PDA

View Full Version : Holy high water Batman

bobbyB
11-06-2006, 04:58 PM
This is a blurb that came out on our counties Emergency Management Network.

SKAGIT COUNTY The Skagit River is currently at flood stage at Concrete, with a predicted peak of 46 feet at 4:00 a.m. Tuesday morning. For Mount Vernon, the current prediction is for a peak of 38 feet at 4:00 p.m. Tuesday afternoon. Flood stage in Concrete and Mount Vernon is 28 feet. This is predicted to be a significant flood event.

I live near Mount Vernon and my property is at 40 ft above sea level......so theoretically the good news is that I shouldn't be flooded out. The bad news is that if I'm even close to getting flooded then there's going to be alot of other people in a bad way. I'll be off list for a couple of days, as we are already being instructed to elevate items here at work. I'll let you know how this pans out in a couple.

B

east tx skier
11-06-2006, 05:00 PM
Hang in there. We got about the hardest rainstorm last night that I can remember since I've lived in this part of Texas. At least in our case, we needed it.

sanjuan23
11-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Hang in there. We got about the hardest rainstorm last night that I can remember since I've lived in this part of Texas. At least in our case, we needed it.

I assume then you got more than the inch we got here

bobbyB
11-06-2006, 05:56 PM
I assume then you got more than the inch we got here

In the low lands we're supposed to get up to 2" and up in the mountains up to 10". Most of the rivers around the greater Seattle area have smaller drainage basins so they'll crest tonight. The Skagit river has a rather large drainage basin so it takes an extra day for it to crest. The down side is that it crests alot bigger than the other rivers.

Just heard that the National Guard is inbound and they're starting to evacuate the hospital and whole communities along the river:(

bobbyB
11-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Guess I better leave the Prostar hitched to the truck just in case;)

shepherd
11-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Guess I better leave the Prostar hitched to the truck just in case;)

Don't forget to put the plug in it! :eek:

Good luck to you. Living in hurricane country, flooding (from the storm surges) has always been my greatest fear.

jimmer2880
11-07-2006, 06:07 AM
Good luck. Hang in there.

Tryin-again
11-07-2006, 07:57 AM
Good Luck & Take Care....... I saw the video on the local news today...Looks pretty tough.......

Don't cross the high water!!!!!!!!