PDA

View Full Version : Steering Wheel - Center Piece

kidshanko
11-09-2006, 09:31 AM
Restoring my 1990 PS 190 this winter, one of the parts I need is a suitable center decoration to replace the missing part. Need not be original, but should say "MasterCraft" or some other MC type logo.
Anyone have any suggestions??

east tx skier
11-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Have you called some of the dealers that frequent the board yet? I'll bet one of them has that part. If not, and assuming you can't find one, you can have a sign shop produce a decal. That's all it is is a rigidly backed sticker.

shepherd
11-09-2006, 10:51 AM
On my '90, the center piece on the steering wheel is more like a plastic button. Is that what you're looking for, or do you need the center hub cover itself?

east tx skier
11-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Shep, you're right. There is a plastic button. I competely spaced on that. I was thinking of the decal in the plastic button.

TMCNo1
11-09-2006, 02:41 PM
MasterCraft has had or does have those steering wheel center emblems. Just not sure if they have them for your year, but have your dealer call the parts dept @ MC and ask, but the later year ones will work. They are the same stuff as the newer domed graphics and domed registration numbers and originals came out as emblems for caps in the center of rims. Check you local custom wheel and tire shops, they usually carry them in most any style and size, but none will say MC. Mr.Gasket speed parts has them in their catalogue in sets of 4 for most auto mfg. and other designs.