PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 3

pram
11-17-2006, 03:42 PM
What are people thinking when it comes to video game consoles????

Playstation 3 is selling on Ebay for 3750.00 US :eek: :eek:

Is this a case of people having more money than they know what to do with???

I don't get it. Stand inline for 2-3 days to buy a video game.......

dmayer84
11-17-2006, 03:44 PM
What are people thinking when it comes to video game consoles????

Playstation 3 is selling on Ebay for 3750.00 US :eek: :eek:

Is this a case of people having more money than they know what to do with???

I don't get it. Stand inline for 2-3 days to buy a video game.......

Saw it for $10,100 earlier definately should have taken a few days off to get one, get more stuff for the MC

Datdude
11-17-2006, 03:46 PM
There were 10+ people camped out at the local Walmart last night for the 4 PS3's the store was alloted. Makes sense to me:confused:

pram
11-17-2006, 03:49 PM
There were 10+ people camped out at the local Walmart last night for the 4 PS3's the store was alloted. Makes sense to me:confused:

10+ for 4 oh man do you think that the fifth guy beged the fourth all night to trade him spots:cool:

east tx skier
11-17-2006, 03:53 PM
I will buy one when I can do so for retail or less (got my PS2 as a refurb). I won't wait in line. I'll have more games from which to chose. And it'll give them a chance to work the bugs out.

The only reason to wait in line IMO is to flip it on ebay for big $$$$$.

Very happy GTA IV doesn't come out until next year so I'll have time to save up.

dmayer84
11-17-2006, 03:55 PM
Two guys that work with me took off yesterday to wait in line and today to play their new PS3s. Funny part is that neither of them got one.

H20skeefreek
11-17-2006, 03:55 PM
Playing video games is a waste of time, only second to surfing TT. People are idiots, especially people that shop at Walmart.

east tx skier
11-17-2006, 04:01 PM
Playing video games is a waste of time, only second to surfing TT. People are idiots, especially people that shop at Walmart.

I can't argue with a bit of that.

/enjoys playing video games
//surfs TT
///shops at WalMart on ocassion
////thinks people are idiots

H20skeefreek
11-17-2006, 04:16 PM
I should note that being an idiot is not a prerequisite for shopping at WallyWorld, but rather, it is a result.

east tx skier
11-17-2006, 04:18 PM
Well I guess that makes me an idiot. Have a nice Thanksgiving.

bcampbe7
11-17-2006, 04:22 PM

All this coming from a Boilermaker??? :D

H20skeefreek
11-17-2006, 04:36 PM
I've killed people for less than that.

east tx skier
11-17-2006, 04:40 PM
I've killed people for less than that.

Name calling. Homicide. What's become of this place. :confused:

rodltg2
11-17-2006, 04:48 PM
i hate going to walmart myself, but its sometimes easier to go to one place than many to get the same stuff. for example when you go camping. i can get food, camping supplies, boat stuff, cleaning stuff and some cheap clothes that i dont mind ruining. however i avoid the place as much as possible.

on the ps3 thing, i dont like video games, but i would like to get my hands on some of those. if i only new where the next truck full will be.

RexDog1
11-17-2006, 04:52 PM

I donít know, it has been a long week!!!!!!
Have a good weekend all:toast:

east tx skier
11-17-2006, 04:55 PM
Leaving for Mexico tomorrow for a week. Expecting an e-riot on here after the Michigan/OSU game. Have a happy Thanksgiving all.

blackbeauty02
11-17-2006, 05:54 PM
i think it's ridiculous that people can't wait another 2 weeks to get one. my bro works at best buy and says they will be getting shipments in every week. i was gonna wait in line the night before to hawk it on eBay but there were 30 people waiting 3 days before camped out in front of Best Buy....that is IDIOTIC. doing what Easty said and what I will be doing is INTELLIGENT. hell i'll wait 3 months to get one...even a year.

Archimedes
11-17-2006, 05:59 PM
i think it's ridiculous that people can't wait another 2 weeks to get one. my bro works at best buy and says they will be getting shipments in every week. i was gonna wait in line the night before to hawk it on eBay but there were 30 people waiting 3 days before camped out in front of Best Buy....that is IDIOTIC. doing what Easty said and what I will be doing is INTELLIGENT. hell i'll wait 3 months to get one...even a year.

It's not a matter of two weeks, it's a matter of this year. They're gonna be in short supply for a while and these lines are gonna pop up everytime a couple units come in. Sony's had production problems and the available units is going to be small for months. And remember, Christmas if only 6 weeks away...

blackbeauty02
11-17-2006, 07:22 PM
Saw it for $10,100 earlier definately should have taken a few days off to get one, get more stuff for the MC

where the hell did you see one going for $10k? I looked and the highest bid is not over $3k. average is about $2k

blackbeauty02
11-17-2006, 07:24 PM
It's not a matter of two weeks, it's a matter of this year. They're gonna be in short supply for a while and these lines are gonna pop up everytime a couple units come in. Sony's had production problems and the available units is going to be small for months. And remember, Christmas if only 6 weeks away...

i can guarantee i won't have any bratty @$$ kids that HAVE to HAVE it for Christmas. they'll get it as soon as the supply meets the demand. they can wait and learn some damn patience. for the price i'm thinking about getting a Wii. those look pretty freaking sweet.

TMCNo1
11-17-2006, 07:56 PM
2 weeks after Xmas you can probably find them at Flea Markets for $50! I'll wait till then and I will still talk myself out of getting one.

TX.X-30 fan
11-17-2006, 09:50 PM
:twocents: Sony should be ashamed for their reckless conduct regarding the releases of their gaming products. For gods sake its a GAME. (GET A LIFE).:twocents:

east tx skier
11-18-2006, 11:01 AM
where the hell did you see one going for $10k? I looked and the highest bid is not over $3k. average is about $2k

I saw some on ebay for that. I also noticed the high bidder was "Ihategreedypeople123" with zero feedback. Lots of these bid-ups were the same guy.

Workin' 4 Toys
11-18-2006, 12:13 PM
In the news yesterday...I believe it was Connecticut. Some guy got robbed and then shot standing in line waiting for one. I assume the robber knew the buyers would have a few hundred bucks to spend....

Also related... there was a manager of a store (I don't remember which) that decided he would release the units to the first 5 people to sit in some seats in the parking lot. So they let everyone line up, someone said GO and they were to RUN to the seats. 5 seats, 100 people in about 100 feet....You can probably picture what happened. It was UGLY!!! And some people got hurt..

Leroy
11-18-2006, 01:30 PM
It goes with the Playstation 3 theme!

I think everyone standing in line was flipping them, $500 and resell for 2-4k, not bad for couple days work.

milkmania
11-18-2006, 04:18 PM
In the news yesterday...I believe it was Connecticut. Some guy got robbed and then shot standing in line waiting for one. I assume the robber knew the buyers would have a few hundred bucks to spend....

Also related... there was a manager of a store (I don't remember which) that decided he would release the units to the first 5 people to sit in some seats in the parking lot. So they let everyone line up, someone said GO and they were to RUN to the seats. 5 seats, 100 people in about 100 feet....You can probably picture what happened. It was UGLY!!! And some people got hurt..
I'd have told the idiots there would be only one chair..... and the one that stays in it the longest wins!!!:woohoo:

Mikey
11-19-2006, 10:15 PM

Actually there was one on ebay the morning that they were released that the winning bid was $15,099:eek:

I am sickened by this PS3 crap. People were actually getting shot, assaulted, and mugged over these things. I would ask "What is wrong with our youth in this country but most of these people are adults. People need to grow up and get a life. Sorry for the rant but this makes me sick.

shepherd
11-19-2006, 10:57 PM
:popcorn: People can be so entertaining :popcorn:

SKI*MC
11-19-2006, 11:07 PM
Actually there was one on ebay the morning that they were released that the winning bid was $15,099:eek:

You know what the funny thing is, by the time he is done paying that thing off, PS4 will be coming out!

Mikey
11-20-2006, 10:19 AM
You know what the funny thing is, by the time he is done paying that thing off, PS4 will be coming out!

My guess is it was probably a celebrity or a pro sports player that spending 15K is like spending $50. Either way it is still insane.

boatless
11-20-2006, 10:24 AM
:purplaugh I am going to make me a lot of money !!! I have a big shipment of play station 3 coming from China. Any one wants one let me know. It only cost half of what you will pay for at Walmart.

boatless.

bcampbe7
11-20-2006, 10:28 AM
:purplaugh I am going to make me a lot of money !!! I have a big shipment of play station 3 coming from China. Any one wants one let me know. It only cost half of what you will pay for at Walmart.

boatless.

So that's why you had the question about how to get a shipping container from New York to you.... :D

I'll take 4. :D

dmayer84
11-20-2006, 10:32 AM

boatless.

I would take one or two

pq2
11-20-2006, 11:49 AM
i bought my x-box to because there was the wakeboard game. I have the wakeboard unleashed and the kelly slater surfing one and thats it.

dmayer84
11-20-2006, 11:50 AM
i bought my x-box to because there was the wakeboard game. I have the wakeboard unleashed and the kelly slater surfing one and thats it.

I was a bit upset that wakeboarding didnt work with the 360, at least my friend didnt upgrade so i can still play it on his.

kycat2007
11-20-2006, 01:03 PM
I looked this morning on EBAY and noticed alot of the auctions were coming to an end and lots of the the units were only $800-$1200. They looked like they did not have reserves on them so it looks like people may not be willing to pay these high amounts for a gaming unit. Looks like there may be a saturation point to all of this.

dog paw
11-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Check this out if it is still up

http://cgi.ebay.com/Playstation-3-PS3-60GB-Free-Overnight-Shipping-Blu-ray_W0QQitemZ150059269467QQihZ005QQcategoryZ62054Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Friday my service manager gets a call from his wife. She tells him someone handed there son $2000 bucks for his 4th place spot in the local Woollymart line. Needless to say he was no dummy and headed for his car with lunch money LOL!

I think the Ebay hacks are going on bidding wars against each other hehe. I know a lot of people use it but I would not by a pile of dog poop off ebay.......

dmayer84
11-28-2006, 03:34 PM
Any word on those ps3's?

SKI*MC
11-28-2006, 03:37 PM
a women my mom works with, her husben happened to see one at Wally world, sold on ebay for about 900, so they made about a 500 turn aro9und on it!

dmayer84
11-28-2006, 03:40 PM
A girl that I work with was offered 4k for her spot in line, and she turned it down.

bcampbe7
11-28-2006, 03:42 PM
A girl that I work with was offered 4k for her spot in line, and she turned it down.

She should have taken it...

dmayer84
11-28-2006, 03:43 PM
She should have taken it...

Yeah I know, its for her little brother who saw her on the front page of the paper waiting in line. She told him that she didnt get one that they ran out.