PDA

View Full Version : 91 ProStar voltmeter

Phntmski
11-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Hey Ya'll,

While in the process of checking out the voltmeter on my 91 Prostar I actually fried it by shorting out the positive post with the contact from my multimeter. OOPS!! So, if anyone has one or knows of a source for an original equipment VDO guage with the brownish/brass looking ring around the bezel I'd appreciate getting put together with it. I believe it's considered a 2 inch.

Thanks,

Scott

Sctdny@aol.com
940-329-8325

mrG
11-12-2006, 12:21 AM
check with Marine Surplus www.marinesurplusinc.com or Rancho Marine www.boatrecycling.com

Phntmski
11-12-2006, 09:56 PM
For that matter, could these things be repaired?

Leroy
11-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Are you sure the voltmeter is bad vs a blown fuse or bad connection? Can you measure 12v with VOM on the leads of the boat's voltmeter?

Phntmski
11-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Would the meter have it's own fuse? No other guage is acting up and it was kind of immediate when I did it. "IT" was when I shorted out the positive side of the volt guage with my multimeter test lead. Now it just shoots straight to max as soon as I turn on the ignition.
This all started when I was trying to figure out why I wasn't getting enough power to the Perfect Pass I just installed. Ended up wiring straight to the ignition switch (closer to the battery), problem solved. Now the problem is newly defunct voltmeter.