PDA

View Full Version : our new machine

rodltg2
11-27-2006, 03:44 PM
some of you may have remember awhile back that i went to vegas to buy a new machine for my fabrication shop. well it arrived today. i've been nervous all weekend on how we were going to unload it and get in the building. my plan worked and got it in place with out problems.

first we used a rigger crane to off load it from the truck..

rodltg2
11-27-2006, 03:46 PM
then i used two 12000lbs lifts to pick up each end to get it in

rodltg2
11-27-2006, 03:46 PM
.................................................. ..

rodltg2
11-27-2006, 03:47 PM
here is the tricky part coordinating with my other driver......

rodltg2
11-27-2006, 03:48 PM
and done!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats me in the green sweatshirt...

Ric
11-27-2006, 03:55 PM
Nice work. You have cahones my friend... when we bring in big machinery, we hire bonded machinery movers to do the navigating that you did.

milkmania
11-27-2006, 05:12 PM
Nice work. You have cahones my friend... when we bring in big machinery, we hire bonded machinery movers to do the navigating that you did.

that's the first thing I thought....before I even got to the second pic

He definately needs one of these door knockers:purplaugh

ski_king
11-27-2006, 06:53 PM
Wow, almost 2 hours later and Milks picture is still posted!

Nice job Rod, takes a lot of nerve to move big buck equipment.

M-Funf
11-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Nice job Rod, takes a lot of nerve to move big buck equipment.

Yeah, what he said!

rodltg2
11-27-2006, 07:14 PM
thanks, needless to say i didnt sleep much last night , worried about it.
also because im excited to see this thing run, increase production and increase $$$.. :D

T Scott
11-27-2006, 07:30 PM
OK Rod...million dollar question. What does that machine do??

rodltg2
11-27-2006, 07:43 PM
it routers and polished the edges on granite countertops..

RobertT
11-28-2006, 09:25 AM
A few years ago my firm did the plumbing on a project, one of the tenants was a granite fabricator. We had to put in a fairly elaborate sedimentation collection system with trench drains for obvious reasons.

A devise, looked just like that, showed up early before the system was done yet they calibrated it anyway.

Evidently, and this is second hand because I was never there, they calibrate it by grinding off the top of the table bit by bit to make a perfectly flat surface. The morons swept it all down the nearest floor drain.

Fast forward two weeks....250' of 4" sewer line under a 6" industrial slab was filled within 1" of the top with packed ground granite.

Pretty funny really, just an expensive screw up.

SkiDog
11-28-2006, 09:48 AM
Great looking piece of machinery you gots there. My granite guy doesn't have any sort of drainage pipes for his operation. His cleanup is with a shop vac! 8p

Ric
11-28-2006, 10:55 AM
I was thinking a broom might work, but a vac is good til you have to empty the bag :eek:

SkiDog
11-28-2006, 11:09 AM
I was thinking a broom might work, but a vac is good til you have to empty the bag :eek:

Its still too primitive! I've been trying to sell this guy a new steel building with enough room to fab, and a good drainage system, but he just won't take the plunge! :mad:

rodltg2
11-28-2006, 11:23 AM
we have three huge traps where all the drains go into before the water goes out. all the sediment builds up in there. every week, the lowest on the totem pole has to clean them out....

Leroy
11-28-2006, 01:11 PM
I'm guessing it prints money for Rods expensive activities! :D

Neat setup Rod, great to see this stuff.

OK Rod...million dollar question. What does that machine do??

Leroy
11-28-2006, 01:17 PM
Rod;

I have a question, I have a small chip in my granite on the edge, how can that be fixed?

rodltg2
11-28-2006, 01:23 PM
best way is to have a fabricator/installer to come out and fill it in with color matched epoxy. the problem is finding someone who will do it. if you remember who installed it call them first. otherwise if you can't find someone i can maybe send you some if you know the color of granite you have. if you were to buy your own kit it will cost more than its worth since your not in the granite business...

Leroy
11-28-2006, 03:26 PM
Thanks !

best way is to have a fabricator/installer to come out and fill it in with color matched epoxy. the problem is finding someone who will do it. if you remember who installed it call them first. otherwise if you can't find someone i can maybe send you some if you know the color of granite you have. if you were to buy your own kit it will cost more than its worth since your not in the granite business...

Mag_Red
11-28-2006, 04:56 PM
Thanks !Leroy..........funny you should ask this as a kid that grew up in the neighborhood stopped by here a few weeks ago to tell me he's in the granite repair business. Been doing it three years now. I'm guessing that Indy is a bit too far for him to travel.:(

rodltg2
11-28-2006, 05:25 PM
its up and running! here you can see what it does.................

Leroy
11-28-2006, 06:00 PM
Thanks Mag, in one way I wish it would work out! In another I hope it is not that expensive! If he ends up here anyway have him call me.

Leroy..........funny you should ask this as a kid that grew up in the neighborhood stopped by here a few weeks ago to tell me he's in the granite repair business. Been doing it three years now. I'm guessing that Indy is a bit too far for him to travel.:(

Ric
11-28-2006, 06:09 PM
I always figured cali to be restrictive on watershed but you guys grind that stuff and wash it down the drain? I know you said there were sediment collectors but are there no coolant additives to the water being used?

rodltg2
11-28-2006, 06:46 PM
the traps catch most all of it. its just granite dust so its no worse than dirt.. there are no chemicals used to polish just water.

G_Anders
11-28-2006, 09:59 PM
Rodltg2,

I purchased my CNC machine while I was at the show in Vegas. I went with the CMS Brenbana Concept. You'll love the Pro-Edge IV, I have the Pro-Edge III and never regretted buying it one bit. Park is expensive but has top notch service and builds quality machines. What other gear do you run? Next year I'll be looking at a linear edge machine for backsplash. Congrats on your new gear, do you visit stoneadvice.com at all?

G_Anders
11-28-2006, 10:01 PM
I must say the red C-Arm is sexy. It must be powdercoated, your machine has some features that I wished mine had

Ric
11-29-2006, 08:30 AM
the traps catch most all of it. its just granite dust so its no worse than dirt.. there are no chemicals used to polish just water. interesting .

rodltg2
11-29-2006, 01:41 PM
Rodltg2,

I purchased my CNC machine while I was at the show in Vegas. I went with the CMS Brenbana Concept. You'll love the Pro-Edge IV, I have the Pro-Edge III and never regretted buying it one bit. Park is expensive but has top notch service and builds quality machines. What other gear do you run? Next year I'll be looking at a linear edge machine for backsplash. Congrats on your new gear, do you visit stoneadvice.com at all?

loving the machine so far, i have a cmpi in line polisher, and a cmpi bridge saw, now the pro edge. i have 10 fabricators so i will not be buying a cnc.