PDA

View Full Version : Worlds Largest Machine

dmayer84
11-15-2006, 10:09 PM
In Sweeden the worlds largest machine is currently being built, a particle accelerator. Scientists want to use it to see how the universe was formed while others are worried that it could create a black hole.

SKI*MC
11-15-2006, 11:13 PM
this is how sci fi movies start. And the moral of the story is always
DON'T PLAY GOD!

88 PS190
11-15-2006, 11:20 PM
ya, its huge, we have the one at fermi lab, but this one makes it look like a wedding ring.

Think Dan Brown's angels and demons... which is like da vinci's code w/ a science theme, to the T.

victorff
11-15-2006, 11:22 PM
I saw that movie. It was called Event Horizon.

Jesus_Freak
11-15-2006, 11:28 PM
DON'T PLAY GOD!

Never works, does it...

Workin' 4 Toys
11-16-2006, 08:34 AM
It's Sweden......;)

What is "it" suppose to do? Anything like the movie "The core"?

Ric
11-16-2006, 08:36 AM
In Sweeden the worlds largest machine is currently being built, a particle accelerator. Scientists want to use it to see how the universe was formed while others are worried that it could create a black hole. so a couple a sweede's got together and said "what's the worst that could happen?"

Davo
11-16-2006, 08:45 AM
Speaking of large machines....check out this extra heavy duty chop saw... :D

TMCNo1
11-16-2006, 09:02 AM
Speaking of large machines....check out this extra heavy duty chop saw... :D

Chop Saw or Rotary Shovel? It must have been a load of tough 2x4's!

#47of100TeamMC
11-16-2006, 09:45 AM
In Sweeden the worlds largest machine is currently being built, a particle accelerator. Scientists want to use it to see how the universe was formed while others are worried that it could create a black hole.

Sounds like a good use of 5 Billion dollars doesn't it!... and all to figure out how something that never even happend, Happened? OK, I guess I dont' want to start a discussion of where we came from. too many people to potentially offend.

was an interesting episode on the discovery channel though I must admit, I mean, how huge was that operation...

Ric
11-16-2006, 09:49 AM
Sounds like a good use of 5 Billion dollars doesn't it!... and all to figure out how something that never even happend, Happened? OK, I guess I dont' want to start a discussion of where we came from. too many people to potentially offend.

was an interesting episode on the discovery channel though I must admit, I mean, how huge was that operation... didn't we have one of those going in around dallas, but never finished it?