PDA

View Full Version : Docking Lights

Chief
11-16-2006, 06:58 PM
Has anyone mounted docking lights on/in their MC? I would really like to find some type of pop-up or flush mount docking light that would fit on the pickle forks of a Maristar/X2. I'm not really crazy about adding lights to the tower since the only time you can legally use this is for docking but I think that would be a nice addition and something you would not see everyday.

rstitson
11-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Pardon, but why do you say it is illegal to add the lights to the tower, one of the options I had when ordering was forward spot lites and backfacing spot lights. Or did I misunderstand??

Chief
11-17-2006, 11:42 AM
The lights on the tower are legal, can not be legally used for navigation or skiing after dusk/dark. Sorry for the confusion. Now they are great docking.

atlfootr
03-11-2007, 09:18 AM
I've never seem to have a problem dock'n at night anymore, since I added a motion sensor light above my boatlift.

bigmac
03-11-2007, 09:51 AM
I've never seem to have a problem dock'n at night anymore, since I added a motion sensor light above my boatlift.I agree that makes more sense than lights on the boat. My lift motor has a remote light switch on it, so I can turn on the dock lights and under-canopy lights from about 400 feet away.

As to tower lights, they work really well for skiing or foiling during that last 15 minutes of the hour after sunset that we can ski here.

Jerseydave
03-11-2007, 09:56 AM
I like my tower lights on my X-star..........can't wait to try them out.

I had lights in my tower speakers on my Maristar, they were awesome for docking. More light than you would ever need!

I'd be reluctant to drill holes near the bow of my boat, but that's just me. :D

pflcjl
03-11-2007, 10:09 AM
If you have 4 tower lights mounted close together; which pair should face foward. The inner two or the outer two or every other one?? Any opinions?

Also on the bimini cover boot. Which way do you have the mastercraft logo face. Forward or aft?

erkoehler
03-11-2007, 10:13 AM
The MasterCraft on the bimini should face forward.

When we add tower lights, we put forward facing lights on the tower in the center and rear facing lights to the outside. For 2007, this doesn't matter since the rear pod is mounted to the center rear of the tower, and the lights are in the speakers for the most part.

pflcjl
03-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the info.....All four of my lights face rear now.....Is it hard to switch two of them to forward facing?

dapicatti
03-11-2007, 05:42 PM
I like my tower lights on my X-star..........can't wait to try them out.

I had lights in my tower speakers on my Maristar, they were awesome for docking. More light than you would ever need!

I'd be reluctant to drill holes near the bow of my boat, but that's just me. :D
You will love your tower lights. I am with you on the drilling.....can't do it.

ctkiteboarding
03-11-2007, 06:40 PM
2 forward and 4 back on different switchs ,,

lite is a good thing:)

kazzapped
03-11-2007, 07:54 PM
what is skiing/wakeboarding at night like with the lights?
ive always been curious about it, id think you'd be blinded by them.
i know its illegal but obviously some people do it / done it.

erkoehler
03-11-2007, 07:57 PM
We've surfed at night w/ the lights, but never ski'd or boarded.

bigmac
03-11-2007, 08:02 PM
what is skiing/wakeboarding at night like with the lights?
ive always been curious about it, id think you'd be blinded by them.
i know its illegal but obviously some people do it / done it.It's legal here to ski until an hour after sunset. Don't know about slalom, but hydrofoiling under the lights is a blast.

grantroberts
06-15-2007, 10:26 AM
The water is definitely at its glassiest right before and after dark. I'd say its easier to see a skier/boarder from the driver's seat with the lights OFF. And they can be pretty blinding to the skier as well. About the only thing mine have been useful for is cleaning the boat after trailering.

P-hat_in_Cincy
06-15-2007, 10:59 AM
We've surfed at night w/ the lights, but never ski'd or boarded.

We did the same with our former '02 X10. Hated the forward facing lights when doing it. They reflected of the bow and destroyed my natural night vision. We ended up throwing towels over them (forward facing lights). They were good for docking, but I'd prefer the forward facing lights be on a separate switch from the rear facing lights.

tex
06-15-2007, 11:27 AM
I just have the forward facing ones. I can't see anything when they are on due to them shining down into the boat. I put my bimini up and they rock!