PDA

View Full Version : Problems at Sam Adams?

shepherd
11-08-2006, 08:07 PM
Lately, every time I go to the store and look for some beer, the Sam Adams section of the shelf is empty except for Sam Adams Light. It's been like that for weeks. Either there's a lot of Sam Adams drinkers in this town, or they just don't deliver their product often to these out-of-the-way towns, or they're having some production problems. Anybody hear anything?

What gives?

Ric
11-08-2006, 08:11 PM
wherever that beer is, you will find the set screws

BriEOD
11-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Maybe it is a sign that you should be drinking Light.:confused:

Jerseydave
11-08-2006, 08:26 PM
Just buy Jengling instead.....great beer from the oldest brewery in the U.S. (made in PA)

BriEOD
11-08-2006, 08:27 PM
No self respecting Southerner drinks that Yankee Beer. ;)

trickskier
11-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Lately, every time I go to the store and look for some beer, the Sam Adams section of the shelf is empty except for Sam Adams Light. It's been like that for weeks. Either there's a lot of Sam Adams drinkers in this town, or they just don't deliver their product often to these out-of-the-way towns, or they're having some production problems. Anybody hear anything?

What gives?

If you live in Jax, jcrosby150 has a HUGE stash of COLD SAMMYS :friday:

Chief
11-08-2006, 09:18 PM

What gives?
You should try to find in South America! I was on deployment last year and was in and out of various places in South America and not one Sammy to be found! I had to aquire a taste for SKOL, YUK my liver is still pissed.

P.S. If you want to know what Sam Adams light taste like, drink a six pack of regular Sammy's and pee it back into the bottle and chill "ta da" Sam Adams light!

LONG LIVE THE SAMMY'S IN THE SOUTH!

BuoyChaser
11-08-2006, 09:38 PM
You should try to find in South America! I was on deployment last year and was in and out of various places in South America and not one Sammy to be found! I had to aquire a taste for SKOL, YUK my liver is still pissed.

P.S. If you want to know what Sam Adams light taste like, drink a six pack of regular Sammy's and pee it back into the bottle and chill "ta da" Sam Adams light!

LONG LIVE THE SAMMY'S IN THE SOUTH!
thought that was coronas, tequila drinkin' mexican piss!!!

shepherd
11-08-2006, 11:39 PM
No self respecting Southerner drinks that Yankee Beer. ;)

Actually my favorite beer is made in Virginia, but it can't be found anywhere outside the VA-DC-MD area.

What can I say, ain't no good beers come from the south AFAIK, except maybe Abita. But we got some good bourbon down here!

Maybe I can get UMP to load up a Silverado with a few cases of Sammy and run it down here..."Southbound and down!"

shepherd
11-08-2006, 11:42 PM
Just buy Jengling instead.....great beer from the oldest brewery in the U.S. (made in PA)

Yuengling.... iss-aw-right, I gayuss... but just cuz its the oldest don't mean its good.

dmayer84
11-08-2006, 11:45 PM
I wish the Sam Adams summer ale was still around. 2 kegs only last so long.:toast:

shepherd
11-08-2006, 11:58 PM
See, now you're just teasing me. I saw some Sam Adams Octoberfest a while back in a store, but didn't get to try any of that either. I must have been out of town at the time. :cool:

east tx skier
11-09-2006, 12:02 AM
A buddy of mine just bought a slimmie keg of Sam Adams Oktoberfest last month. Tasted fine to me and readily available in Dallas apparently.

bigmac
11-09-2006, 12:10 AM
I'm a big fan of Hennepin ale from Ommegang in upstate New York - also their Three Philosophers. It's hard to get around here since they can't ship to Minnesota, so Sam Adams is my fallback. Seems to be plenty of it around here.

BuoyChaser
11-09-2006, 08:09 AM
Actually my favorite beer is made in Virginia, but it can't be found anywhere outside the VA-DC-MD area.

What can I say, ain't no good beers come from the south AFAIK, except maybe Abita. But we got some good bourbon down here!

Maybe I can get UMP to load up a Silverado with a few cases of Sammy and run it down here..."Southbound and down!"
Abita is good, can't quite remember that "TurboDog" when i was down one year for Jazz Fest in New Orleans...

BuoyChaser
11-09-2006, 08:12 AM
i'm an IPA guy, and here on the East Coast MMmmmm so many good ones to choose from....Smuttynose IPA, Harpoon IPA and of course DogFish IPA beat out all others...but at $20/case for Harpoon IPA can't beat that for twice the alcohol of those Corn Sugar Watered Down Beers!!!:D

shepherd
11-09-2006, 09:21 AM
.but at $20/case for Harpoon IPA can't beat that for twice the alcohol of those Corn Sugar Watered Down Beers!!!:D

I always keep a case of Coors Light in the garage fridge for "everyday drinkin' " -- it's just beer-flavored water. But I like to have a 6 pack of Sammy or Harpoon or Shipyard Ale for in the evenings when I want a real beer. And whenever I'm in the D.C. area, I make it a point to grab a couple sixes of Dominion Brewing Co. products, like Tupper's Hop Pocket or Dominion Lager or Dominion Octoberfest. Real good.

east tx skier
11-09-2006, 11:12 AM
i'm an IPA guy, and here on the East Coast MMmmmm so many good ones to choose from....Smuttynose IPA, Harpoon IPA and of course DogFish IPA beat out all others...but at $20/case for Harpoon IPA can't beat that for twice the alcohol of those Corn Sugar Watered Down Beers!!!:D

As far as beers from south of the M/D line go, can you get Shiner (although we think of TX as SW). Their Kolsch is very nice. I really like the Dogfish 60 minute. The 90 (Imperial IPA) is a little much for me, but is undoubtedly good, too.

yzwiley
11-09-2006, 11:52 AM
http://www.corman-collins.be/biere/chimay/rouge.jpg

east tx skier
11-09-2006, 12:35 PM
I'll see your Chimay, and raise you a ...

http://ici.cegep-ste-foy.qc.ca/departements/allemand/Etudiants/H97/P05/maudite.jpg http://hometown.aol.com/quebecair/images/maudite_3.gif

shepherd
11-09-2006, 02:00 PM
This stuff will knock you on your patootie... in fact, you won't even be able to say "patootie" after drinking a couple of these 8p
Oh yeah, it tastes great too.

BuoyChaser
11-09-2006, 02:41 PM
This stuff will knock you on your patootie... in fact, you won't even be able to say "patootie" after drinking a couple of these 8p
Oh yeah, it tastes great too.
good 'ole belgian yeast, smooth and strong!!!

BuoyChaser
11-09-2006, 02:57 PM
As far as beers from south of the M/D line go, can you get Shiner (although we think of TX as SW). Their Kolsch is very nice. I really like the Dogfish 60 minute. The 90 (Imperial IPA) is a little much for me, but is undoubtedly good, too.
60minute is my favorite as well, except awful marketing calling it "Chunky Style"...the 90 minute has some kick but that 120 minute is like drinking barley wine...