PDA

View Full Version : How to add Pictures

Hooterz
11-16-2006, 02:46 AM
How do you go about adding pictures to your post, do they have to be in jpeg or bmp format? I do not want to have to add a web link to view picture.

Do they have to be a resized?

Thanks for the help....

Leroy
11-16-2006, 07:27 AM
Nice boat and welcome.

In the FAQ section, you do need to resize to 700x900 I think and JPEG works best.

What Are Attachments?The administrator may allow you to use the attachment feature of this forum, which gives you the ability to attach files of certain types to your posts. This could be an image, a text document, a zip file etc. There will be a limit to the file size of any attachments you make.
To attach a file to a new post, simply click the [Manage Attachments] button at the bottom of the post composition page, and locate the file that you want to attach from your local hard drive.
Only certain types of files may be attached: these are the valid file extensions for files to be attached to this forum: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg mov pdf png psd rar txt xls zip.
After posting, the image attachments may display a thumbnail, depending on the forum settings. To view the contents of the attachment (if it is not already displayed) simply click the filename link that appears next to the attachment icon.

bigmac
11-16-2006, 07:38 AM
You have to resize you images to the physical size limits and the file size limits shown in the "Manage Attachments" window for each file type. JPEG works best. Note that job 1 toward keeping the image viewable is to change the resolution of your image. 72 pixels per inch is the usual resolution. After you change your images resolution, you have to change the height and width in pixels to fit the limits, then make sure the file size is under the limit. Then you can attach it from your computer. Note that there is a limit to the number of images you can attach, and that only one attachment will show up in-line. More than one and it will show up as a link.

Waterski-Marcoisland
12-01-2006, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the help also

JKTX21
12-01-2006, 05:32 PM
I use photobucket. It's easy technology for a person like me.

TMCNo1
12-01-2006, 06:28 PM
I usually resize my pictures with a pair of scissors!

bcboy
05-06-2011, 12:49 AM
Bump for Scott and anyone else who needs it.

Scott
05-06-2011, 12:54 AM
thanks, im still trying!!

Bump for Scott and anyone else who needs it.

Scott
05-06-2011, 01:01 AM
How do i resize picture?

bcboy
05-06-2011, 01:06 AM
Not sure...I was lucky and did not have to.

FrankSchwab
05-06-2011, 02:52 AM
Almost any image program will allow you to resize the image. I use an ancient program called Irfanview, but even Microsoft Paint that comes with Windows (at least, the one on Windows 7 - I don't remember if the XP version of Paint would). Paint.net (http://www.getpaint.net/) is a reasonably painless editor that should be able to do it, as is Picasa (http://picasa.google.com/) or Windows Live Photo Gallery (http://explore.live.com/windows-live-photo-gallery?os=other).

Just yesterday, I uploaded a couple of 1024x768 images, and the forum automatically resized them to fit. Perhaps you don't need to resize them yourself anymore?

/frank

Scott
05-06-2011, 05:32 AM
i am using windows photo viewer. not sure what i'm doing wrong, but its past frustrating, at this point!!

89BigBlock
05-06-2011, 08:09 AM
You should be able to right click on any of your "my pics" and your sub program/s should take you to the next step.

-V-
04-15-2012, 06:47 PM
how do I put words around pictures? or in between images?

CantRepeat
04-15-2012, 06:57 PM

They only way to do that is by uploading your photos to some server/hosting site and using the image tag. You wont be able to do it if you just add them as attachments.

-V-
04-15-2012, 07:03 PM
thanks......thought it would be too easy

Cloaked
04-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Place your text as you want it in the post. Upload your attachment(s) with the management attachment feature below (typical procedure to upload a pic). At this time, place the cursor at the point of text (above or below) where you want the attachment, use the paperclip attachment (above in the message toolbar) to place that photo at the place where you have used the cursor to insert the pic.

Example:

Type text here such as "-V- got banned from DS"

Place cursor here X for pic below the text

Using the paperclip in the message toolbar use the dropdown tab and select the picture that you want below the text that you typed, "-V- got banned from DS"

Type more text here such as "-V- didn't log in for more than 30 days so the auto feature placed him in another user group, he wasn't really banned."

Using the paperclip in the message toolbar use the dropdown tab and select the picture that you want below the text that you typed,"-V- didn't log in for more than 30 days so the auto feature placed him in another user group, he wasn't really banned."

Using this method, you can place the attachments within the text lines that you want. Done deal.

SkiDog
04-15-2012, 07:39 PM
Place your text as you want it in the post. Upload your attachment(s) with the management attachment feature below (typical procedure to upload a pic). At this time, place the cursor at the point of text (above or below) where you want the attachment, use the paperclip attachment (above in the message toolbar) to place that photo at the place where you have used the cursor to insert the pic.

Example:

Type text here such as "-V- got banned from DS"

Using the paperclip in the message toolbar use the dropdown tab and select the picture that you want below the text that you typed, "-V- got banned from DS"

Type more text here such as "-V- didn't log in for more than 30 days so the auto feature placed him in another user group, he wasn't really banned."

Using the paperclip in the message toolbar use the dropdown tab and select the picture that you want below the text that you typed,"-V- didn't log in for more than 30 days so the auto feature placed him in another user group, he wasn't really banned."

Using this method, you can place the attachments within the text lines that you want. Done deal.

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

-V-
04-15-2012, 07:43 PM
aw man, now everyone knows :D

Cloaked
04-15-2012, 07:46 PM
aw man, now everyone knows :D
Read the fine print in the next line under Dog's bold fresh red gig on you... .... That's the key... Operator error.. :D

"-V- didn't log in for more than 30 days so the auto feature placed him in another user group, he wasn't really banned."

Dog, I thought we talked about you stirring up $hit with posting trivial BS to continue enabling the disabled to remain as such... :D :D

SkiDog
04-15-2012, 08:02 PM
Read the fine print in the next line under Dog's bold fresh red gig on you... .... That's the key... Operator error.. :D

"-V- didn't log in for more than 30 days so the auto feature placed him in another user group, he wasn't really banned."

Dog, I thought we talked about you stirring up $hit with posting trivial BS to continue enabling the disabled to remain as such... :D :D

You talked, I didn't listen!:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

-V-
04-15-2012, 08:16 PM
every board needs someone to stir the pot...:D