PDA

View Full Version : Where to put subs?

jaxrider
11-08-2006, 10:34 AM
I am getting ready to begin a winter project on my 04' X-2 and wanted to see if you guys had any creative ideas. I would like to add 2 12" subs into my boat to complete the rest of the stereo. Here is the problem. I bought the boat for a better wake and the extra space and it seems dumb to take up some of the space that is easy to access. I would like to use the space where the 10" sub is now and build a box for that area. Does anyone have any pictures of this already done or suggestions. It looks like a lot of space is available there if you clean up the wires and such. Only one 12 will fit there so what about other areas? Any suggestions? I have also considered 4 10s under the the seat to the left of the driver since I do not use that area much.

Diesel
11-08-2006, 12:07 PM
Here is a single 12" in a sealed box in the factory location.

http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/4690/dsc00474zb4.jpg

jaxrider
11-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the pic. That is what I had in mind, I just need to remount a few things like pp and other boxes.

macrogp18
11-08-2006, 12:51 PM
2 12's will fit under the dash, as i have done so in my boat. Also ptutting a box along the passenger side is difficult because of the speaker there. I have another pair of twelves and in the box a recess had to be cut for the magnet of the speaker. I will post some pictures later today for you hopefully.

foilfactor
11-08-2006, 05:12 PM
Here's an interesting option for a bowfiller sub box posted over at wakeworld: http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/387410.html?1162964510

skeeler
11-08-2006, 07:21 PM
Here are my two 10" JL Audio's under the dash in my 04 X-2. I will sell you the box for $46,000, and I will even throw in an X-2! :D

P-hat_in_Cincy
11-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Here's an interesting option for a bowfiller sub box posted over at wakeworld: http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/387410.html?1162964510

That would be me and I'm currently feeling no pain after breathing fiberglass epoxy resin tonite... :D

jaxrider
11-09-2006, 08:28 AM
Skeeler, thanks for the pic. I am probably going to go that route but with 2 -12s. Pioneer has a flat mount sub now that uses very little air space. I will post pics some time over the winter when done. Did you modify the original kick board and reuse it as your facing or did you build a new one?

jaxrider
11-09-2006, 08:28 AM
Skeeler, thanks for the pic. I am probably going to go that route but with 2 -12s. Pioneer has a flat mount sub now that uses very little air space. I will post pics some time over the winter when done. Did you modify the original kick board and reuse it as your facing or did you build a new one?

skeeler
11-09-2006, 09:11 AM
I actually just built a new one. I saved the original, just in case I thought I might need it. Have you bought those Pioneer 12's yet? Just curious, I have a friend that is a Pioneer dealer and thought I may be able to get you a deal. Are you planning on putting them under the dash also? 12's will be a tight fit! As far as the height goes. I barely fit those 10's in, like a 1/4" to spare. Let me know how it goes.
Shawn

jaxrider
11-09-2006, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the info. I actually have a dealers account with several audio companies. As far as the 12's go I haven't really looked at the space since work has been busy. I own a small boat audio company here in Florida and my boat doubles as my advertisments so I may get a little creative with the box but I like to see what is out there and improve from there. With the pioneer subs I am thinking of just showing 1 in the pannel and having a second sub hidden behind the first so the install will look clean and the sound will make people wonder. Just the idea of the moment.

skeeler
11-09-2006, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the info. I actually have a dealers account with several audio companies. As far as the 12's go I haven't really looked at the space since work has been busy. I own a small boat audio company here in Florida and my boat doubles as my advertisments so I may get a little creative with the box but I like to see what is out there and improve from there. With the pioneer subs I am thinking of just showing 1 in the pannel and having a second sub hidden behind the first so the install will look clean and the sound will make people wonder. Just the idea of the moment.
Well, if that is the case, then I would go all out. And do something like this, that we did in an X-30....:D

jaxrider
11-09-2006, 11:41 AM
That is sick! Good job on the install. Is there a rear mount camera to watch the rider so you dont have to turn around. If not that would be killer. Anyways, I don't think I will get into tv's in my boat. I have several in the truck for road trips but in the boat I dont see myself as having time to watch. But it does give me an idea for the future.