PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a puggle?

rodltg2
11-14-2006, 08:52 PM
the fiance wants a small doggy. i guess this guy isnt to cuddly . i saw some puggles ( half beagle and half pug) anyone have one of these? i cant believe how many mixed breed dogs are out there now that cost so much..

Upper Michigan Prostar190
11-14-2006, 08:57 PM
Rod, my aunt has one. Nice dog. High energy, but he is just a pup yet. Very good with people. the eagerness of the beagle breed comes through alot. the mix is different. that dog is so ugly its cute. My favorite dog is a dachshund, but they can be a challenge at times. They are super loyal and very loving, good with people, but they can be a bit nervous too. THey like to be around people alot. If you train them right, they are good., but most are spoiled.

rodltg2
11-14-2006, 09:00 PM
luckliy sammy pictured above loves little dogs and doesnt have a problem. he just loves my mom's bichon frise. your right they are so ugly theyre cute...

Upper Michigan Prostar190
11-14-2006, 09:20 PM
Oh thats a cute little doggie! :)

phecksel
11-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Papillon

http://www.hecksel.com/images/Pets/Manney/DSC_3372.jpg

http://www.hecksel.com/images/Pets/Sassey/DSC_3429.jpg

duckguy
11-14-2006, 11:13 PM
no but this was our boxer at 11 weeks

milkmania
11-14-2006, 11:31 PM
no but this was our boxer at 11 weeks

is he older now?

beautiful markings!:love:

duckguy
11-15-2006, 12:14 AM
about a year now

dapicatti
11-15-2006, 12:26 AM
I love the Papillons! The toy picture is the best.

bigmac
11-15-2006, 10:09 AM
Puggle's are all the rage. Latest fad in cute-little-doggies. All the big Hollywood stars have them. Why, it's even rumored that Paris Hilton is going to dump her chihuahua to get a puggle.

In the meantime, these fad half-breeds are a bad idea. The huge demand drives the cost way up, but more importantly the over-breeding, unscrupulous breeding, or just plain careless breeding by unknowledgable people trying to cash in and make a buck means a potentially bad ownership experience. It's a pretty safe bet that you won't likely find a responsible breeder for a fad, non-AKC breed like puggle, labradoodle etc, and if you do, they will cost a lot with no gaurantees.

phecksel
11-15-2006, 12:41 PM
I love the Papillons! The toy picture is the best.
He did that on his own. Wife couldn't find him and wouldn't come when called. Finally found him and had to get the camera out.

Really intelligent animals! They love to be around people.

dapicatti
11-16-2006, 01:33 AM
He did that on his own. Wife couldn't find him and wouldn't come when called. Finally found him and had to get the camera out.

Really intelligent animals! They love to be around people.

We have some friends at the lake with a papillon. Great dog. If I was a little dog person we definately would get one.