PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a boom for Christmas...?

92 190 PS
11-22-2006, 08:12 PM
I'm in the midst of shopping for a boom and accessories for my 190 PS.

What does everyone suggest? I'm a BI guy only because that is all we've ever had. Because of excessive spray I'm looking at a boom extension and the kids extension handle. Are those accessories worth the money?

Other thing I'm not sure of is I have a fly high that slides over the pylon so I would assume I need a height adjuster as well? Just the accessories are going to set me back a couple hundred bucks...Let me know your thoughts...

Thanks, Brian

erkoehler
11-22-2006, 08:46 PM
I'd go with BFI. Let me know if you need help w/ ordering.

TMCNo1
11-22-2006, 10:51 PM

What does everyone suggest? I'm a BI guy only because that is all we've ever had.

Yea, someone will throw you under the bus for saying it that way!

tex
11-23-2006, 11:18 AM
I have the boom extender for kids and really like it. Check out barefootcentral.com

SkiDog
11-23-2006, 11:42 AM
[QUOTE=TMCNo1]Yea, someone will throw you under the bus for saying it that way![/QUOTE

Only you Harold, only you!:D

TMCNo1
11-23-2006, 12:06 PM
[QUOTE=TMCNo1]Yea, someone will throw you under the bus for saying it that way![/QUOTE

Only you Harold, only you!:D
I just beat you to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!8p 8p 8p

rodltg2
11-23-2006, 02:02 PM
I'm in the midst of shopping for a boom and accessories for my 190 PS.

What does everyone suggest? I'm a BI guy only
Thanks, Brian

yes maybe should keep that to yourself.....

seriously though i have a used straight BI boom if interested. i have two so i dont need it..

92 190 PS
11-24-2006, 08:54 PM
Yea, someone will throw you under the bus for saying it that way!

For those that were'nt clear I was refering to Barefoot International and for everyone else rest assured I'm married with 2 kids and another on the way in April...But glad I could entertain the group for a couple hours...Especially you TMC....:)

Kevin 89MC
12-19-2006, 05:51 PM
Probably kinda late here, but IMHO I prefer my ECI boom to the BI booms I've used. Much easier set up & adjustibility. BI makes a good product, I just like the ECI better, and many of my ski buddies agree.
Good luck.

TX.X-30 fan
12-19-2006, 06:17 PM
For those that were'nt clear I'm married with 2 kids and another on the way in April...But glad I could entertain the group for a couple hours....:)

Thats what all the BI married guys say. ;) ;)

JohnnyB
12-19-2006, 07:11 PM
Had the same boat and used a BI Contour Boom (has bend in it) and height adjuster in conjunction with the fly-high. The height adjuster is great for adjusting the height for working with children, or you can just change the distribution of people in the boat to change the height. However, if you want to have the boom and fly-high connected at the same time, you'll want the height adjuster.

Regarding the boom extenter (Fits in middle of boom), I never saw it as necessary with the boom on my PS190. :twocents:

The smaller boom handle you put on the end of the boom might be handy for kids.

suedv
12-19-2006, 08:56 PM
Karl Walters is a member of our ski team and he makes various types of ski/ show ski equipment. Our family owns the Hylon that he makes and we like it a lot. This is a link to information about his KW Barefoot Boom (http://www.lakeelmosports.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_26&products_id=229). We don't own that but I've heard good things about it.

By the way, Karl is a pretty cool guy. At 65 he still performs in all the shows. He's always inventing something new. We certainly benefit from having him in our club.

SteveO
12-20-2006, 06:13 PM
If you have the cash to blow, get the height adjuster, otherwise carry a socket wrench and adjust on the fly as needed. Have a BI on my 209 that I use mainly to teach the kiddo's. Worth every penny just to see the look on my kids face as well as their friends when you get them up the first time