PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone "DO NOT CALL LIST!

TMCNo1
11-15-2006, 12:26 PM
In several days telemarketers can call your cell phone if you don't have each of your cell phones and #'s on the "DO NOT CALL LIST" and they will/can use up your minutes calling you. Call 1-888-382-1222 to add yours to the list, just follow the prompts!

LakePirate
11-15-2006, 12:28 PM
In several days telemarketers can call your cell phone if you don't have each of your cell phones and #'s on the "DO NOT CALL LIST" and they will/can use up your minutes calling you. Call 1-888-382-1222 to add yours to the list, just follow the prompts!

No So fast my friend.

link
(http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2005/04/dnc.htm)

TMCNo1
11-15-2006, 12:35 PM
No So fast my friend.

link
(http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2005/04/dnc.htm)

Well, I'll just have to go with the flow, glad to hear it, thanks!
At least now our cell #"s is on the list too, just as insurance, if nothing else!

Workin' 4 Toys
11-15-2006, 12:48 PM
I hope the calls will stop now that the elections are over....:mad:

TMCNo1
11-15-2006, 12:52 PM

Yea, till next years elections, cause Politicians and Churches are exempt from the list from what I have read in our newspaper. ICBW

Workin' 4 Toys
11-15-2006, 12:56 PM
Yea, till next years elections, cause Politicians and Churches are exempt from the list from what I have read in our newspaper. ICBW
The "caller id" always had random numbers show up, so I couldn't block all of them. It was frustrating for awhile. Almost as bad as when I had a house phone again.....

LakePirate
11-15-2006, 12:59 PM

The Do-Not-Call registry does not prevent all unwanted calls. It does not cover the following:

calls from organizations with which you have established a business relationship;

calls for which you have given prior written permission;

calls which are not commercial or do not include unsolicited advertisements;

calls by or on behalf of tax-exempt non-profit organizations.

*Note you must re-register your number. The current registration length is 5 years. However, it was less in the past. Telemarketers are buying lists daily that have the numbers of people who have just come off of the DNC list.

TMCNo1
11-15-2006, 01:15 PM
The Do-Not-Call registry does not prevent all unwanted calls. It does not cover the following:

calls from organizations with which you have established a business relationship;

calls for which you have given prior written permission;

calls which are not commercial or do not include unsolicited advertisements;

calls by or on behalf of tax-exempt non-profit organizations.

*Note you must re-register your number. The current registration length is 5 years. However, it was less in the past. Telemarketers are buying lists daily that have the numbers of people who have just come off of the DNC list.

Thanks for adding that, maybe it will help some people out!

atlfootr
11-15-2006, 05:36 PM
In several days telemarketers can call your cell phone if you don't have each of your cell phones and #'s on the "DO NOT CALL LIST" and they will/can use up your minutes calling you. Call 1-888-382-1222 to add yours to the list, just follow the prompts!I'm down for what its worth :D

SkiDog
11-15-2006, 05:44 PM
Dog did it on home & cell #'s. Thanks #1!

Sodar
11-15-2006, 05:45 PM
I added all my numbers, just for the heck of it! It just makes me feel like I did SOMETHING to end the misery!!

Could you imagine waking up everyday and have to face the reality that you are a telemarketer?!?!? I would just stay in bed or go bankrupt before I would do that job. It would be horrible catching so much crap from people on the other line. By the end of the day, they must just want to shoot somebody!!

Ric
11-15-2006, 06:40 PM
This is for the cops

rodltg2
11-15-2006, 06:55 PM
i like telemarketers, they are fun to mess with. i especially love the mortage guys. i tell them that i live in trailer down by the river. can i re-fi and pull equity???

Sodar
11-15-2006, 07:10 PM
i like telemarketers, they are fun to mess with. i especially love the mortage guys. i tell them that i live in trailer down by the river. can i re-fi and pull equity???

That is pretty good! Do you tell him he will have "plenty of time to think about it when he is living in a van down by the river!!!"

I usually just let the phone sit off the hook or make inappropriate noises until they hang up. Childish I know, but none the less amusing!!!

Leroy
11-15-2006, 09:24 PM
I made them repeat the names they were calling for 3 or 4 times told them I was writing this down and I woudl be sure not to vote for that candidate for the rude interruption in my life.

Workin' 4 Toys
11-16-2006, 09:13 AM
I made them repeat the names they were calling for 3 or 4 times told them I was writing this down and I woudl be sure not to vote for that candidate for the rude interruption in my life.
I like it...... but some of them were recordings.:mad:
Oh well, I guess there's always email, there aren't any interuptions there.....:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
11-16-2006, 10:24 AM
I like it...... but some of them were recordings.:mad:
Oh well, I guess there's always email, there aren't any interuptions there.....:rolleyes:

Around here, 99% are recordings, the phone only rings 4 times if you don't answer, then they call back in a couple hours. If you answer, the recording will not start until you speak, so it can be a standoff for 3 minutes, the line goes dead and then they call back in 2 hours. Technology???????????????????

atlfootr
11-16-2006, 10:30 AM
I hope the calls will stop now that the elections are over....:mad:I jus' wished they stop period.
:rant:

Sodar
11-16-2006, 10:33 AM
I jus' wished they stop period.
:rant:

I will second that. I hate when I am busy doing something and stop dead in my tracks to go check the Caller ID. Its is pretty funny in my house, the first person to check the Caller ID typically yells "Don't Answer, It is a solicitor"!!!