PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone replaced a Trailer Fender

Waterski-Marcoisland
11-26-2006, 03:15 AM
I got to my truck at the boat ramp one day and found that someone hit my trailer, they cracked the fiberglass near the backup light ripping the whole corner off. Any ideas on cost? db:mad: (driverside, white, single axle, 07 X2)

TMCNo1
11-27-2006, 08:05 PM
I got to my truck at the boat ramp one day and found that someone hit my trailer, they cracked the fiberglass near the backup light ripping the whole corner off. Any ideas on cost? db:mad: (driverside, white, single axle, 07 X2)
Call your dealer, since it's a '07 it should be a snap to get.

atlfootr
11-27-2006, 09:19 PM
Anyone ever replace a fender?
I once provided a TT Member w/ a fiberglass replacement fender, who was from out of state.
I don't know, if he ever installed it as of yet.

WTRSK1R
11-28-2006, 11:09 PM
I replaced the fender on my '92 205 trailer after a similar experience at a parking lot. It was really easy to do, and as long as you can get the fender should not be a problem. The hardest part was using contact cement to reattach the carpeting on the fender near the tire. Use a good cleaner like acetone before installing the non skid pads if they do not come installed from the factory. (Mine did not) I think I needed to cut the hole for the boot guide pole, but not for the tail light. Actually, now that I think about it, the hardest part was finding some place to leave the boat floating while I worked on the trailer. I needed to find someone with a slip who would let me "borrow it" for a night so that I could remove and replace the fender. I think I spent a couple of hours doing it, but I was taking it easy.

Good Luck.

Steve