PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Pro Shop

H20skeefreek
11-17-2006, 07:57 AM
Hey, check out the proshop. It says that the new stuff is coming soon, but it's already there. I'm not sure what I think yet, most of it sucks, and I haven't even really looked at prices yet. If you click on the US open merchandise link, I think that stuff is all the new stuff becuase there isn't any US open stuff.

BriEOD
11-17-2006, 07:59 AM
I never got my renewal package for TMC...what gives?

H20skeefreek
11-17-2006, 08:01 AM
uhhhhh......sorry, send the money to me again and I'll forward it to the right people again.

BriEOD
11-17-2006, 08:11 AM
"Uhhhh....How about NO SCOTT"

east tx skier
11-17-2006, 10:02 AM
I never got my renewal package for TMC...what gives?

Still waiting on my first of two Star Magazines for this year. :mad:

LakePirate
11-17-2006, 10:14 AM
Hurry Guys Get your Long Sleeve Button Up MC Shirt before they are all gone. $68.00 Hello Brooks Brothers

Kyle's_prostar205
11-17-2006, 10:15 AM
That makes two of us!!!!

LakePirate
11-17-2006, 10:17 AM
Don't forget your Beanie

LakePirate
11-17-2006, 10:19 AM
Think you might have missed the mark on this year's apparel MC.

I am not cool enough to wear anything on the site.

Kyle's_prostar205
11-17-2006, 10:34 AM
What happened to the clothing and accessories that appealed to everybody. It seems that 90% of the stuff on there is geared toward the retro...X-Star owners and the younger generation. Call me old fashioned but I love my Prostar and would love to have a t-shirt or sweat shirt that represents that product line. :twocents: :friday:

Kyle's_prostar205
11-17-2006, 10:34 AM
What happened to the clothing and accessories that appealed to everybody. It seems that 90% of the stuff on there is geared toward the retro...X-Star owners and the younger generation. Call me old fashioned but I love my Prostar and would love to have a t-shirt or sweat shirt that represents that product line. :twocents: :friday:

east tx skier
11-17-2006, 10:47 AM
This is my favorite MC shirt. As it was not currently available from MC as far as I could tell, I had to buy it on ebay. It's simple. I don't need the bling. Like Lakey, I'm just not cool enough to pull some of the current offerings off.

Jeff Lyman
11-18-2006, 09:12 PM
I,m with you Tx sometimes simpler is better. very little on the site is designed for 40 plus old farts with Prostars. I bet we are a big portion of the owners though, just like the Harley owners average 52 years old.

BriEOD
11-18-2006, 10:00 PM
This is at least the 5-6th time I have read these comments from various people. I am really curious who MC hires to come up with this marketing and what their target is. We keep posting this over and over. You would think someone would get a clue. Most of that stuff in the shop is f-ugly.

H20skeefreek
11-18-2006, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I just really don't get it. Who buys a button up MC shirt? They need to check out the competition. They have the "fashionable" stuff to, but they also have some regular tshirts, some cool hats, and some cool accessories.

There are more poeple that have ski boats than wakeboard boats (ski boats since 1968, and the first wakeboard boat was 1995 at the earliest) There are a LOT of poeple who have MC's that wouldn't buy any of that crap.

I think it keeps getting worse each year. I mean come one a Fidel cap? Are we turning communist?

erkoehler
11-18-2006, 11:20 PM
Ok, sounds like I need to fire up the presses again :rolleyes:

Farmer Ted
11-18-2006, 11:31 PM
This is at least the 5-6th time I have read these comments from various people. I am really curious who MC hires to come up with this marketing and what their target is. We keep posting this over and over. You would think someone would get a clue. Most of that stuff in the shop is f-ugly.

I'm surprised someone in India doesn't answer the phone when you call to place an order.

Chief
11-18-2006, 11:57 PM
Hopefully someone from MC reads this stuff.

Whoever is in charge of deciding what's cool and not cool should be fired! How about a good selection of nice simple MC T-shirts with a small logo on the front pocket area and something nice on the back and on the sleeves for long sleeve shirts. Maybe a knit shirt with "Mastercraft" embroidered on the front. How about some nice khaki shorts with MC embroidered on the rear pocket.

It would seem that it is geared towards the young crowd, the sponsored one's. How many twenty somethings go out and buy 50 to 80 thousand dollar boats? I guess that is our job and MC appeals to the sponsored youth group for what's hip while we shore up the real aspect of buying boats.

erkoehler
11-19-2006, 12:15 AM

Whoever is in charge of deciding what's cool and not cool should be fired! How about a good selection of nice simple MC T-shirts with a small logo on the front pocket area and something nice on the back and on the sleeves for long sleeve shirts. Maybe a knit shirt with "Mastercraft" embroidered on the front. How about some nice khaki shorts with MC embroidered on the rear pocket.

It would seem that it is geared towards the young crowd, the sponsored one's. How many twenty somethings go out and buy 50 to 80 thousand dollar boats? I guess that is our job and MC appeals to the sponsored youth group for what's hip while we shore up the real aspect of buying boats.

Careful w/ that statement!;)

TX.X-30 fan
11-19-2006, 01:07 AM
Still waiting on my first of two Star Magazines for this year. :mad:

got my t-shirts & cooler, nothing else???:mad: :mad:

duckguy
11-19-2006, 01:33 AM
Im 25 with a 70k boat and I dont like most of the stuff in the pro shop. Crosby we have the same boat

bigmac
11-19-2006, 05:46 AM
MasterCraft has a serious problem in their marketing department - no doubt a key reason they are not number one in tow boat sales. This problem has extended down to owner services and marketing. This site has had several threads from various MasterCraft functionaries about new web site services, new merchandising, more attention to Team MasterCraft, etc etc etc.

Nada. Zip. Nothin'

Remember the beach towel thread?

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=6955

and the towel we finally got?

http://www.ptxsecure.com/mcpro/images/tmc_towel_l.jpg

Anyway, read the thread above, then read this one...

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=11166

I'm pretty confident that reasonable merchandising and attention to Team MasterCraft are just things that aren't going to happen. Everybody knows that if you make the best and most expensive tow boats in the world, you don't need to pay attention to those other things.

BriEOD
11-19-2006, 07:50 AM
True Mac, true. However, sometimes it is the little things that count.

I'm floored no one at MC reads this. You post a pic of a swimsuit and they are all over it. Alternatively, you post some feedback and it falls on deaf ears.

TMCNo1
11-19-2006, 08:10 AM
I,m with you Tx sometimes simpler is better. very little on the site is designed for 40 plus old farts with Prostars. I bet we are a big portion of the owners though, just like the Harley owners average 52 years old.

Agreed!!!!!!! Us old koots with ProStars, just....carry....it....to.....a, Ho.........................Nubbbbbba.............. ..........Lebbbbbel!

TMCNo1
11-19-2006, 08:11 AM
Slow this morning, dbl post!

TMCNo1
11-19-2006, 08:34 AM
This is my favorite MC shirt. As it was not currently available from MC as far as I could tell, I had to buy it on ebay. It's simple. I don't need the bling. Like Lakey, I'm just not cool enough to pull some of the current offerings off.

Does anyone see a resembleance here? Doug, it would make a great new avatar for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chief
11-19-2006, 08:58 AM
Im 25 with a 70k boat and I dont like most of the stuff in the pro shop. Crosby we have the same boat

Cool, good to hear that. When I was 25 I had to settle for the 10K model. Then again defending freedom and democracy does not pay that well until you are about to retire. :)

You have good taste in boats.

Chief
11-19-2006, 09:03 AM
Careful w/ that statement!;)

No offense to the young guys that can buy these toys and clothing style for the twenty sometings meant! Maybe a poll on the demographics of age group who takes the big plunge?

stuie
11-19-2006, 09:17 AM
I am a new MC owner and was thinking of joining the TMC for $35....is it worth it? After reading post about the new clothing line and the FREE beach towel I'm not sure if it's worth it??
Thoughts on this please

Stuart

Workin' 4 Toys
11-19-2006, 09:32 AM
When I signed up, I paid...... Although I received t-shirts, stickers, & hitch cover.....
I don't know about the golf bag towel....

bigmac
11-19-2006, 09:41 AM
I am a new MC owner and was thinking of joining the TMC for $35....is it worth it? After reading post about the new clothing line and the FREE beach towel I'm not sure if it's worth it??
Thoughts on this please

Stuart

I'd start by going to http://www.jointmc.com/ and reviewing the membership freebies and see if you think a day cooler, a T-shirt, and a beach towel are worth $35 to you. If so, go for it. The other "member benefits" are pretty hit-or-miss AFAIK. I've been a member 10 months (came free with my boat purchase, alkthough it took a lot of email finagling to execute that membership), but I've never received a Star Magazine, never received an E-news bulletin, have never received an offer from a MasterCraft partner (whoever they are), and have no interest in the MasterCraft reunions (which have never been held within 1000 miles from here). I do get a discount on Pro Shop merchandise, I think, but I've never seen anything there I wanted to own. I did buy the beach towel, but that was a disappointment, especially for $20.

Just my experience, others may feel differently. I see no reason to renew mine when it comes up in January.

mitch
11-20-2006, 09:44 PM
I'm not even gonna check the proshop, cause I'm sure it's the same overpriced crap. I miss the good hats they had ;( used to own many, sadly have not worn one in a long time, Redsox and Titleist these days for me, they have nothing that appeals to me.

I cancelled TeamMC a few years ago too. Was temped to re-join when I saw the towel, but it looked weak so I resisted...still love their boats though ;)

erkoehler
11-20-2006, 09:52 PM
Mitch, PM at you :)

bigmac
11-20-2006, 10:01 PM
I cancelled TeamMC a few years ago too. Was temped to re-join when I saw the towel, but it looked weak so I resisted...still love their boats though ;)

Resistance was futile for me - I bought one.

It was weak.

Diesel
11-21-2006, 09:38 AM
Thoughts on this please

Stuart

Do you like gambling? If so join up.............you might get your stuff you might not. :mad:

DemolitionMan
11-22-2006, 05:56 PM
Ive have told Master Craft this idea I had about if MC dealers had shirts like the Harley dealers had it would help out a lot, and maybe it would make people stop into dealers when they are traveling.

rodltg2
11-22-2006, 06:00 PM

:D thats for sure....:D

CottagerGreg
11-23-2006, 09:16 PM
Lets not comment on my free towel, t-shirt and cooler.... sure it's a $35 value.... get the bill from UPS for brokage and handling because I am in Canada and it's $39.99!!! Can you believe that!!

as for the comment...

"It would seem that it is geared towards the young crowd, the sponsored one's. How many twenty somethings go out and buy 50 to 80 thousand dollar boats? I guess that is our job and MC appeals to the sponsored youth group for what's hip while we shore up the real aspect of buying boats"

I am 25 year old working my butt off to enjoy the finer things in life... got myself a 06 X1 and love it..

sure I Finished up my schooling and got myself a nice job... but doesn't everyone want to strive to goals?

I agree on the clothing.... nothing really appealing.. thinking a hat... looks ok...

dmayer84
11-23-2006, 09:54 PM
Lets not comment on my free towel, t-shirt and cooler.... sure it's a $35 value.... get the bill from UPS for brokage and handling because I am in Canada and it's $39.99!!! Can you believe that!!

as for the comment...

"It would seem that it is geared towards the young crowd, the sponsored one's. How many twenty somethings go out and buy 50 to 80 thousand dollar boats? I guess that is our job and MC appeals to the sponsored youth group for what's hip while we shore up the real aspect of buying boats"

I am 25 year old working my butt off to enjoy the finer things in life... got myself a 06 X1 and love it..

sure I Finished up my schooling and got myself a nice job... but doesn't everyone want to strive to goals?

I agree on the clothing.... nothing really appealing.. thinking a hat... looks ok...

Have to agree with you on all of that I'm 22 and the first thing I did as soon as I got hired at my first job was to get an MC. Gotta have the priorities right. Most of the things in the proshop I wouldn't get either, possibly the sweatshirt and a hat.

Bobbyk
11-25-2006, 01:01 AM

I bet there are quite a few of us on here in our twentys. Sadly I will soon be 30 but this is the second brand new mastercraft I have bought in 3 years.

06' X-2 R8R H8R
11-25-2006, 01:22 AM
You would have had 3 but I got the other one. My first (other was a Reinell) and I throughly enjoy every minute on it. All boats arent created equal. For everthing else there is MASTERCRAFT.

06' X-2 R8R H8R
11-25-2006, 01:25 AM
Sorry to post twice, but some of us are late bloomers and in our 40's.

6ballsisall
11-25-2006, 08:13 AM
I bet there are quite a few of us on here in our twentys. Sadly I will soon be 30 but this is the second brand new mastercraft I have bought in 3 years.

I am 27, soon to be 28. Had 3 MC's on my own so far. Nothing as fancy as a brand new maristar or Xstar though.

That said, the apparel is pretty dissapointing. Most of it I would never wear...........That stuff doesn't do MC any good sitting on the shelves........:rolleyes:

atlfootr
11-25-2006, 09:22 AM
I'm floored no one at MC reads this.
You post a pic of a swimsuit and they are all over it.
Alternatively, you post some feedback and it falls on deaf ears.I couldn't of said, it any better :popcorn:

Chief
11-25-2006, 09:39 AM

Ya hit a homerun with your last purchase! It would appear that I offended some of the younger guys with new MC's and I did not mean for it to be taken that way, but after reading my post again I can see where it would be taken that way. Sorry to my young brothers! :)

tex
11-25-2006, 10:30 AM
It's been so long since I received a copy of Star that I forgot it was still in print. I too am disappointed but would have to say at 42, I can still pull off those shirts.

X-2
11-25-2006, 11:33 AM
I like the MC black T-Shirt....The Sweatshirt is nice, but at $89.00, I think that I will pass. $50.00-$60.00 would be high, but reasonable. Maybe the Sweatshirt is extra heavy & very well made, I dunno. They don't say much on their website. Basically here is a sweatshirt, here is the price, take it or leave it.
I have just purchased my second MC & have never gotten any Star magazine or 1 year memberships. Was I suppose to fill something out & send it in when I purchased my boat? It would be really nice to have a magazine to look at once in a while.
Maybe they put most of their efforts into boats & don't have time for the Star magazine & pro Shop items....On the same hand, I bet Harley Davidson has been hugely successful with their clothing & accessory line. Harley probably makes as much or more money on the "Extra stuff & gear" as they do on the bikes....they don't mess around.
MasterCraft could take notes.....

Smitty
11-26-2006, 12:24 PM
I think that MasterCraft should take a quick look at what some of the other water craft manufacturers are offering. For such high end products, they should offer a wider variety of items outside of appearal. Take a quick look at Chris Craft and you'll see what I mean:
http://www.chriscraftboats.com/store.aspx

6ballsisall
11-26-2006, 03:48 PM
I think that MasterCraft should take a quick look at what some of the other water craft manufacturers are offering. For such high end products, they should offer a wider variety of items outside of appearal. Take a quick look at Chris Craft and you'll see what I mean:
http://www.chriscraftboats.com/store.aspx

Wow!! Those guys get some nice stuff!!! Makes you want and go buy a Chris Craft eh??? :rolleyes:

ski_king
11-26-2006, 04:03 PM
I am not impressed with the Pro Shop either.

I just tried to renew my membership in Team MasterCraft. After seeing the teatowel and cooler (that I already have 2 of from previous years) add to it I havent seen a Star Magazine in a while, I think I may pass. I have been a member for many years, but I hoped for more than a t-shirt.

bigmac
11-26-2006, 04:45 PM
MasterCraft has a serious problem in their marketing department - no doubt a key reason they are not number one in tow boat sales. This problem has extended down to owner services and marketing. This site has had several threads from various MasterCraft functionaries about new web site services, new merchandising, more attention to Team MasterCraft, etc etc etc.

Nada. Zip. Nothin'

Remember the beach towel thread?

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=6955

and the towel we finally got?

http://www.ptxsecure.com/mcpro/images/tmc_towel_l.jpg

Anyway, read the thread above, then read this one...

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=11166

I'm pretty confident that reasonable merchandising and attention to Team MasterCraft are just things that aren't going to happen. Everybody knows that if you make the best and most expensive tow boats in the world, you don't need to pay attention to those other things.
True Mac, true. However, sometimes it is the little things that count.

I forgot the sarcastic smiliey in my original post...

I think MasterCraft's inattention to Team MasterCraft and their inability to grasp merchandising are indicative of a focus on manufacturing and worrisome loss of focus on marketing.

We should all be concerned - marketing is an important part of any viable manufacturing company, and it's more than just staffing out a pretty brochure, having someone write a nice web site, and show up at a few boat shows.

Malibu builds a good boat, but marketing is how they got to be number one in sales, not superior quality.

shepherd
03-08-2007, 01:52 AM
Ummmm, I remember this thread and have since been reluctant to buy anything from the pro shop. But... I wanted a pair of those nifty trailer boat guide covers. Can anyone tell me how long I can expect to wait before they arrive? Before this summer? I went back tonight to check status and it told me "no tracking information available for this shipment." :mad:

Also, I wanted to buy a new Team Mastercraft membership (I let my old one expire years ago),but gave up after they kicked me out of the system twice.

What was I thinking?

erkoehler
03-08-2007, 02:34 AM
The majority of the boats that come into our shop get free guide pole covers....They say Chicago MasterCraft, but they look good :)

Try calling your local dealer for some covers....

TMCNo1
03-08-2007, 06:17 AM
Ummmm, I remember this thread and have since been reluctant to buy anything from the pro shop. But... I wanted a pair of those nifty trailer boat guide covers. Can anyone tell me how long I can expect to wait before they arrive? Before this summer? I went back tonight to check status and it told me "no tracking information available for this shipment." :mad:

Also, I wanted to buy a new Team Mastercraft membership (I let my old one expire years ago),but gave up after they kicked me out of the system twice.

What was I thinking?

Call 1-877-4MC-STUF and talk to Katie, she will get everything straightened out for you.

bbeach
03-08-2007, 07:47 AM
I'd love to just have a simple nice polo with the Prostar logo on the chest pocket... I agree most of thier apparel is way off base... And this is coming from a 28 year old...

TX.X-30 fan
03-08-2007, 09:31 AM
The majority of the boats that come into our shop get free guide pole covers....They say Chicago MasterCraft, but they look good :)

Those darn things leave white streaks up and down the rub rail. :mad: ;) :rolleyes:

erkoehler
03-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Those darn things leave white streaks up and down the rub rail. :mad: ;) :rolleyes:

I've definetly loaded/unloaded my 197 w/ the guide pole covers at least 20 times and have yet to have that issue.

milkmania
03-08-2007, 10:10 AM

if you have RED, I'll buy a pair + shipping:twocents:

milkmania
03-08-2007, 10:12 AM
I'd love to just have a simple nice polo with the Prostar logo on the chest pocket... I agree most of thier apparel is way off base... And this is coming from a 28 year old...

http://www.milkmania.info/snap.jpg
now I'm really wondering who the intended market is:confused: