PDA

View Full Version : Removing The Right Lower Dash

454Barefoot
11-19-2006, 07:46 PM
I am removing my dash pieces to fix the faded wood grain look on my 1998 Prostar however I am having a helluva time trying to find a way to get at the nuts to get the Lower Right Dash out and I didnt know if anyone knew any tricks or special tools to do this. Thanks for any help I feel bad for all the questions I am asking but this board makes things alot easier.

mcassell
04-14-2009, 03:05 PM
I am trying to locate replacement "wood grain" inserts on the dash for my 99 Sammy Duvall.

Have you found any replacements, I use Armor-All on them but they are fading badly

flipper
04-14-2009, 03:09 PM
I am trying to locate replacement "wood grain" inserts on the dash for my 99 Sammy Duvall.

Have you found any replacements, I use Armor-All on them but they are fading badly

Don't use armor all on anything. Use 303 and stuff will look better longer for you

Big Dogg
04-14-2009, 04:24 PM
Don't use armor all on anything. Use 303 and stuff will look better longer for you

I was wondering what version of 303 you would recommend. I assume not the fabric guard. Do they have something specific to vinyl. Do you apply as often as you do Armor All. Does anyone have opinions on the 303 wax? I currently use Beats em all (carnuba) and love it but always wondered about 303.

Sorry for the thread jack....

flipper
04-14-2009, 04:27 PM
This stuff

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?r=view&i=23846&pdesc=303_Protectant_16_oz_SPF_40_Sunscreen_for_yo ur_stuff

flipper
04-14-2009, 04:28 PM
I use these two for wax

http://www.autogeek.net/searchresult.html?catalog=autogeek&query=Collinite+fleetwax

flipper
04-14-2009, 04:29 PM
buncha thread jackers

captain planet
04-14-2009, 04:29 PM
I am removing my dash pieces to fix the faded wood grain look on my 1998 Prostar however I am having a helluva time trying to find a way to get at the nuts to get the Lower Right Dash out and I didnt know if anyone knew any tricks or special tools to do this. Thanks for any help I feel bad for all the questions I am asking but this board makes things alot easier.

I have a 98 prostar, however I am having a hard time understanding what you are trying to get at. I have had my dash completely out. Do you have any pictures? That might help my memory.

I guess since mine is an anniversary, I don't have any wood on the dash.

Uh, ok, feeling a little dumb as the original question is about 4 years old. Nevermind, I'll go eat my sammich.

Muttley
04-15-2009, 10:43 AM
To get back to the original question... I don't think there are nuts there. Granted, my boat is older, ('92) but I think it might still be a screw insert that might be spinning in the plastic.

You probably need to pull and turn it out with a pair of vise grips.