PDA

View Full Version : Looking for boat cover

TxTex
11-20-2006, 10:15 AM
I have a 93 Barefoot 200. The original cover is pretty much shot, I am looking for a replacement. Does anybody know if this can still be had from Mastercraft? Or would I need to go custom? Or, does anybody have one for sale?

thanks
Fred Emmerich

BrianM
11-20-2006, 11:17 AM
www.skiboatcovers.com (http://www.skiboatcovers.com)

Quite a few here, including myself, have or have had these covers. A little spendy but worth the $$. I don't see you boat listed on his site but am willing to bet if you give Mike a call he has the pattern to make one for you.

BIGBADBLUE
11-20-2006, 12:23 PM
I got mine this yeat at skiboatcovers.com also and am very pleased. I got the waterline cover and it is great. A litlle pricey ... but a great product.

TxTex
12-01-2006, 11:51 AM
I got mine this yeat at skiboatcovers.com also and am very pleased. I got the waterline cover and it is great. A litlle pricey ... but a great product.

Was yours for a Barefoot 200? I found a web site that had my boat listed but when I called it turned out their idea of the cover was wrong, they did not know it was an outboard.

Sodar
12-01-2006, 12:00 PM
Call The Canvas Shoppe 800-345-3670 or email: orders-200508 @ SkiBoatCovers.com. Mike is really helpful and will get back to you in a very short time. When I ordered mine, he was really cool about using a special type of thread i requested and doing a special color wanted... Great product... it is about as close to a custom job as you can get, without it being custom!

TxTex
12-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Call The Canvas Shoppe 800-345-3670 or email: orders-200508 @ SkiBoatCovers.com. Mike is really helpful and will get back to you in a very short time. When I ordered mine, he was really cool about using a special type of thread i requested and doing a special color wanted... Great product... it is about as close to a custom job as you can get, without it being custom!

I talked to Mike, jis price will be about $100 less than a local shop for the same material, but about half of that is sales tax. I assume he would not charge sales tax since I am out of state.

What type of thread did you use? Do you have something you recommend?

thanks
Fred

Sodar
12-01-2006, 05:00 PM
I talked to Mike, jis price will be about $100 less than a local shop for the same material, but about half of that is sales tax. I assume he would not charge sales tax since I am out of state.

thanks
Fred

I used Gore-Tex thread. My local canvas guy said that in sunny Souther California, that if I got standard cotton thread that it would deteriorate before the Sunbrella material even had a chance to get broken in! It was an extra $40 bucks I for the stuff so I bought into it... who knows!

BrianM
12-01-2006, 05:14 PM

thanks
Fred

Order it from Mike. Top notch quality and service plus you save $100 (no tax).

Bruce
12-01-2006, 07:35 PM
Brian, PM coming at you.