PDA

View Full Version : Need Help...'06 vs. '07 X-30???

Ole Miss Rebels
11-24-2006, 03:53 PM
A friend asked me to inquire for him on this board which he reads periodically. He is considering purchasing an X-30. Does anyone have any info on whether it is worth purchasing an '06 and saving a little (maybe a lot) of money or should he dig a little deeper and only consider an '07? Were there any issues in the '06 line that he would be avoiding in the '07 line? Are there any significant improvements in the '07 line that justify whatever price increase there may be? Thanks in advance. I'll hang up now and listen to your responses. Oh, I forgot , I'm not calling the coaches Call-in Show. Hotty Toddy, Go Rebels, beat State.

Chief
11-24-2006, 05:30 PM
Depends on how much you can save. 5 to 10K or more? I went 06 and saved some buckage, unless you have alot to spend and want exhaust with baffles.

corey
11-25-2006, 04:59 PM
Either is a phenominal boat, the changes from 06-07 vary between options. The boat itself is the same. Changes include

6.0 Liter gets cast block, variable valve timing, more hp, more torque and runs on any grade of fuel

5.7 gets lower emmisions thanks to the ETX Cats

MC Cruise operates at Surfing speeds

Ballast Tanks fill faster and have automatic shutoff

Trailer gets L.E.D. Lights

Tower is wicked cool

Factory Heater is a 3 vent now

2QWICK
11-26-2006, 07:54 AM
We opted for a 06 and got an insane deal on it. The boat was over 20% off which makes me deal with the 2 vent heater, it came with Perfect Pass so i got surf speed anyway, I have a 440 Cuda - think I care about lower emmisions, the ballast takes are a bit slow to fill and I will be replacing my pumps with thoes due to salt use but again... the deal on the boat was SICK. Go with the 06... we got ours in September so I bet there are even more deals to be had now.

2QWICK
11-26-2006, 07:55 AM
Double post