PDA

View Full Version : I'm moving to the big city

richardsoncd
11-13-2006, 03:10 PM
So I have done what I said I wouldn't do...I have accepted a job in the big city of Atlanta, so all you ATL boys look out.

LakePirate
11-13-2006, 03:18 PM
So I have done what I said I wouldn't do...I have accepted a job in the big city of Atlanta, so all you ATL boys look out.

Well come on down.....You are the next constant on sit in traffic.

trickskier
11-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Congratulations on your new job. I used to travel to Atlanta quite often, love the city, hate the traffic.

Sodar
11-13-2006, 04:02 PM
It sounds like you will be loving the commute, just like I love mine here in LA. Just make sure your iPod has ALOT of good music on it!!

richardsoncd
11-13-2006, 04:51 PM
It sounds like you will be loving the commute, just like I love mine here in LA. Just make sure your iPod has ALOT of good music on it!!

The commute will be less than or equal to 30 minutes...I will work right by where I will live, in Atlanta terms: inside the perimeter

sanjuan23
11-13-2006, 05:04 PM

Books on Tape/iPod/CD make a commute a little more manageable

Sodar
11-13-2006, 05:10 PM
The commute will be less than or equal to 30 minutes...I will work right by where I will live, in Atlanta terms: inside the perimeter

Nice! That is perfect!

TMCNo1
11-13-2006, 07:29 PM
Shortly after you get there, go to the "Varsity" and eat a couple hotdogs for us!

roddydog
11-13-2006, 07:35 PM
Well come on down.....You are the next constant on sit in traffic.
Would that be 'Contestant'?:)

Got a buddy who works for Coke in ATL and he is a monster skier, boarder and sky skier.

PM me if you want his e-mail, you never know.

LakePirate
11-13-2006, 08:09 PM
Would that be 'Contestant'?:)

Got a buddy who works for Coke in ATL and he is a monster skier, boarder and sky skier.

PM me if you want his e-mail, you never know.

Damn first Ric now you.

I do have a cold.

Not running at 100%.

88 PS190
11-13-2006, 08:14 PM
anyone able to compare atlanta traffic to something I know? say chicago traffic?

6ballsisall
11-14-2006, 08:55 AM
anyone able to compare atlanta traffic to something I know? say chicago traffic?

Equally as bad, in some cases maybe even worse........

Can't "wait" to start all that traffic stuff......:rolleyes:

coreman
11-14-2006, 06:53 PM
I have lived in both (4 years each) and would say chicago traffic is worse. I can still remember sitting in traffic on the skyway on a Sunday night or trying to get home from Ohare on a random weekend or weeknight and sitting in stopped traffic. Atlanta still has a reverse commute and if you live in the city you will save yourself hours per day, but it will cost you a lot more $$ to do so. To sum it up- Chicago traffic is always bad and Atlanta is only bad sometimes. And the other thing is they drive much faster in Atlanta so the wrecks always seems to be much worse. With all of that said I live in Atlanta currently and love the weather compared to Chicago, but I sure do miss the food!

richardsoncd
11-15-2006, 09:45 AM
I totally agree, I will be living in town, so my commute will be short, it will be a bit of a culture shock for myself and my dogs, but I am excited...here is my new "in town" bungalow:

Click Here (http://www.homescenes.com/_PGM/hs_TourMedia2.cfm?ShowLogo=N&ResumePropertySearchPGM=&SL=X0&DA=X1&ShowAgent=Y&DC=&Action=&PropertyID=26858&CountryID=1&StateID=&RegionID=&AreaID=&SR=&ER=&PriceRangeID=0&PropertyStyleID=0&YearsOldRangeID=0&PropertyStyleID=0&IsAFe)

richardsoncd
12-06-2006, 09:13 AM
I made it, started the new job yesterday. I little shell shocked so far, this is a big diffrence from working in Oconee County, GA (my new office is in Mid-Town for those who know ATL). Anyone in Atlanta up for happy hour? Lake - I know you are.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-06-2006, 09:18 AM
I made it, started the new job yesterday. I little shell shocked so far, this is a big diffrence from working in Oconee County, GA (my new office is in Mid-Town for those who know ATL). Anyone in Atlanta up for happy hour? Lake - I know you are.

LakePirate
12-06-2006, 09:21 AM
And you know this man.

Welcome to Inman Park.

You are going to love the Virginia - Highlands.

LakePirate
12-06-2006, 09:22 AM

Currently 38 degrees ---- Not so hot right now. :mad:

shepherd
12-06-2006, 09:27 AM
I totally agree, I will be living in town, so my commute will be short, it will be a bit of a culture shock for myself and my dogs, but I am excited...here is my new "in town" bungalow:

Click Here (http://www.homescenes.com/_PGM/hs_TourMedia2.cfm?ShowLogo=N&ResumePropertySearchPGM=&SL=X0&DA=X1&ShowAgent=Y&DC=&Action=&PropertyID=26858&CountryID=1&StateID=&RegionID=&AreaID=&SR=&ER=&PriceRangeID=0&PropertyStyleID=0&YearsOldRangeID=0&PropertyStyleID=0&IsAFe)

So are you moved into this house? I'm just curious if you'll be backing your Mastercraft up and down that driveway? How is that working out? Looks like there might be some serious scraping.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-06-2006, 10:05 AM
Currently 38 degrees ---- Not so hot right now. :mad:
It was 7 here yesterday....And more than likely it will be there again tomorrow...FWIW......It's going to get cold here pretty soon......;)

LakePirate
12-06-2006, 10:12 AM
It was 7 here yesterday....And more than likely it will be there again tomorrow...FWIW......It's going to get cold here pretty soon......;)

Ah yes but you are prepared for it. You have the proper attire.

Me...unless I want to walk around in my snow ski clothes, no so much.

Plus, I am used to 90+ don't like <50 really don't like less than 60.

richardsoncd
12-06-2006, 10:44 AM
So are you moved into this house? I'm just curious if you'll be backing your Mastercraft up and down that driveway? How is that working out? Looks like there might be some serious scraping.

I actually didn't move into that house, inspection issues, so I am in Vinings. The boat stays at the family farm near the lake. There is no way I am pulling that boat on Atlanta streets.

LakePirate
12-06-2006, 10:57 AM
I actually didn't move into that house, inspection issues, so I am in Vinings. The boat stays at the family farm near the lake. There is no way I am pulling that boat on Atlanta streets.

The Vinings....that is where all the slim's live.

The Smyrna Square deal is excellent for boozin.