PDA

View Full Version : Freddy Flies 243!!!

redline
11-07-2006, 10:58 AM
....from USA Waterski website
U.S. water ski athlete Freddy Krueger set a pending Men's world jumping record of 243 feet (74.2 meters) on Sunday at the McCormick Record No. 5 tournament in Seffner, Fla. If approved by the International Water Ski Federation's Technical Committee, the distance will eclipse Krueger's current world record of 240 feet (73.0 meters), which was set in October 2005.

Freddy launched this record behind his Nightmare 197 powered by by the new and exclusive 400hp LY-6 powerhouse engine!

Congrats, Freddy!

trickskier
11-07-2006, 11:36 AM
Congratulations Freddy, well done!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
11-07-2006, 11:38 AM
WOW! thats literaly FAR out!:cool:

TMCNo1
11-09-2006, 05:09 PM
[QUOTE=redline]....

Freddy launched this record behind his Nightmare 197 powered by by the new and exclusive 400hp LY-6 powerhouse engine! [QUOTE]

That boat will bring some big bucks when he replaces it with his next boat, if not for it's history, but it's unique one-of-a-kind looks and features! Let the bidding begin!

88 PS190
11-09-2006, 07:29 PM
It will go to a serious jumper, Freddy has that thing so dialed in for jumping.

DooSPX
11-11-2006, 09:22 PM
I would love to have the boat !!!

Blair
11-11-2006, 09:24 PM
excuse my ignorance... but is there a set way that you have to jump? (eg boat speed, line length, distance from the ramp the boat has to be etc?)

erkoehler
11-11-2006, 09:28 PM
All of the above are crucial!

Blair
11-11-2006, 09:28 PM
so to make a jump "legal" what do you have to have?

erkoehler
11-11-2006, 09:37 PM
Proper speed, line length, distance from ramp....

TMCNo1
11-11-2006, 09:40 PM
Proper speed, line length, distance from ramp....

.........and 2 seriously protected large ball bearings!

Blair
11-11-2006, 09:40 PM
and those are??? :D thats what i am wondering

erkoehler
11-11-2006, 09:43 PM
I don't know the specifics, they vary greatly depending on you level and they get more agressive as you go deeper into the tourneys.

Sorry can't help you anymore.

hacker
11-12-2006, 11:11 PM
excuse my ignorance... but is there a set way that you have to jump? (eg boat speed, line length, distance from the ramp the boat has to be etc?)

Top jumpers use a 6' ramp (height) and a boat speed of 35mph. I'm not sure, but I think they use an 80' line, ICBW. I'm even less certain on boat path, however I think the boat guide buoys are set wide enough for skier to instruct the driver to take the path of the skiers choice.

Leroy
11-12-2006, 11:27 PM
Nice signature Hacker!

THis is foreign to me also, I'm curious what is key for jumpers and how the boat helps.

Top jumpers use a 6' ramp (height) and a boat speed of 35mph. I'm not sure, but I think they use an 80' line, ICBW. I'm even less certain on boat path, however I think the boat guide buoys are set wide enough for skier to instruct the driver to take the path of the skiers choice.

TMCNo1
11-13-2006, 03:19 PM
Horsepower and torque for a solid constant pull, no matter how hard the jumper cuts, straight tracking, no matter how hard the jumper cuts and as little wake as possible for the skier during his approach to the ramp after the final cut. Mastercraft has always had that criteria built into their boats.

tex
11-14-2006, 12:38 AM
Nice signature Hacker!

THis is foreign to me also, I'm curious what is key for jumpers and how the boat helps.
Same as slalom. Power, consistancy, and straight path.

88 PS190
11-14-2006, 02:40 AM
Divisions effect ramp height, the other stuff is right.

But jumping has alot of new things going.
1. Long Board skis. The skis have gotten longer and with the "west coast" style edge these long skis have some SERIOUS surface area. To the point that the boats needed MORE horsepower.

2. More horsepower/Jump switch. Look at the engines chosen for jump boats, the power+the switch+Perfect Pass setting adjustments are combined to get the speed and distance the jumper needs, to the point that if a boat doesn't get enough skiers go out the back, they need the boat to have the power and at the right time.

That's why freddy spends so much time with the nightmare its Dialed in, and the record jump shows.

In this case freddy essentially brought not only his skis, rope, suit to the jump, but his boat.

tex
11-14-2006, 09:56 PM
Divisions effect ramp height, the other stuff is right.

But jumping has alot of new things going.
1. Long Board skis. The skis have gotten longer and with the "west coast" style edge these long skis have some SERIOUS surface area. To the point that the boats needed MORE horsepower.

2. More horsepower/Jump switch. Look at the engines chosen for jump boats, the power+the switch+Perfect Pass setting adjustments are combined to get the speed and distance the jumper needs, to the point that if a boat doesn't get enough skiers go out the back, they need the boat to have the power and at the right time.

That's why freddy spends so much time with the nightmare its Dialed in, and the record jump shows.

In this case freddy essentially brought not only his skis, rope, suit to the jump, but his boat.

Yes, but he still has to get wide...wait....and cut like a u know what to the ramp! That goes back to the brass things! Way to go Freddy!

88 PS190
11-15-2006, 02:02 AM
Oh I am not denying the skill, training, and huevos Freddy owns, just stating that the sport has come along way, in not that much time since people were using little short skis, that now do ski show work for helis.