PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Mastercraft X2 Salt Water Series

Waterski-Marcoisland
11-20-2006, 10:14 PM
I just took ownership of a 07 X2 Salt Water Series. Awesome boat very nimble and very user friendly. The salt water package needs no addition, Master Craft has thought out its line of salt boats very well, so far everything is holding up to the elements (despite some little things). The only draw backs I can see for now is; the deck drains direactly into the bilge area. There are additional drains on either side of the main floor drain, but it would take a substantial amount of water to drain out of those. I have heard that MC is coming out with a retrofit fitting, so the deck drains out of the boat. Also the platform brackets our pitting and peeling from the salt. I guess it's also on MC's list of things to fix. All around great product....db

TMCNo1
11-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Since this is a new 2007 boat, have you consulted with the dealer to see if the issues you stated can be and or are being addressed by MC.

Workin' 4 Toys
11-21-2006, 12:00 PM
Dustin,

Glad to see you got what you were looking for.

I look forward to having access to your glass again, and trying out your new boat......;)

Did you let go of the BF??

Sodar
11-21-2006, 12:07 PM
Since this is a new 2007 boat, have you consulted with the dealer to see if the issues you stated can be and or are being addressed by MC.

The only remedy I see for the peeling platform brackets is replacing the whole setup with stainless. Painted, even powdercoated aluminum last a very short time in the salt. Also, watch the aluminum tower... even though it is anodized, it will pit very quickly if you do not wax it or do what my buddy does and wipe it down with a damp WD-40 everytime he pulls the boat out.

Workin' 4 Toys
11-21-2006, 12:11 PM
I think his last boat had a black tower if I recall.

Good point Sodar......

G-man
11-21-2006, 12:12 PM
There is a product called corrosion - x if sprayed on the tower on a regular basis will keep it looking great. You can also spray down any metal including the engine. I highly recommend their polish rejex also
corrosionx.com

mrm2083
12-10-2006, 11:46 AM
I have an 06 x2 non salt water series that I use in the salt. I use this stuff on the tower and all metals called woody wax, look it up that stuff works wonders. So far I have not had a single problem. Only places I've seen corrosion are the platform brackets, 1 engine mount, and the manifolds. All of these are really no big deal and can easily be replaced every 2 years or whatever. Anyone know if there are any manifolds I can replace mine with that won't rust? ALso the engine mounts, I have an rtp-1, can I replace them with the crusader ones? Or do they make stainless ones or anything saltwater resistant?