PDA

View Full Version : adjust the idle

n8urelover
11-06-2006, 09:49 PM
Last spring I bought a 93 Prostar 205 and took it from about 100 feet in elevation (where I bought it) to about 6000 feet in elevation (where I live). I've noticed that the idle needs to be adjusted slightly higher. I've looked in the manual, but don't see anything on it in there. Does anyone know how to adjust the idle?

Thanks,

Jim Jenkins

307-734-1813

Jeff Lyman
11-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Jim, I own the same boat, the adjustment should be on the side of the carb. Follow the throttle cable to the carb where it attaches you should be able to turn it forward or back a bit. When found there should be a screw in the area and it rest against a bracket. Most of the time you turn the screw to the right just a 1\4 turn at a time to increase the idle . I would do it in the water with air temps normal, Good luck.

Chief
11-06-2006, 10:00 PM
Jim, I own the same boat, the adjustment should be on the side of the carb. Follow the throttle cable to the carb where it attaches you should be able to turn it forward or back a bit. When found there should be a screw in the area and it rest against a bracket. Most of the time you turn the screw to the right just a 1\4 turn at a time to increase the idle . I would do it in the water with air temps normal, Good luck.

Also look at those spark plugs! The change in altitude has probably made it start running rich! Lack of oxygen ya know. The plugs should be a lovely color of light brown. White is BAD, Black is not so good.

TMCNo1
11-07-2006, 09:36 AM
Not only will you probably have to adust the idle speed screw, but the 2 screws on the front bowls of the carb to smooth it out to run a little leaner.