PDA

View Full Version : Need some old rub rail

TourneyChef
11-24-2006, 08:59 PM
Hey!
I'm just finishing up my MasterCraft Stars & Stripes Kegerator project and am one part short of having this customized beauty up on the site. I need about 7-8 ft of rub-rail backer and insert. The insert would be black, and the backer (rail) could be aluminum/stainless, or even the newer black heavy vinyl stuff would be fine. (it's supposed to be an early 80's theme with the graphics we have goin' so whatever applies here would be great, but not totally anal about specifics)

If anyone is doing a restoration project on an older model and replacing their rub rail, I'd love to use it for the project. Even if it's in shorter sections, 3 3ft sections of rail and insert would be ideal. Or if anyone had any hook ups at dealers they could ask too, that would be much appreciated and they would be given full bragging rights for it at it's completion. I'd really like to thank Jim at Bay Area Watersports, and Lex in parts at Rambo marine for a bunch of the help they've both given me on the project. So far, nobody's been able to come up wit this stuff though,you wouldn't believe what a hard time I am having finding it..

Thanks for the help campers!

DemolitionMan
11-24-2006, 10:43 PM
I bought black rope from lowes and used 3m wind shied glue to hold it in. i have pics of my boat if you need to see how it looks.

TourneyChef
11-25-2006, 02:08 AM
That might work for insert if I wound up having to do that, but I need the backing rail itself too, not just insert rail. I am just screwing this to the outside of an old GE refrigerator for decoration purposes. The idea is to have it look like there's a bunch of boat parts on it from an MC from that era to kinda make it look like a boat ya know? Kinda like an Orange County Choppers project based off an old early 80's MC S&S. Only this would be more like... "Orange County Kegerators"

"I gotta admit, I had my doubts about some of the ideas Pauly had for this project at first. But I'm real happy now seeing the final product. I'm really impressed with the way this one turned out.... I think it's really gonna keep the beer cold."

-Paul Sr.

duckguy
10-16-2010, 11:22 AM
You should post up pics of this kegerator. I would love to see em!