PDA

View Full Version : Gig I did this week

herringtech
11-15-2006, 08:51 PM
Here are some shots from the gig I helped produce this week. It was the Martin Luther King Memorial, Ceremonial ground breaking. It was pretty cool, got to meet 2 presidents George W. Bush, and Bill Clinton. as well as many other famous people. My partner and I handled the logistics at the site on the mall.

Pretty fun, enjoy.

herringtech
11-15-2006, 08:52 PM
Another good one of the presidents

herringtech
11-15-2006, 08:52 PM
Oprah Winfrey

herringtech
11-15-2006, 08:54 PM
Amazing lady

Mag_Red
11-15-2006, 08:55 PM
Cool pics! Exactly what do you do?????

herringtech
11-15-2006, 08:55 PM
and Diane Sawyer

herringtech
11-15-2006, 08:56 PM
With their custom made 50 cal's

herringtech
11-15-2006, 08:57 PM
4 leg Secret Service Agent, right before the site sweep @5am

herringtech
11-15-2006, 08:58 PM
I have to give him the credit on this show. He did almost all the front work, I just helped onsite.

herringtech
11-15-2006, 09:01 PM
Mag, were Technical Directors. We handle logistics for large scale shows. Mostly corporate meetings, trade shows, and special events. We take care of everything from the tents to the lighting, sound, video and labor. Art (my partner) on this job had to interface with Secret Service, Park Police, National Park Service, and the porta potty guys. It was a huge project for him, and it went off great. I will post some pictures from other jobs we do.

H20skeefreek
11-15-2006, 09:09 PM
Secret Service, Park Police, National Park Service, and the porta potty guys.

lol, it's funny that you mentioned this part. The guys that protect our President, the guys that protect our Parks, the guys that take care of our many beautiful national parks, oh and the crapper guys.

herringtech
11-15-2006, 09:10 PM
We also do smaller meetings too, from medical teleconfrences to training meetings.

herringtech
11-15-2006, 09:16 PM
Part of the job, we have to deal with the cool guys and the crappers :)

TX.X-30 fan
11-15-2006, 10:18 PM
Great shots, few to many Dems for my taste.:eek: :eek:

LakePirate
11-15-2006, 11:01 PM
Great shots, few to many Dems for my taste.:eek: :eek:

You guys need to give it a break.

Not pointed at you in particular there TX, but to the board as a whole. Not to go on a Gene like rant here, but if this is a Red board then that is fine, I can accept that and move on. However, I don't believe that it is. Now don't take this the wrong way I am no dyed in the wool Democrat nor am I a card carrying Republican. It just appalls me that people spout their political views like this and think it is cute. You believe whatever you want to believe in the privacy of your own home, I don't care. Just don't assume that everyone in the world believes the same things you do.

2 rules on how to keep friends

1) Don't talk about politics
2) Don't talk about religion

milkmania
11-15-2006, 11:22 PM

Not pointed at you in particular there TX, but to the board as a whole. Not to go on a Gene like rant here, but if this is a Red board then that is fine, I can accept that and move on. However, I don't believe that it is. Now don't take this the wrong way I am no dyed in the wool Democrat nor am I a card carrying Republican. It just appalls me that people spout their political views like this and think it is cute. You believe whatever you want to believe in the privacy of your own home, I don't care. Just don't assume that everyone in the world believes the same things you do.

3) don't mess around with his wife

herringtech
11-15-2006, 11:41 PM
Well said Milk.

I'm a republican, but I had no problem grabbing Clinton by the arm and saying "Mr. President, you need to get on stage now". He is a brilliant man, not my favorite president, but a very smart man none the less. He came off the stage and quoted Thomas Jefferson.

Pretty funny quote too "If I only had more time I could make shorter speeches"

H20skeefreek
11-15-2006, 11:42 PM
I've found that the best way to keep a friend is to talk about religion.

Leroy
11-15-2006, 11:50 PM
WOW, this is neat Herringtech! I'm afraid to even ask a question...

Farmer Ted
11-16-2006, 12:31 AM
Pretty good opportunity for a grip-n-grin, I would have axed him if he had any RMO

Jesus_Freak
11-16-2006, 12:32 AM
I've found that the best way to keep a friend is to talk about religion.

Well said.

jimmer2880
11-16-2006, 06:58 AM
I have a buddy of mine in your business. I tell you - that is one tough career. Not to be done if you can't handle a LOT of stress. :worthy:

Ric
11-16-2006, 05:21 PM

ok maybe we need a complete third rail thread... Somebody open a politics and religion thread..
First one to post in it is a rotten egg. nobody touch it. anytime somebody mentions third rail criteria we are all free to send them to the poli-religion thread. How bout that

(for the record I am no clinton fan (surprise!!!) but I bet I could not hang with him in a party atmosphere!)

Oh and Herring, that looks like a damn cool job to have!

SkiDog
11-16-2006, 06:59 PM
ok maybe we need a complete third rail thread... Somebody open a politics and religion thread..
First one to post in it is a rotten egg. nobody touch it. anytime somebody mentions third rail criteria we are all free to send them to the poli-religion thread. How bout that

(for the record I am no clinton fan (surprise!!!) but I bet I could not hang with him in a party atmosphere!)

Oh and Herring, that looks like a damn cool job to have!

My brother had dinner with ole Bill a few years ago (while he was Pres.)And told me the same thing. He would be great to party with!

sand2snow22
11-16-2006, 07:28 PM
I might have missed the post, but did anybody catch something funny in the first picture?

atlfootr
11-16-2006, 07:48 PM
My brother had dinner with ole Bill a few years ago (while he was Pres.)
And told me the same thing. He would be great to party with!Wonder if Monica, would agree :rolleyes:

herringtech
11-17-2006, 05:06 PM
I was wondering if anyone would catch that sand2snow22. Bill has the Red tie on and George has the Blue. How ironic was that.

herringtech
11-17-2006, 05:06 PM
Not to mention religion, but I used to work at a big church in Chicago who's senior pastor was one of Bill's spritual advisors [alot of good that did :)]. He would say that the worst thing an enemy of Bill Clinton could do would be to spend an hour alone with him. You would leave his best friend.

Wether you like him or not, he does have carisma.

H20skeefreek
11-17-2006, 05:13 PM
That is funny since I heard Willy was a Cryp, and Georgie was a Blood. I don't think they have much loyalty to the colors.

east tx skier
11-17-2006, 05:16 PM
Now don't take this the wrong way I am no dyed in the wool Democrat nor am I a card carrying Republican.

Lakey, I'm with you. I see no reason for me to ever join a political party unless I'm running for something. I just don't agree wholeheartedly with any of them. How these organizations ever came to be called "parties" still confuses me.

shepherd
11-18-2006, 02:22 PM

Katherine Harris should be our next president. I totally agree with her opinion that all politicians should base their political decisions on service to God.

So, how's your wife been???? Haven't seen her in a while ;)

:D :D :D

TX.X-30 fan
11-18-2006, 05:00 PM

Please accept my apology Lake, i had no idea that would be offensive to anyone. It was meant all in good fun.

Hey, Hearingtech hope there's no bad feelings. looks like a very cool job to have.