PDA

View Full Version : What do you do to make people laugh at work?

suedv
11-12-2006, 07:37 PM
I like to have fun. Here is something I did with a plant at work just because I could.

suedv
11-12-2006, 07:38 PM
This is her non-identical sister

Hoosier Bob
11-12-2006, 09:00 PM
Nice work Sue! I have too many pranksters at work already!8p

Workin' 4 Toys
11-13-2006, 08:38 AM
Sue, this was "intended" to make people laugh......
I got some of this color paint, and had several offices painted, I was the only one laughing....:purplaugh

EDIT- The offices were NOT mine.....

Sodar
11-13-2006, 09:18 AM
I think that this would make everyone happy! Especially about 1 o'clock on a Friday afternoon!!

loeweb
11-13-2006, 03:48 PM
We usually make fun of kids. No just kidding, usually let students tell us funny stories of their friends follies. Great times teaching the leaders of tomorrow.

Sodar
11-13-2006, 04:00 PM
We usually make fun of kids. No just kidding, usually let students tell us funny stories of their friends follies. Great times teaching the leaders of tomorrow.

Just Kidding!! Yeah right!! Little kids will spill their guts about anything. I bet you hear more hilarious stories than anyone. i.e.~Last sunday like Johnny walked into mom and dad's room and they were wrestling... naked!! HA HA!!

suedv
11-13-2006, 05:27 PM
Sue, this was "intended" to make people laugh......
I got some of this color paint, and had several offices painted, I was the only one laughing....:purplaugh

EDIT- The offices were NOT mine.....

Maybe it didn't make people at your office laugh, but from the outside I think it is very funny. Lots of drama I'm sure. Could be more fun that watching a movie. :popcorn:

BTW, I don't think I'd try that one at my office.

SKI*MC
11-13-2006, 10:01 PM
always have your door open about a quarter with a bucket of ice water sitting at the top of it. Always a good one, for you at leaste!

Hoosier Bob
11-13-2006, 10:11 PM
Clear saran wrap covering all of the toilets is fun! Put their drawers in their desk upside down! Tacks are always fun! Crazy glue on the phone button! I have more but they will take a few other employees to help you!8p

SKI*MC
11-13-2006, 10:14 PM
thats old school, now a days, you can actually make clear jello in the tiolet. The only way to get it out is by hand!

suedv
11-13-2006, 10:28 PM
There was a guy in my office who got married and while he was gone on his honeymoon we added some software that made his computer burp and fart (kind of childish, but it was nice because he didn't use his speakers for a day and there was no opera music filling the air). We renamed the burp program and put it in the start menu so that he had a harder time finding it. My friend who was in on this with me also put some freeware on another friend's computer so that everything on her monitor was upside down.

These work best on people who are really lost with their computers in the first place.

BuoyChaser
11-13-2006, 10:58 PM
There was a guy in my office who got married and while he was gone on his honeymoon we added some software that made his computer burp and fart (kind of childish, but it was nice because he didn't use his speakers for a day and there was no opera music filling the air). We renamed the burp program and put it in the start menu so that he had a harder time finding it. My friend who was in on this with me also put some freeware on another friend's computer so that everything on her monitor was upside down.

These work best on people who are really lost with their computers in the first place.
any leads on this software, that would be great at our zoo!!!

suedv
11-13-2006, 11:05 PM
any leads on this software, that would be great at our zoo!!!

This was a couple years ago. You probably could google the burp one. I remember the monitor one was called "flip it." The woman with the upside down stuff on her monitor actually thought her monitor was broken and had it upside down and propped up with books so it wouldn't rock or fall. Nobody told her what really happened for about a week because it was way too funny.

Leroy
11-13-2006, 11:13 PM
Call a guy with a 17-18 yr old son or daughter and act like the army recruiter that just signed their son for a 12 year tour in the infantry. "Said his parents don't understand and he/she just wants front line action." Make sure you are in an office where you can watch as you drag this one out.

tex
11-13-2006, 11:24 PM
I worked in an office where people could put the line from Brokeback Mountain on your email. When people would get emails it would yell, "Why can't I quit you?" It was classic!

Workin' 4 Toys
11-14-2006, 08:05 AM
Maybe it didn't make people at your office laugh, but from the outside I think it is very funny. Lots of drama I'm sure. Could be more fun that watching a movie. :popcorn:

BTW, I don't think I'd try that one at my office.
It was well worth the price of the paint, cheap in comparison, and it didn't harm anyone....Unlike Hoosier Bob sticking himself with tacks and gluing his finger to the phone to give others a laugh...:rolleyes:

jbfootin
11-14-2006, 09:19 AM
When I worked for a small company, the IT guy quit so they made me the computer geek for a while. With that much power you could do all sorts of fun stuff.

1) do the <shft><Print screen> of their desktop. Move all of their icons off the side of the screen, out of sight. Make the picture of their old desktop their background. It looks like all of their icons and the "Start" button are there but nothing works.:rolleyes:

2) put PCAnywhere on their PC and then just take over their computer while they are trying to work. This one works best with people that hate and are afraid of computers anyway;)

atlfootr
11-14-2006, 09:26 AM
Not at work, just on TT Board :twocents:
http://media.putfile.com/monkey-kissing

rcnjson
11-14-2006, 10:54 AM
Paging myself gets a lot of mileage. At first, I couldn't do it with out cracking up myself. Now I can get through the whole page. This is a focused bit of humor because only people who recognize your voice or who are sitting near you get it, but it always gets a laugh.

Oh yeah, we did this to my old boss on april fools day one year. Yes thats me.
k

dmayer84
11-14-2006, 10:56 AM
Im working at the helpdesk right now for my company, we have fun ejecting each others cdroms randomly, shutting their computer down on them remotely, logging them off. Scheduling taks is always fun, same thing will happen to them everday at the same time.

RexDog1
11-14-2006, 11:15 AM
A easy one…. Switch the M and N on somebody’s the keyboard :cool:

Workin' 4 Toys
11-14-2006, 11:30 AM
This thread has turned into something other than what Sue was looking for....:rolleyes:

Maybe "What pranks do you pull on others at work to place them in complete misery and laugh your arse off at them" is a more appropriate thread name for the responses..... Although I am laughing at work so I appreciate it....;)

Datdude
11-14-2006, 04:16 PM
A easy one…. Switch the M and N on somebody’s the keyboard :cool:

easy.....yet very effective:D

Ric
11-14-2006, 04:57 PM
I like to have fun. Here is something I did with a plant at work just because I could. what do I do to make people laugh at work?
tell them I'm a exotic dancer

jimmer2880
11-15-2006, 05:55 AM
sorry - double post

jimmer2880
sorry - double post.

jimmer2880
I changed some people's logon hours to every-other 1/2 hour. They would call me saying they couldn't get in. I'd wait 30 minutes & walk over. I'd then have them show me. They would be able to log in just fine. But - when they came back from the can 1/2 hour later - they couldn't log in again.

There was once this little executable which would yell "Hey everybody, I'm watching p0rn over here!". I played that on everyone in the sales dept's computers at the same time.

I had setup a little monitor, watching my then lead's computer. Whenever the Idle process would be at 99% for more than 5 minutes, he would get annoying messages to wake up. Although he knew it was me, he had everyone else in the shop look at his system trying to figure out how I was doing it (I was doing it from my system) before he finally came to me to beg for foregiveness.

Workin' 4 Toys
11-15-2006, 09:35 AM
what do I do to make people laugh at work?
tell them I'm a exotic dancer
Just when I thought the guy/girl joke was over.......:confused: