PDA

View Full Version : Wood Grain Dash and Swim Platform

454Barefoot
11-16-2006, 07:34 PM
Was wondering what the best solution is for a faded Wood Grain Dash (if its possible to sand and restain or just buy new pieces). And for the Teak Wood Platfrom that is discolored and wore what is the proper procedure to redo that. Thanks for any help this board has really been helpful.

trickskier
11-16-2006, 07:57 PM
Can't help you with the wood grain dash, mine was powder coated aluminum. To clean the teak platform get some Starbrite teak cleaner and follow the instructions. You can also wet sand with 600 paper. Then use Teak oil to finish up. I'm sure TMC#1 will be along and give you some advice as well. He's the expert on teak platforms.

TMCNo1
11-16-2006, 08:10 PM
Can't help you with the wood grain dash, mine was powder coated aluminum. To clean the teak platform get some Starbrite teak cleaner and follow the instructions. You can also wet sand with 600 paper. Then use Teak oil to finish up. I'm sure TMC#1 will be along and give you some advice as well. He's the expert on teak platforms.

Inside "Frequently Axed Questions", top of threads, under "General Discussion" forum. Just like a cheap room at Motel6, it's always there!

east tx skier
11-16-2006, 09:02 PM
Is the wood on the dash real wood or a decal? If the latter, check out Stripeman (http://www.stripeman.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=WGD). I ordered a bunch of the 3M woodgrain decal from them for my old jeep.

DemolitionMan
11-17-2006, 11:13 AM
I'm sure that it is a decal thats why I removed mine and painted it the same color as the boat.

mcassell
04-14-2009, 02:52 PM
I have a 1999 Sammy Duval Special Edition, dash has "wood grain" panel inserts around switch plates and gauges, have faded, cracked.

Anybody have/know where to buy replacements ?

flipper
04-14-2009, 03:12 PM
I have a 1999 Sammy Duval Special Edition, dash has "wood grain" panel inserts around switch plates and gauges, have faded, cracked.

Anybody have/know where to buy replacements ?

Tap Plastics may have that type of stuff that you could make your own out of.

coz
04-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Just like a cheap room at Motel6, it's always there!

Is this your little secret?......................or does Lynn know about this too?......:confused:.....I wont say anything ;) :banana:

skeeler
04-14-2009, 08:08 PM
Use this stuff for the dash piece: http://metrodecals.com/store/html/Products/Wood-Grain-Vinyl-10/index.html
I used the "carbon fiber" vinyl on my glove box monitor install. The stuff is awesome!! Literally when heated, forms to the surface. A dream to work with, and will last forever. Hope that helps!

Dball
04-15-2009, 01:42 PM
SWEET! thanks for the link skeeler

skeeler
04-15-2009, 01:47 PM
No worries!