PDA

View Full Version : Tn

jayderwin1
12-21-2004, 02:17 PM
Anyone from Nashville, Tennessee :cool:

Bongo
12-22-2004, 11:13 PM
Yes. Just east of Nashville in the 'burb of Mt. Juliet. I live on the banks of Old Hickory Lake near the Cedar Creek Yacht Club / Dry Dock facility / Lone Oak Landing.

How can I help?

--Bongo--

jayderwin1
12-27-2004, 01:44 PM
i was just checking out whose in the area

wpstevenson
12-30-2004, 10:37 AM
I'm close, I live in Bowling Green, my Fiancee has a house at Center Hill lake East of Nashville. We go to Barran river by Bowling Green or go to Center Hill. She has a 93 190 blue and white stars and stripes, I have a Blue and white 2004 X10. My boat is for sale, it's listed on this site in the clasifieds, tell your friends it's for sale. My 2005 X10 is on the way. Where do you ride?

jayderwin1
12-31-2004, 09:02 AM
mostly Percy Priest Lake and Old Hickory Lake

wpstevenson
01-02-2005, 07:12 PM
A friend of mine has his boat on preist at four corners, a 205V. I ride some with him there during the week. We will have to meet there some time or come to Center hill some weekend, smooth water. What do you ride behind.

Leroy
01-02-2005, 10:08 PM
WP; Where do you ride on Center Hill? We normally go down for week in summer at either Dale Hollow or Center Hill. Think we will be a Edgar Evans this summer. We normally go in fork up lake from EE and across the lake.

Cloaked
01-02-2005, 10:24 PM
Center Hill is a nice lake. I have spent the last 24 years on Center Hill and / or Watts Bar Lake, in Eastern TN.

EE is an OK place to launch, but there are a few nicer and smaller places to launch, just by driving up Buffalo Valley Mountain, exiting at exit no. 273 (of course, on I-40) at Silver Point, then going to one of several launches from that access route. Once there, (at Hurricane Creek Launch) you are in the middle of the lake and can go either way to a slalom course (two different clubs) or beautiful Burgess Falls or Fancher's Falls. I could go on and on but my point is, don't limit yourself to the EE end of the lake. It gets much nicer, calmer waters, longer creeks, and less traffic on up toward the other end of the lake.

Overnight and week's camping facilities are available as well, at other spots.

EE is a fine fun place, don't get me wrong, but take in other parts of the lake.

Ask away if you please. I know CH like a well read book.

Leroy
01-02-2005, 10:53 PM
Sporty; We ride up to Burgess Falls every year, and maybe ski just north of the "big bridge" on 56 a little. My friends father in law used to be part owner of EE marina you probably know the Maffetts, so that drew us there. I graduated from TTU in '83.

I'll be asking many questions, thanks! So where is the best camping spots. Would like to be near boat/dock and overlooking lake.

Cloaked
01-02-2005, 10:58 PM
Sporty; We ride up to Burgess Falls every year, and maybe ski just north of the "big bridge" on 56 a little. My friends father in law used to be part owner of EE marina you probably know the Maffetts, so that drew us there. I graduated from TTU in '83.

I'll be asking many questions, thanks! So where is the best camping spots. Would like to be near boat/dock and overlooking lake.John Maffett out of the Murfreesborough area if I am not mistaken. I know John well. I am off to bed in a few, so please allow me to come back tomorrow night with due justice for info on CH. It's such a nice lake.

Ya' really had to be there about 30 years ago. Talk about tranquil....... I am a 78 undergrad from TTU and an 03 undergrad from Illinois State. Don't ask why... LOL

I'll get back to this thread tomorrow night and hopefully I'll have time to find you a few links as well. I lived there in Cookeville for 17 years, so CH is my home away from home....

Back soon.... Have a great coming week.... :toast:

Leroy
01-02-2005, 11:46 PM
Same for me, it would be Bill Maffett from Cookeville and his son lives there now, Brian. They do a lot of commercial design and building. I would like to get more info from you on CH and maybe share a John's or Bud's story or two!

jayderwin1
01-03-2005, 10:53 AM
my best friend is the manager at Four Courners Marina i go down there all the time. i ski behind a 86 prostar.

bcampbe7
01-03-2005, 03:21 PM
I am about 70 miles south of Nashville and ski/wakeboard on Tims Ford...

wpstevenson
01-03-2005, 04:43 PM
Leroy

My wife, as of next Saturday, keeps her boat at Huricane boat dock. She has a house on Eagle creek, I put my boat in at Huricane ramp. We ski at the ski course on the left before you get to Mine lick. We wakeboad and surf mostly in Mine lick creek. Close to hurican bridge hy 56. Let me know when you are going to be there.