PDA

View Full Version : Spark Plugs for 6.0ltr Sierra Pickup

rspiecha
11-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Time to replace my spark plugs in 2500 Sierra pickup. Should I go OEM plugs or something else???

Thanks

Rob

Jerseydave
11-28-2006, 06:03 PM
I have the 6.0 in my suburban......I always stick with O.E.M. parts when possible, in your case AC Delco plugs. The engineers at these car companies do alot of R&D to get things right.

Anymore, if you change plugs about every 50K miles, I think you're fine.
I doubt other plugs will give you much of a benefit in the way of power or gas mileage. I think I read somewhere that platinum plugs are only an advantage for a short time, until the platinum coating burns off. After that they're actually worse than OEM plugs.

Ric
11-28-2006, 06:15 PM
Time to replace my spark plugs in 2500 Sierra pickup. Should I go OEM plugs or something else???

Thanks

Rob they should be a platinum ac brand that are "hundred thousand mile" plugs. I've never changed mine :o Trade-em in at 100k I can tell you in the nineties I tried the gimmick plugs like the split fires and they give no noticeable mileage or power increase. who knows if the motor was burning hotter etc?

Diesel
11-29-2006, 10:17 AM
Stick with the AC Plat. Ric is right, no need to touch them until 100K+.

rspiecha
11-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Thanks guys, the truck has 98k on it, with oversized tires so I'm sure I'm over 100k with the speedo being off.

Thanks

rob