PDA

View Full Version : Boom For 92 PS190

MasterCrafting
11-26-2006, 02:07 PM
Hey, anyone know if I can use a straight boom or do i need to get the curved one to get around the windshield.

Thanks.

JohnnyB
11-26-2006, 02:41 PM
I used a contoured (curved) boom in my 92 PS 190. I don't believe a straight one would fit around the windshield.

T Scott
11-26-2006, 06:04 PM
I had a stright boom on my old 1992 Prostar without any problems.

JohnnyB
11-26-2006, 07:10 PM
I had a stright boom on my old 1992 Prostar without any problems.

In thinking about it more, he's right about it clearing the windshield. You can probably use a straight boom. The curved boom allowed you to mount it lower on the pylon which was easier to step over and would probably allow you to have it lower to the water as with a straight boom, you'd be limited to how high you could raise it in the boat.

Footin
11-26-2006, 07:33 PM
You will need a contoured boom because of your pylon.

The pylons on the early 90's boat were tapered about half way up.

Laurel_Lake_Skier
12-04-2006, 10:21 PM
Yes...a straight boom will work on your boat. I used a straight BI for a while on my '91. The bracket will mount below the tapered portion of the pylon and the boom needs to angle back slightly to clear the windshield. After using mine like that for a year or so, I added the contours to it with a hydraulic press. The curves allow it to run 90 to the boat and it can be used on either the driver (with seat pulled forward) or passenger side. I've also got a height adjusting bracket that makes adjusting the angle easy plus I can use an extended pylon while the boom mount is in place.

DooSPX
12-05-2006, 04:56 PM
i have a BFI curved boom, its great, and the boom is perfectly straight off the side of the boat, not angled up like some straight booms i have seen