PDA

View Full Version : Boom on X10

dmayer84
11-21-2006, 11:41 PM
Parents asked me what I wanted this year, and I want a boom so that I can start barefooting. I just dont know how well it would work on my boat. Our previous boat wouldnt even go fast enough to think about it but now that it could be possible. Just wondering if the spray from the boat or such would really keep it from being viable.

Maristar210
11-22-2006, 12:09 AM
It could happen very nicely on your boat. As a M210 owner I have had many thoughts of the same.

erkoehler
11-22-2006, 01:09 AM
I'd get a v-drive boom, and get the extension for it to move the footer further from the boat.

Good luck, and you can also add driver side ballast to help w/ the spray.

dmayer84
11-22-2006, 09:17 AM
I'd get a v-drive boom, and get the extension for it to move the footer further from the boat.

Good luck, and you can also add driver side ballast to help w/ the spray.

Would the tower boom work just as well as the vdrive boom?

bigmac
11-22-2006, 09:29 AM
Would the tower boom work just as well as the vdrive boom?On an X-10, depending on the tower, a V-drive boom may not clear the rear tower leg where it's attached to the gunwhale. That attachement point can be several inches to the stern end of the winshield frame. I'd want to check that fit out thoroughly before going to all the trouble of getting boom shipped, only to find it won't fit and has to be shipped back and exchanged for a tower-mounted boom. It might be worthwhile to call Barefoot International and ask them about that before pulling the trigger. Surely they've had to deal with this issue before.

jlf
11-22-2006, 11:29 AM
I've been thinking about the same thing. Which tower to get for our '06 X10. I need to get back out on the boat and see where the spray is and how bad it is. I know the Vdrive booms are a lot cheaper, but if they won't work, then I'll have to bite the bullet on the tower mounted boom. Let me know what you find out. I do think our towers are different so your information may be useless to me with our '06.

I'd stil be interested to see what you find out.

corey
11-22-2006, 07:08 PM
I am 99% sure you can use the V Drive boom from Barefoot Intl. The tower mounted booms work well but are more of a pain to put up.

Definitally go with the extension, you'll want it to stay out of the spray.

Jerseydave
11-22-2006, 07:49 PM
Dmeyer,

I've got the Barefoot International v-drive boom on my 230VRS......works great! I may be selling it since I'm the only one in my group that barefoots and I usually go long line. It's only been used 4-5 times (one year old) Let me know if you're interested, since you only live about 1 hour from me. We could try it on your boat first to make sure it clears the tower, although I'm pretty sure it will.

-Dave

dmayer84
11-23-2006, 01:48 PM
Dmeyer,

I've got the Barefoot International v-drive boom on my 230VRS......works great! I may be selling it since I'm the only one in my group that barefoots and I usually go long line. It's only been used 4-5 times (one year old) Let me know if you're interested, since you only live about 1 hour from me. We could try it on your boat first to make sure it clears the tower, although I'm pretty sure it will.

-Dave

That could definately work if it fits and if you do decide to sell it.

prostar205
11-23-2006, 02:06 PM
So what is the final decison: Tower Boom or V-Drive boom?? I have a '02 X30 and want to buy a boom to teach my kids (ages 4 and 6) to ski and board.

I am leaning towards the tower boom because it puts the skier closer to the boat and out of the spray - from what I have heard. Remember, this is not for me to barefoot, it will only be used to teach small kids.

dmayer84
11-23-2006, 02:55 PM
So what is the final decison: Tower Boom or V-Drive boom?? I have a '02 X30 and want to buy a boom to teach my kids (ages 4 and 6) to ski and board.

If Dave's fits and hes selling it ill go with that and get the extension. If not I'll go for the tower boom, it would be nice to be closer to the boat even though it is more of a pain to put up and take down. Looks like im gonna have to buy it myself tho, rents decided it costs too much for a present. :cool:

Jerseydave
11-26-2006, 11:39 PM
Dmeyer, sent you a PM.

Forgot to mention, I'll teach you how to barefoot next spring, too! :)

dmayer84
11-26-2006, 11:43 PM
Dmeyer, sent you a PM.

Forgot to mention, I'll teach you how to barefoot next spring, too! :)

PM back at ya. Any help would be well appreciated.

dmayer84
12-07-2006, 10:26 PM
Dave PM for ya.

bigmac
12-07-2006, 10:57 PM
It's a good thing we have this forum, so you guys will know when you have PM's...;)

dmayer84
12-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Wouldnt it be nice if there was something big the popped up saying new messages or something to that effect.

Jerseydave
12-07-2006, 11:01 PM
At the top/right....private messages, unread 1 :)