PDA

View Full Version : Check your eBay preferences...

bcampbe7
11-21-2006, 01:29 PM
I saw this on another forum and thought it was worth checking out.

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=344564

I got this from the streetcommodores.com.au forums so anyone doubting the authenticity check there and have a look at the number of members shocked at having this happen to them.

Quote #1;

Quote:

Anyone with an account on ebay should check this out,someone named auctionhouse had set themselves up as 3rd party on my account without my permission please guys and gals look into it,i got this in an email

Email mentioned in above quote;

Quote:

found out that someone had placed a 'third party authorisation' on my account and was using it to buy items off ebay without my say so. they were basically using my ID to send other sellers emails and asking them to reply to an alternative email address (their own). I wouldn't have known except I was randomly checking my preferences and under the third party authorisations there was a name! I emailed ebay and I have had to change my password with them and also my passwords to paypal and my email account - frightening. I would tell everyone to check under third party authorisations in your preferences and if there is a name there you don't recognise check it off and email ebay immediately - I have said to them they should at least send the seller an email when a third party authorisation is requested so this can't happen

Judging from what i've seen on the street commodores site this seems pretty common so it may be a good idea for you all to check the third party preferences in your ebay acount.

Go to My Account -> Preferences -> General Preferences -> Third Party Authorizations, then select any unauthorised sellers there and click Revoke Authorization.

i have never used that seller, and im lucky if i use ebay 4 times a year (in 4yrs i only have about 15 individual feedbacks) but somehow that Auctionworks guy had added himself to my 3rd party auth aswell!!

W4T's, I know it is a Traxxas forum, but you should still check-it-out. :D

88 PS190
11-21-2006, 01:39 PM
traxxas has some rocking vehicles... no matter if they also make some cheap stuff.

no third parties authorized on mine...

thijs
11-21-2006, 01:48 PM
Yikes, I just checked my third party authorizations preferences. There were two in there that I never heard of. Thanks to God that there was no fraudulent transactions. Changing passwords today.

thijs
11-21-2006, 01:51 PM
but somehow that Auctionworks guy had added himself to my 3rd party auth aswell!!

Hold on, I had auctionworks as one of my third parties as well??????!!!!

Maybe this has something to do with the automatic bidding?

lassy
11-21-2006, 02:03 PM
hmm...i checked mine and ZOOVY was listed. i read somewhere that ZOOVY is a company that does the layouts for ads and stuff..???? they aren't on my list now

Chief
11-21-2006, 02:41 PM
I had four, but nothing fishy has happend. Time to change email and password and contact ebay and *** them.

prostar205
11-21-2006, 03:18 PM
I just found three unauthorized third parties. I quickly revoked their authorizatons.

How can you tell if someone has caused any problems?

bcampbe7
11-21-2006, 03:27 PM
traxxas has some rocking vehicles... no matter if they also make some cheap stuff.

no third parties authorized on mine...

Oh, I love Traxxas. I have a Revo 3.3 and had a Stampede. W4T's is an AE man.

The 3rd party authorizations may be for last minute bidding. You will have to check on that.

Workin' 4 Toys
11-21-2006, 03:44 PM
Traxxas = junk.....Nuff said. Traxxas forum.....HAH!

BeavenX5
11-21-2006, 03:54 PM
No third party authorizations on my preference :D

I have a traxxas revo 2.5 n which I just installed a 3.3. wheelies are insane even with the smaller spurgear and smaller cluthbell. I ordered an extended chassis and shafts to convert it to 3.3 specs...
I also have a Team Loi LS: awsome truck and extremely powerfull.

thijs
11-21-2006, 04:37 PM
How can you tell if someone has caused any problems?

This is where it simply pays to be careful and watch bank statements. Also in myEbay you can watch to see if there have been bids or purchases on your account. Other than that you should be safe.

DrNautica
11-21-2006, 04:54 PM
Here's what showed up on mine:

Third-party authorizations Hide

You have authorized the following third party applications to perform certain actions on eBay on your behalf.

AuctionWorks (created Jul-14-05) Revoke this authorization

ChannelAdvisor Services (created Oct-23-05) Revoke this authorization

Zoovy (created Nov-30-05) Revoke this authorization

eBay Holiday Dreams Sweepstakes (created Jul-24-06) Revoke this authorization

YIKES!!! I revoked the authorizations but what now???

Chief
11-21-2006, 07:14 PM
Here's what showed up on mine:

Third-party authorizations Hide

You have authorized the following third party applications to perform certain actions on eBay on your behalf.

AuctionWorks (created Jul-14-05) Revoke this authorization

ChannelAdvisor Services (created Oct-23-05) Revoke this authorization

Zoovy (created Nov-30-05) Revoke this authorization

eBay Holiday Dreams Sweepstakes (created Jul-24-06) Revoke this authorization

YIKES!!! I revoked the authorizations but what now???

All the same ones on mine too. I changed my password, don't know if its going to help. Ebay is becoming dangerous, I get phishing emails from what looks like ebay all the time. I just forward them to spoof@ebay.com and the link in the phishing email is zapped and will not work.

bigmac
11-21-2006, 10:00 PM
I had Channel Advisor Services in my third party list too. My understanding is that they handle some third party e-commerce sites that are ebay sellers. I'm not sure how that gets them into my list. Ebay is a mysterious (and dangerous) place.

Hoosier Bob
11-21-2006, 10:28 PM
Craaap! I had four! No MORE!:o

Workin' 4 Toys
11-22-2006, 08:49 AM
Ebay is a mysterious (and dangerous) place.
Yes it is.........:mad: