PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Layout

lassy
11-15-2006, 03:54 PM
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r234/ericlassiterspics/1999%20Mastercraft%20X-Star/ballastlayout.jpg

I've been researching DIY ballast systems and I drew up the basic layout of what i'm thinking it will look like (other than the pump and manifold placement are not right on the layout of course)

Any suggestions? I already bought 2 Jabsco self-priming pumps, and I'm trying to get a third. I'm probably going to buy new Fly High bags as well, versus my old sacs that've been beat to hell and back. The manifold design seems like the tricky part to me.

I've got a 1999 X star. Can I lift up the floor to plumb all the lines? I haven't really tried yet...just wondering.

Ok, it is a little hard to read now that I see the post, but try your best.

east tx skier
11-15-2006, 04:31 PM
I don't know about getting all of the floor up. I know you can get the panels that are just screwed down up, but the rest may be a bit more semi-permenant.

P-hat_in_Cincy
11-15-2006, 05:24 PM
Looks pretty similar to the stock 2002 MC design that I'm familiar with. The only thing I can see missing is a 1-way check valvle on your intake line UNLESS you intend to empty out the bottom and sides.

I've got a complete install thread if you want to look it over. Just click the link in my signature line and look under the ballast section. There's a link that'll take you to the thread.

lassy
11-15-2006, 07:11 PM
wow.......

you've got everything i need. i'm leaning towards the 4 pump set up now that i see how easy yours is layed out.

i think i'm going to duplicate what you did. thanks for the write up.

P-hat_in_Cincy
11-15-2006, 07:42 PM
No problem. I hope it helps. Feel free to PM me if you have questions...especially about thru hull selections.

FYI...I will be modifying my setup this winter so that it drains out the sides rather than out the bottom and transom.