PDA

View Full Version : Gazebos or Spa enclosures -- What do you have?

suedv
11-12-2006, 01:21 AM
We have our spa now and we love it! It is so relaxing. Only thing now is we want privacy. We live in the city and we feel like we are in a fishbowl. I don't want something really big because we have trees that need to get water to their roots.

Do any of you have something around your spa for privacy screening? If so do you have any pictures you can post? Is there anything you wish you did differently for privacy screening? I have some ideas, but looking at what others did always helps.

Thanks in advance!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
11-12-2006, 10:49 AM
I dont have any privacy screen. If the neighbors are sick enough to watch, let em. In fact, I think that sicko Hoosier watches me with binoculars all the way from Indiana. but, who can blame them all, who wouldnt want to look at my totally buff bod in swimtrunks.;)

bigmac
11-12-2006, 11:09 AM
...but, who can blame them all, who wouldnt want to look at my totally buff bod in swimtrunks.;)

Aha! Swim trunks!

I'm guessing you may have just hit on one difference between the desire for a privacy screen vs the perception of no need...;)

There may be other reasons, though....UMP, I think you need to re-read the book "The Joys of Hot Tubbing". You might be missing out on some of the concepts...

Upper Michigan Prostar190
11-12-2006, 11:16 AM
Aha! Swim trunks!

I'm guessing you may have just hit on one difference between the desire for a privacy screen vs the perception of no need...

There may be other reasons, though....UMP, I think you need to re-read the book "The Joys of Hot Tubbing". You might be missing out on some of the concepts...
dammit Bigmac! I was trying to be politically correct and say that I wear my trunks in the hot tub.8p (I will type this part in parenthesees so only you can see it, Uh....so where can I buy that hot tub book?)8p :D

bret
11-12-2006, 11:16 AM
a few 4 x 4 post, a couple of sculptured beam tops, then lattice work go a long way. In the spring, put some planters at the bottom of the lattice, plant a little ivy and let the ivy do the rest. The beam tops, you can tie together later if you want and install a ceiling fan and use those to hide the wiring.

bigmac
11-12-2006, 11:40 AM
dammit Bigmac! I was trying to be politically correct and say that I wear my trunks in the hot tub.8p (I will type this part in parenthesees so only you can see it, Uh....so where can I buy that hot tub book?)8p :D

Uh..is your spa the reason you were looking to buy a dry suit?