PDA

View Full Version : Kramer has lost his marbles

Maristar210
11-21-2006, 09:47 AM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20061121.wrichards1121/BNStory/Entertainment/home

Ric
11-21-2006, 09:50 AM
how big will this story get?

bigmac
11-21-2006, 10:06 AM
how big will this story get?As big as the offendees can possibly make it.

Sodar
11-21-2006, 10:17 AM
I am by no means condoning his actions, but if it was lets say Dave Chappelle was up on stage going on a tirade about two white members of the audience, it would not even make the news! Unfortunately, this story is going to be huge and Richards name will be slandered...

Maristar210
11-21-2006, 10:20 AM
As big as the offendees can possibly make it.

If ever there were a fitting use of the term this is it

TRU DAT

bigmac
11-21-2006, 10:28 AM
I am by no means condoning his actions, but if it was lets say Dave Chappelle was up on stage going on a tirade about two white members of the audience, it would not even make the news!

Truly an excellent point...

TMCNo1
11-21-2006, 10:42 AM
I am by no means condoning his actions, but if it was lets say Dave Chappelle was up on stage going on a tirade about two white members of the audience, it would not even make the news! Unfortunately, this story is going to be huge and Richards name will be slandered...

Can anyone say, "HBO", "Comedy Channel"? I guess if the networks are promoting it it's OK, but it's in a small comedy club and not being taped for TV, go figure! Probably some persons in the audience trying to achieve their 15 minutes of fame at Richards expense.

phecksel
11-21-2006, 11:28 AM
Good comedian knows how to handle hecklers without resorting to racial slurs. Maybe our comedian feels since he's rich and he's kramer, he's special. IMO, he's stepped way over the line with this one.

Ric
11-21-2006, 11:35 AM
He may not actually be very funny as a stand up act...

Reminds me of artest going into the seats to get a heckler. I would not be good at that.

Maristar210
11-21-2006, 11:36 AM
Good comedian knows how to handle hecklers without resorting to racial slurs. Maybe our comedian feels since he's rich and he's kramer, he's special. IMO, he's stepped way over the line with this one.

I agree Phecksel. Using the N word in that setting is not uncommon but the repeated references to slavery proves that he truly is a racist. Someone who is not a racist does not have those thoughts running through thier head, period.

Steve

Archimedes
11-21-2006, 11:39 AM
Funny how a guy makes some racist remarks in a fit of anger and everybody's ready to bury him, disregard his apology, and blackball him from his livelihood, not to mention walk away from his friendship.

In this country, you can beat your wife, drive drunk and hurt innocent people, (even kill your ex-wife and her friend), and people are all too happy to forgive, forget and give you a second chance. But god forbid anything remotely racist comes out of your mouth when you're angry.

In times like this you find out more about the people around the person in question, that the person themselves. Funny how so-called friends run for the hills when the going gets tough. Good to see Seinfeld at least sticking by him.

EDIT: Just saw the video. Wow. He went insane. What was going through his head?!

Jesus_Freak
11-21-2006, 11:42 AM
Agreed with Maristar210 and Phecksel. There had to have been a better way to handle this heckling that should have been expected in stand-up.

Ric
11-21-2006, 11:51 AM
I won't mention them here but there are more angles to this than at first glance... I'll quietly watch and see how this one blows....

Crazy world... somebody outta sell tickets

Sodar
11-21-2006, 12:02 PM
I won't mention them here but there are more angles to this than at first glance... I'll quietly watch and see how this one blows....

Crazy world... somebody outta sell tickets

I agree on this Ric. My ANGLE is just going to sit dormant for the time being...

Rich_G
11-21-2006, 12:37 PM
I saw the unfiltered version of his outburst on Fox late last night. He really loses it; totally outta control. From what I have heard, this is completely uncharacteristic for Richards.

The thing I wonder -- is this guy having some mental health issues? Have you ever been around someone in a manic state, or bi-polar, or severe depression? I'm not making any excuses for him but it could help explain it. As he said in his apology, he doesn't even know where this came from.

88 PS190
11-21-2006, 12:46 PM
unfiltered version with subtitles is on youtube, i'll let you do the search yourself.

Monte
11-21-2006, 12:54 PM

Two words... DOUBLE STANDARD.. of course there is not a word for the caucasian American that is quite that inflamitory, but Dave Chappell (as an example) could get up and blast as many "N" bombs as he wanted without a second glance, even if it were in angered retaliation.. Chappelle could also blast out "rednecks" who were heckling him and recieve high fives as he walked off stage. I am disappointed in MR's statements, but every man has a breaking point......
Oh yeah! There are white people.. and there are rednecks.. wouldn't you agree?

TMCNo1
11-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Two words... DOUBLE STANDARD.. of course there is not a word for the caucasian American that is quite that inflamitory, but Dave Chappell (as an example) could get up and blast as many "N" bombs as he wanted without a second glance, even if it were in angered retaliation.. Chappelle could also blast out "rednecks" who were heckling him and recieve high fives as he walked off stage. I am disappointed in MR's statements, but every man has a breaking point......

Another comes to mind, Carlos Mencia (Mind of Mencia, Comedy Channel), he is funny and goes beyond what is the basics on everybody. Yet, no one starts heckling him and if they would, he would get by with whatever he said.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
11-21-2006, 01:07 PM
here's my take: I am by no means a racist. My girlfriend most certainly is a minority. but I view things on its own merit. I dont go discriminating against anyone, but I dont like when people use the race card to advance themselves or put others down. Things go too far in this country. Everyone is too concerned about offending someone. You know how many "fat jokes" people made about me when I was fat? LOTS! Did I go around crying discrimination to the media? NO. I learned to deal with it. Its life. people need to learn to deal with it. if you live, your going to be offended, and your going to offend. its that simple. People need to understand that.

my theory is, he might have did it on purpose. this guy's career was going down the tubes, and he needed something to get publicity. a famous qoute is "there is no such thing as bad publicity." I think this guy did this purposely to try to salvage his career. what has he done since Sienfeld? He may end up being a popular thing just because he is controversial. hey, its a crazy world, and people love controversy. its just that some people wont admit it. but they will pay to be entertained. Remember the Ozzy Osbourne incident? (no, not the bat head incident, but that applies here too) There were rumors going around that he killed a chicken at a show once(it never happened). Frank Zappa called him up and asked if it was true, Ozzy replied that it had never happend. Zappa told Ozzy "well dont tell anyone!" zappa told him to let the media and public go on believing it, because it was controversial and kept him in the public eye. :cool:

88 PS190
11-21-2006, 01:09 PM
Have you watched the video of it?

I've seen dave chappel, and carlos mencia's acts, i'd say MR's latest spouting is beyond that.

What offensive term does dave or carlos use for white people? Crackers? I don't think that's really an offensive term.

I don't think white people can't throw the N-Bomb, I think making it so taboo just makes the word association stronger.

But Michael Richards did blow up on an audience member, who was black with some serious terms. I think in the circumstance the club should have kicked the hecklers out, and if you watch the clip, Michael's first rip on the guys is laughed at, its when he starts ripping out on the Nbomb that the troubles started happening.

M-Funf
11-21-2006, 02:02 PM
I'd say drugs...he looks pretty whacked in that apology video. The tirade was simply horrible. I'm a pretty tolerant person normally, but I would have left that club pretty quickly.

M-Funf
11-21-2006, 02:05 PM

He's done some pretty "close to the edge" stuff, like this one about a white family with a funny name...

"N" Family (http://youtube.com/watch?v=1K5NNANVeq0)

Sodar
11-21-2006, 02:10 PM
He's done some pretty "close to the edge" stuff, like this one about a white family with a funny name...

"N" Family (http://youtube.com/watch?v=1K5NNANVeq0)

Or the skit where he acts like a blind KKK member... except he is black!

After discovering he was in fact black, he was asked:
"Why did you divorce your wife of 30 years???"
In response:
"I found out she was a N****R lover!! White Power"

:D Probably one of the funniest Chapelle Show Skits I have seen :D

trickskier
11-21-2006, 02:17 PM

Well said Monte......Double Standard is the KEY word here.......For example I don't remember who the Governor of Califorina was at the time, but remember when he called Elvis Grbac a sorry excuse for a human being and it was just swept under the rug.

M-Funf
11-21-2006, 03:32 PM
Well said Monte......Double Standard is the KEY word here.......For example I don't remember who the Governor of Califorina was at the time, but remember when he called Elvis Grbac a sorry excuse for a human being and it was just swept under the rug.

That would have been Jerry Brown...but he was just running for gov. Didn't get the job

Archimedes
11-21-2006, 03:50 PM
That would have been Jerry Brown...but he was just running for gov. Didn't get the job

Actually, it was Willie Brown, the Mayor of San Francisco at the time, who said that and he did wind up taking a lot of heat locally for it.

trickskier
11-21-2006, 04:25 PM
Actually, it was Willie Brown, the Mayor of San Francisco at the time, who said that and he did wind up taking a lot of heat locally for it.

Yeah, that's the guy, not living in California I couldn't remember. Thanks Arch.

stumbledog
11-21-2006, 04:39 PM
Freedom of speech goes both ways. I have not viewed any of the footage from this outburst, but from what I have read, he was reacting to a situation started by the individual crying foul.

If he is a racist, he is entitled to that opinion .......right or wrong. But, just because he want on that tirade, and said what he said, that does not make him a racist.

M-Funf
11-21-2006, 05:46 PM

Yup, you are correct. My mistake...I always get the two brown's mixed up :rolleyes:

Maristar210
11-21-2006, 06:12 PM
I just watched the video on You tube and um yeah. He absolutley lost it. He got pi$$ed because he was being heckled and when he ran out of comedic insults he said the N word a bunch.....

Steve

TX.X-30 fan
11-21-2006, 07:21 PM
Funny how a guy makes some racist remarks in a fit of anger and everybody's ready to bury him, disregard his apology, and blackball him from his livelihood, not to mention walk away from his friendship.

In this country, you can beat your wife, drive drunk and hurt innocent people, (even kill your ex-wife and her friend), and people are all too happy to forgive, forget and give you a second chance. But god forbid anything remotely racist comes out of your mouth when you're angry.

In times like this you find out more about the people around the person in question, that the person themselves. Funny how so-called friends run for the hills when the going gets tough. Good to see Seinfeld at least sticking by him.

EDIT: Just saw the video. Wow. He went insane. What was going through his head?!

Very well stated archimedes

TX.X-30 fan
11-21-2006, 08:11 PM

Have you ever heard the puke that spews from Chris Rock. This seems tame compared to some of what I've seen on those comedy jams.

tommcat
11-21-2006, 10:47 PM
What offensive term does dave or carlos use for white people? Crackers? I don't think that's really an offensive term.
that's because you're white, you're not allowed to get offended

stumbledog
11-21-2006, 11:03 PM
I agree Phecksel. Using the N word in that setting is not uncommon but the repeated references to slavery proves that he truly is a racist. Someone who is not a racist does not have those thoughts running through thier head, period.

Steve

Why does he have to be a racist if he has those thoughts?

Maristar210
11-21-2006, 11:22 PM
Why does he have to be a racist if he has those thoughts?

Because he said things like "50 years ago we'd have a fork up your a$$" and look at the N's, look at the N's, Look at the N's, they're right there (point) They're are the N's. MF-er this and that three times.....

Thats like saying I don't like Miller Lite while standing next to a bag full of empty Miller Lite cans and insisting I am not a Miller Lite drinker.

I am not above much of anything...

But I do call a spaid a spaid. You dilusional guys have your own issues to deal with....

stumbledog
11-22-2006, 12:02 AM
I think you missed my point.

Eagle
11-22-2006, 12:14 AM
Richards just released his inner Mel, except in front of an audience and on tape, instead of along a roadside. Ooops.

boatless
11-22-2006, 09:25 AM
:purplaugh The N word, he said the N word. What the hell is the N word ? Double :rolleyes: . Can't anyone just say it ? Come on, I dare you.. :D

boatless.

Leroy
11-22-2006, 09:32 AM
Kramer went off the deep end, he was not funny, he was angry. You can hear the N word all the time on TV and he could have pulled it off, but watching the video, he needs some better meds.

PS: I'm a big Seinfeld fan and really hate seeing this happen to Kramer.

Ric
11-22-2006, 12:11 PM
hooooooo POW!!!!!!!!!!

Maristar210
11-22-2006, 12:21 PM
Newmann!!!

phecksel
11-24-2006, 06:29 PM
Freedom of speech goes both ways. I have not viewed any of the footage from this outburst, but from what I have read, he was reacting to a situation started by the individual crying foul.

If he is a racist, he is entitled to that opinion .......right or wrong. But, just because he want on that tirade, and said what he said, that does not make him a racist.
Yes he's entitled to his personal opinion, just like I am to continue to ignore is sorry a$$. It wasn't just part of an act, that would be a double standard issue. In this case, it was a personal attack, different animal.