't release when I needed them to. The Wileys still keep good contact between the front foot and the ski and are extremely comfortable (much more so than the Animal boots). The stiffer wraps offer very good support.

Jesus_Freak
11-29-2006, 11:05 AM
Thanks again for all the advice. What speed are you currently running sets? So the boots hold tightly AND are more comfortable?

Jesus_Freak
11-29-2006, 11:08 AM
I'm running a Pro Build Wiley boot in the front and a standard Wiley boot in the back. I cannot find a Pro Build on their site. Am I just too much of a dope to find it?

Davo
11-29-2006, 11:28 AM
JF - the song in that BF vid was "Justify" by Red Jumpsuit Apparatis.

east tx skier
11-29-2006, 11:39 AM
I cannot find a Pro Build on their site. Am I just too much of a dope to find it?

Call them. I think it is one of their jump wraps.

It's been a while, but I think there are (at least) five wraps.

They are (from softest to stiffest)

CBO

Pro Series (this is the standard wrap).

Pro Tournament (not positive on this designation).

Pro Build

Trick Wrap

Lots of pros swear by the trick wrap, but one of the techs talked me out of it based on my reasoning for getting out of the approach boots (not releasing).

east tx skier
11-29-2006, 11:41 AM
Thanks again for all the advice. What speed are you currently running sets? So the boots hold tightly AND are more comfortable?

They hold tightly and that varies depending on which wrap you get. They are a full boot over the toe in front, which I find has helped me feel more contact with the ski on my front foot. May be in my mind though.

No evo overlays means no laces required. They have nonetheless been plenty snug for me (and that's coming from Approach boots).

Jesus_Freak
11-29-2006, 11:49 AM
Call them. I think it is one of their jump wraps.

That would explain why I could not find them under slalom wraps. You have been a huge help. Thanks again.

Ric
11-29-2006, 11:56 AM
Doug you are flirting with sixteen thousand

east tx skier
11-29-2006, 12:00 PM
Doug you are flirting with sixteen thousand

Don't tell my wife.

"Hi 16K, haven't seen you around here before. Can I buy you a drink." ;)

6ballsisall
11-29-2006, 12:01 PM
Thanks my fellow freek. Then I need to go find some used animals. Or...Jrandol can tell me to buy his Approaches. Jrandol? Anyone with bindings or advice? I remember some threads containing info on approaches and animals, but cannot remember the consensus.

Replied back to your PM just now. ;)

east tx skier
11-29-2006, 12:04 PM
Replied back to your PM just now. ;)

Whoops, forgot Jeff still had his boots for sale. Did I mention what great control the Approaches/Phantoms offered?

6ballsisall
11-29-2006, 12:05 PM
I know where you can find a "defective" 2006 Monza 68" with Large LFF animal bindings for sale.....

Its a shame someone doesnt sell those set screws for the fin box. :( THere is a real market for those gems. someone should go into biz selling them. If you check around, you might be able to do a group buy on them. or buy them from a guy that doesnt sell them. 8p

You selling it UMP??? I thought you loved the ski???????:confused:

east tx skier
11-29-2006, 12:06 PM
Somebody must have told him there was something slightly better out there. ;)

Ric
11-29-2006, 12:42 PM
ump needs to sit on his hands when he gets depressed

6ballsisall
11-29-2006, 12:44 PM

That or possibly the phony warranty card I sent him that looked like it was from HO recalling his "defective ski" got him. :D

j/k, I didn't really do that.........:cool:

PendO
11-29-2006, 12:54 PM

The 2007 sitting under my bed is sooooo much better:)

Jesus_Freak
12-10-2006, 03:05 AM
I finally found one. It is an '05 new/blem with '06 new Approach boots. Thanks to all for the advice. You all are kind. Specific messages:

ETS and Shepherd: JR talked me into the Approach bindings (even though he had sold his already), so dont blame me for not taking your advice. :D

UMP: Sorry for not buying your very cool, fairly priced "defect" (as you call it). The deal I found on Adrenaline for my ski with bindings was much better than I had seen anywhere, except that I dont get your cool '06 graphics.

Again, thanks to all.

12-10-2006, 09:34 AM
Rock on Jesus freak!:headbang: Congrats on the new ski!:toast: you will love it!:) Best ski I ever skied.

No worries on mine as I will sell it eventually. Even though it is "defective":rolleyes: There will be someone who wont care about its "defect" and buy it up.

H20skeefreek
12-10-2006, 09:48 AM
Ump, what is the "defect" and how much do you want?

12-10-2006, 09:59 AM
PM at ya skeefreak

pram
12-10-2006, 03:24 PM
UMP I think I know someone who also would buy your ski. Let me know what you are wanting for it if it isn't already gone

TMCNo1
12-10-2006, 03:39 PM
UMP I think I know someone who also would buy your ski. Let me know what you are wanting for it if it isn't already gone

Me too YMP, I need to know the "Defect" in it!
I need a new mailbox post and it would work perfect!
I'd just just screw the back end of the mailbox to the face of the ski just over the bindings and cement the tail (fin and wings act as anchors) into the brick box at the base. Will it have wings or not, which way did it perform best?

12-10-2006, 06:44 PM
Me too YMP, I need to know the "Defect" in it!
I need a new mailbox post and it would work perfect!
I'd just just screw the back end of the mailbox to the face of the ski just over the bindings and cement the tail (fin and wings act as anchors) into the brick box at the base. Will it have wings or not, which way did it perform best?
It will be a rather expensive mail box post, but if you willing to fork over the chang, I dont care what you do with it.

12-10-2006, 06:45 PM
PM at ya Pram.

Jesus_Freak
12-11-2006, 03:07 AM

Fellow freak-a-zoid: UMP has sent me all the details before. I recommend it. It was a hard decision not to buy his.

Jesus_Freak
12-11-2006, 03:09 AM
PM at ya Pram.

Since I seem to have gotten all these folks started looking at your ski, dont I get that nice advertising fee? :D :D

12-11-2006, 09:06 AM
Since I seem to have gotten all these folks started looking at your ski, dont I get that nice advertising fee? :D
JF, only if it sells!8p 8p If I sell it, I will have my people contact your people, they will do lunch, contact the attorneys, they will ink the deal, I will have my PR guy do a photoshoot, and press release. your hear about it in the news. :cool:

Jesus_Freak
12-11-2006, 09:37 AM
JF, only if it sells!8p 8p If I sell it, I will have my people contact your people, they will do lunch, contact the attorneys, they will ink the deal, I will have my PR guy do a photoshoot, and press release. your hear about it in the news. :cool:

My people will be far too busy until about March. If the deal goes through after that, I will plan on sending my stunt double in for the photoshoot sometime next July or so. Sound fair?

12-11-2006, 09:49 AM
My people will be far too busy until about March. If the deal goes through after that, I will plan on sending my stunt double in for the photoshoot sometime next July or so. Sound fair?
You have a stunt double on your staff? :( how can you afford that?:confused: I dont have a stunt double. Alright, who else here has stunt doubles on their payroll?? :mad: Why cant I have one?

Jesus_Freak
12-11-2006, 10:07 AM
You have a stunt double on your staff? :( how can you afford that?:confused: I dont have a stunt double. Alright, who else here has stunt doubles on their payroll?? :mad: Why cant I have one?

You dont think I actually plan on going to Carolina Spring Madness, do you? By the way, my stunt double skis much worse that I do, so no one should think that his skiing is, in any way, a reflection of mine. :D

Ric
12-11-2006, 10:18 AM
you know that's a 100 dollar ski now don't you ump?

H20skeefreek
12-11-2006, 10:19 AM
The question should be "who doesn't have a stunt double on the payroll?" Loser.

12-11-2006, 10:32 AM
you know that's a 100 dollar ski now don't you ump?
why because its tainted by ME? Like bad mojo or something?

TMCNo1
12-11-2006, 11:16 AM

We all thought you had a stunt double and he tried the ski before you did! Like in Middle Ages, the Joker was made to eat from the Kings plate first to be sure it wasn't poisioned!

Ric
12-11-2006, 11:19 AM
why because its tainted by ME? Like bad mojo or something? maybe , but I was thinking it was because its defective:rolleyes:

12-11-2006, 11:59 AM
maybe , but I was thinking it was because its defective:rolleyes:
its might be defective, but its certainly worth more than $100

Ric
12-11-2006, 12:21 PM
its might be defective, but its certainly worth more than $100 WE'LL SEE...........

Jesus_Freak
12-11-2006, 12:48 PM
its might be defective, but its certainly worth more than $100

I agree, that ski is most definitely worth more than that 8p . The only reason I didnt buy it was I got an unusually sweet deal at adrenaline.

12-11-2006, 12:53 PM
I agree, that ski is most definitely worth more than that 8p . The only reason I didnt buy it was I got an unusually sweet deal at adrenaline.
Ric just wants me to get finanically crippled on this deal, thats all.

Jesus_Freak
12-11-2006, 12:56 PM
In my post about my getting the ski, I forgot to ask. Maybe this is a dumb question, but it looks like I dont need any of those special set screws that Ric would not be selling. Does anyone have a picture? I guess I should know this, but it looks like my '05 has come with all hardware.

H20skeefreek
12-11-2006, 12:59 PM
The lawsuit, that is preventing the set screws from being shipped with it, came about this year, so the '05's should have them shipped with them.

Jesus_Freak
12-11-2006, 01:00 PM
The lawsuit, that is preventing the set screws from being shipped with it, came about this year, so the '05's should have them shipped with them.

OK, so I should have known that if I would have paid attention to the history...sorry. :o

12-11-2006, 01:13 PM
Either way, Ric doesnt sell them, so you dont have to worry.