PDA

View Full Version : ??How to upgrade ballast in XStar??

Ole Miss Rebels
11-18-2006, 12:26 PM
I hope someone can help me. I want to upgrade my factory ballast on my '05 Xstar. I would like to have the rear tanks overflow into a soft sack and then empty out through the factory system. I have a friend who disconnected his hard tanks and extended the plumbing into the rear hatches and simply added a soft bag in place of the hard tanks. I would like to keep the hard tanks operative but when they fill instead of overflowing out into the lake they would overflow into a soft bag inside the storage hatches. I would like to do the same thing in the bow of the boat. When the KGB fills it would overflow into two small sacks under each of the two bow seats. Can this be done? Is it difficult or is it so difficult and expensive that it is imparctical. I want to load my boat to pro-level category but i hate allof the time using "over the side" pumps. I want to use the three factory switches to fill and empty up to the level I wish. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. Hotty Toddy, Go Rebels, beat LSU.

ecelis
11-19-2006, 05:49 AM
Email bifh@mindspring.com and ask about the custom system for the X-Star. We have the sacks and the valve system and it works great.

I don't know if the 'overflow' system would work or not, the Fly-High system works with a valve that is set to tank or bag.