PDA

View Full Version : my new special

rodltg2
11-08-2006, 02:48 PM
im running this special in a new nearby town. im trying to break into the market. cant beat this!!!

what do you guys think, make you want to buy granite countertops?

M-Funf
11-08-2006, 02:58 PM
Looks nice!

Are the countertops continuous granite (no seams)?

I was going to suggest that you nix the add-ons for sink and stove, but you'd have to increase the per sq. foot price, which might scare some people away???

edit: I think this thread may need to be moved...to O/T.

rodltg2
11-08-2006, 03:01 PM
the pro's can move it .....

no you have to have seams normally...

M-Funf
11-08-2006, 03:04 PM
the pro's can move it .....

no you have to have seams normally...

Got it. I'm trying to decide what to do when I remodel the kitchen...I'm thinking granite is the way to go, but it's going to be a couple of years out since we're doing the roof this year and paint next year.

But, when It's time, I'll be sure to give you a shot at it if you don't mind travelling a ways...:cool:

rodltg2
11-08-2006, 03:10 PM
no problem...

Workin' 4 Toys
11-08-2006, 03:40 PM
I am not sure if you were looking for criticism, or sales with this....But here goes.
I think it could use a little more color...Perhaps some darker cabinets, and maybe in something other than oak.

rodltg2
11-08-2006, 04:08 PM
you'll have to contact the owner of that kitchen on that one. we did that job a while ago... we dont design ktichens or do cabnits, we just install the granite the customer wants..

Maristar210
11-08-2006, 04:16 PM
you'll have to contact the owner of that kitchen on that one. we did that job a while ago... we dont design ktichens or do cabnits, we just install the granite the customer wants..

Right but it's your brochure and your image is being projected. That window treatment looks like it belongs in a double wide.
JMO

Granite loks great.

shepherd
11-08-2006, 04:17 PM
$65/sq. ft.???
I don't know. What is a typical price for granite countertops?

loeweb
11-08-2006, 04:42 PM
I am not sure if you were looking for criticism, or sales with this....But here goes.
I think it could use a little more color...Perhaps some darker cabinets, and maybe in something other than oak.

I agree. Maybe some shade of red somewhere either on the cabinets or the stools. Maybe even a different color of font on the small print. Countertops look great though. Price seems very reasonable to me too!

rodltg2
11-08-2006, 04:45 PM
Right but it's your brochure and your image is being projected. That window treatment looks like it belongs in a double wide.
JMO

Granite loks great.

thats actually not the pic that will go in the ad, i designed that one as the idea for the graphics guy. the pic im using is a different one. how

about this pic of an outdoor bbq.just take a wild guess at what that water is in the bacround..

richardsoncd
11-08-2006, 04:50 PM
thats actually not the pic that will go in the ad, i designed that one as the idea for the graphics guy. the pic im using is a different one. how

about this pic of an outdoor bbq.just take a wild guess at what that water is in the bacround..

Man that looks slick....do you do work in Georgia:D

Datdude
11-08-2006, 04:51 PM
I think Home Depot in my area is advertising granite countertops starting at $65.00/sq. ft. as well. I am guessing that is a good price?

rodltg2
11-08-2006, 04:59 PM
yep, they do although it does not include the bullnose edging...i beat home depot by 20-30%... and we actually do the work . not subcontracted..

rodltg2
11-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Man that looks slick....do you do work in Georgia:D

that island is nice, not to mention his own ski lake in the backyard!

Workin' 4 Toys
11-08-2006, 05:10 PM
I am not going to contact the owner, you posted this asking if it makes me want to buy granite. My answer in simpler terms based on your ad.....NO!!!

Workin' 4 Toys
11-08-2006, 05:13 PM
Hey rod, have you ever done experiments to see what it takes to crack a granite countertop into pieces?

How much of an overhang can you have without worrying about the edge snapping off?

rodltg2
11-08-2006, 05:17 PM
I am not going to contact the owner, you posted this asking if it makes me want to buy granite. My answer in simpler terms based on your ad.....NO!!!

well my question was based on the special, not that ad layout. the graphics guy will do the actual design... however i dont mind using pics of some of the simple, small kithcens we've done so people dont think granite is only for the rich....

Jesus_Freak
11-08-2006, 05:18 PM
im running this special in a new nearby town. im trying to break into the market. cant beat this!!!

I would probably change $65 sq/ft to $65/sqft, but I like it otherwise.

rodltg2
11-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Hey rod, have you ever done experiments to see what it takes to crack a granite countertop into pieces?

How much of an overhang can you have without worrying about the edge snapping off?

each color and even slab within a color has different charectersitics. so some may break very easily while others can overhang quite a bit without support.

but legally you have to have corbel supports after 6" of overhang every 48"...

here is a 5ft table with only those two riser supports..holds fine. i have even sat on it..

Workin' 4 Toys
11-08-2006, 05:23 PM
well my question was based on the special, not that ad layout. the graphics guy will do the actual design... however i dont mind using pics of some of the simple, small kithcens we've done so people dont think granite is only for the rich....
Ok. I'll overlook the ad next time and go straight for the pricing. And so I get the point, You wanna know if $65.00 a sq ft is good. Not good enough to get me to buy it.....I think it's only for the rich......

justinlkgb
11-08-2006, 05:59 PM
:twocents: well my question was based on the special, not that ad layout. the graphics guy will do the actual design... however i dont mind using pics of some of the simple, small kithcens we've done so people dont think granite is only for the rich....

Good idea here, I don't own a home yet, however the countertop seems to ad luster to an otherwise dull kithchen IMHO. So....yes it does make me want to at least call you to find out more. Good luck

6ballsisall
11-08-2006, 07:55 PM

Rod you are getting a ton of opinions on here and I'll give mine.

Before we dig into your design layout lets talk more about your intentions here.

First off, before ANYONE can give an educated opinion whether your ad is good or not a couple things you need to clue us in on.

1. What product/vehicle are you using to get this ad out there? (local newspaper, magazine, etc...) and how is it distributed?
2. The market you are targeting with this ad, what are they about? I.E. (high end area, older homes were remodeling is taking off, starter homes, etc.....)
3. What do you want to come from the ad (phone calls, market exposure, recognition, etc......)

Ric
11-08-2006, 08:07 PM

about this pic of an outdoor bbq.just take a wild guess at what that water is in the bacround.. DAMN that is cool

Archimedes
11-08-2006, 08:30 PM
$65 a square foot installed is not a bad price at all, based on what I've seen around here, unless it's limited to less desireable colors like Wakecraft orange...

If you want useful advice, if you're targeting high end homes, I think you need another pic. I agree the window treatments in that picture scream country double wide. If you're that's your target market, I think the pic actually shows how much nicer granite can make the kitchen look in a house like that. If you're targeting the expensive custom home owner, go with the outdoor grill pic...

milkmania
11-08-2006, 08:31 PM
DAMN that is cool

it's even got a phone to call the butler....

or pizza hut:o

Footin
11-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Nice ad but it doesn't sell me. But then again I do not like granite, I think it is kinda trendy.

Ric
11-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Nice ad but it doesn't sell me. But then again I do not like granite, I think it is kinda trendy. They said the same thing about CocaCola

Leroy
11-08-2006, 09:04 PM
Looks great Rod, I love granite, would not use anything else now.

6ballsisall
11-08-2006, 09:18 PM
Nice ad but it doesn't sell me. But then again I do not like granite, I think it is kinda trendy.

And they said the internet was a fad too......:rolleyes:

auburn buck
11-08-2006, 10:06 PM
We used Cassarino (Rocklin) for our remodel last year. :worthy:Gorgeous granite and a ton of it in our kitchen. Bullnose install is awesome and the fit is tight. Will you carry marble? We are doing a new Master Suite...

Thread jumping...my sign-in name will clue you in to where we live. We use Rollins and Tahoe mostly, and have not gotten into Folsom, except up by Rattlesnake Bar

yzwiley
11-09-2006, 11:53 AM
I'll keep you in mind Rod when my kitchen remodel starts in January.

phecksel
11-09-2006, 12:37 PM
Rod,

Not sure if you're looking for criticism, but ....

The first picture, I agree the colors are a lousy combination, which is fixable by someone with some reasonable photo shop skills

Second picture needs to be retaken with a low light lens, and may require some photo shop processing.

You're trying to show how attractive these counter-tops really are, but the pictures aren't doing it. They're missing the dynamic "pop". It will be worth your time and money to hire a pro or semi pro to take the pictures for the ad's and brochures.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
11-09-2006, 12:57 PM
makes me want to know if there are any cookies in that cookier jar back in the corner:cool:

Maristar210
11-09-2006, 01:22 PM
makes me want to know if there are any cookies in that cookier jar back in the corner:cool:

UMP -

That's California man....

There ain't no cookies in there:rolleyes:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
11-09-2006, 02:09 PM
UMP -

That's California man....

oh....oh yea....sorry:o

M-Funf
11-09-2006, 02:09 PM

Maybe Brownies?? :rolleyes: :cool:

SkiDog
11-09-2006, 04:48 PM
$65/sq. ft.???
I don't know. What is a typical price for granite countertops?

For GOOD installers, thats the going rate. Thats what I pay, less my 10% builders discount.

River Rat
11-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Just remember Rod........you asked:uglyhamme :uglyhamme

TMCNo1
11-09-2006, 05:18 PM

Just "Medical Marijauna" for the 'Brownies"!

rodltg2
11-11-2006, 08:28 PM
Rod,

Not sure if you're looking for criticism, but ....

The first picture, I agree the colors are a lousy combination, which is fixable by someone with some reasonable photo shop skills

Second picture needs to be retaken with a low light lens, and may require some photo shop processing.

You're trying to show how attractive these counter-tops really are, but the pictures aren't doing it. They're missing the dynamic "pop". It will be worth your time and money to hire a pro or semi pro to take the pictures for the ad's and brochures.

yes your right we do need to hire a professional photgrapher. for us its hard to get good pics because the house is not always finished when we are.

aubrun buck, im glad you like your kitchen. right now we dont have much marble , but we can definately still fab and install it..

PendO
11-11-2006, 09:56 PM

Rod, in all seriousness ... I like the flyer, had I seen it when I was building (hypothetically speaking since I live in WA) I would have given you a call ... also, one thing that would be nice is to have a brochure with a 3-6" backsplash as it gets people thinking about also using your product in that area ... cool table. I know that first pic has some backsplash in it, but it is in the far background, maybe a closeup of that area?