PDA

View Full Version : 1998 Sammy Duvall Prostar 190

454Barefoot
11-10-2006, 05:49 PM
I just bought a 1998 Sammy Duvall Prostar 190 and was wondering if anyone could share any info on this style of boat. Any pros cons or opinions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jake

Jerseydave
11-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Congrats on the new purchase!

I had a 1994 prostar(diff. hull) and my buddy had a 1995 prostar. I think the 1995 and 1998 are the same hull. It was a great boat for slalom as I recall, and more interior room than my '94.

The Sammy D. is a beautiful boat. Post some pics!

corey
11-10-2006, 07:05 PM
98 is the same hull in 99 and 2000. Very nice, post some pics if you get a chance.

C36
11-11-2006, 01:49 AM
...As for the 190, there is some information here (http://www.6ballsports.com/Boats.html). Although I believe a few facts are a little off, i.e., the hull design for 87 was the same as 86, but had a different deck, etc. It's a good overview though.

The quote from ETS is from another thread asking a similar question on hull history. Once you open the link, scroll down to the bottom of the page.

You might also want to do a search on this site as well. There are more than a few around like this one.
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=5784&highlight=1998+Prostar

Hope this helps.

erkoehler
11-11-2006, 02:02 AM
The 1995-1997 ProStar hull is different from the 1998-2000 hull. Both have there pros/cons.

PendO
11-11-2006, 02:12 AM
I just bought a 1998 Sammy Duvall Prostar 190 and was wondering if anyone could share any info on this style of boat. Any pros cons or opinions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jake

Do you have the corvette engine? 1:1 tranny or 1.5:1 ... I had one a few years ago, really enjoyed it ... I am by no means capable of getting short enough on a rope to care, but I think there were some retrofit kits that glued on the bottom of the hull on the sided for help with spray ... do a search for 1998 Prostar 190 and you will find some good info ... also, you can go to www.waterskimag.com (http://www.waterskimag.com) and search for info click here for one article (http://www.waterskimag.com/article.jsp?ID=12157&typeID=103&categoryID=109)

If I remember right your year 190 is a pretty fast hull, faster than my 06 w/ simmilar HP

454Barefoot
11-11-2006, 02:24 AM
No its has the 308 Hp Vortex MX I am not a super serious skier and i prolly do more wakeboarding then skiing so I hope this boat works out.

trickskier
11-11-2006, 09:48 AM
No its has the 308 Hp Vortex MX I am not a super serious skier and i prolly do more wakeboarding then skiing so I hope this boat works out.

I just sold my 98 ProStar 190 this year. They made 2 changes in the hull a area from 98 to 99. The first was Hydrorails that are glued on to the very back side area of the hull. As someone mentioned this was to keep the spray down and help flaten out the wake a little more. The other change was the rudder. MasterCraft noticed that the horizontal fin was putting a hump in the wake near the 22' off area. So they angled the fin to bring the hump closer to the boat. You can check to see if your boat has been retrofitted.

I did not retrofit my boat and was perfectly happy with it. I also had the 308 HP engine and found it to be all I needed. It pulled up for grown men once with out thinking about it. Hope you enjoy your new boat. Please post some pics when you get a chance.

TMCNo1
11-11-2006, 10:10 AM
I just sold my 98 ProStar 190 this year. They made 2 changes in the hull a area from 98 to 99. The first was Hydrorails that are glued on to the very back side area of the hull. As someone mentioned this was to keep the spray down and help flaten out the wake a little more. The other change was the rudder. MasterCraft noticed that the horizontal fin was putting a hump in the wake near the 22' off area. So they angled the fin to bring the hump closer to the boat. You can check to see if your boat has been retrofitted.

I did not retrofit my boat and was perfectly happy with it. I also had the 308 HP engine and found it to be all I needed. It pulled up for grown men once with out thinking about it. Hope you enjoy your new boat. Please post some pics when you get a chance.

The "Sammy Duvall Signature Edition" boats were identical to the regular ProStar 190, except they had some additional bling, special upholstery embroidery, special color schemes and graphics along with the standard PS190 options that were available for that year.