PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question

G_Anders
11-19-2006, 10:40 PM
How would I go about setting my speedo on my 2003 19 Skier? Is there a certain way of doing it?

Chief
11-19-2006, 10:41 PM
GPS or timing through slalom course. OOPS are you talking about adjusting? Then you would hold switch's for each speedometer until the correct speed is dialed in.

88 PS190
11-20-2006, 01:06 AM
jcrosby mentioned the best way to set/calibrate a speedo.

They are 1: go through an approved dimension slalom course, and take an accurate measurement of time from gate to gate, then compare to a slalom time card. If you had your speedo at 36 and your times say you were going at say 34, then go 36 again and turn the knob till it now reads 34 mph.

You'll want to check a few times and get it set at the speed you normally ski.

If both of yours work and you do two activities, say slalom and wakeboarding, get one set to be accurate at speed, and the other set accurately at low speed.

GPS works great also, just dial it in.

Another harder method is to line up valid references, say you know two roads that hit sore to be a quarter mile, you can then work out your true speed, but that's a pain.

And a third though less accurate is to set to another boat, this is great if you have access to a known accurate vessel, but to be honest I don't trust any boat's speedo to be accurate if they lack calibration...