PDA

View Full Version : Sea Doo winterizing

Bruce
11-04-2006, 10:36 AM
My Daughter and son-inlaw bought a couple of Sea Doos this summer. This will be their first winter season with them. They were not new and so do not have owner manuals. What do they need to do as for as winterizing? I have zero experience.
Just realized I posted in wrong place. My Bad

6ballsisall
11-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Take them out to the deepest spot of the lake, pull the drain plug, tie 500# anchor to each of them. That'll take care of the water gnats! :D

j/k.......:D it's been a while since I winterized one of those. I am sure someone will have some actual advice for you.

Sodar
11-04-2006, 11:24 AM
Take them out to the deepest spot of the lake, pull the drain plug, tie 500# anchor to each of them. That'll take care of the water gnats! :D

j/k.......:D it's been a while since I winterized one of those. I am sure someone will have some actual advice for you.

I would have to say that I second Jeff's suggestion, but I did have a pair of jet ski's through high school... embarrassingly enough! Here is a little info I used when I had mine

"To properly winterize your personal watercraft, you need to start with washing the inside of the hull with degreaser and the outside with auto wash soap. Vacuum all remaining water from storage compartments and hull. Remove the drive shaft cover to access the grease fittings for the drive train. Grease the drive train with water resistant grease, and then reinstall cover. Replace the spark plugs with new. Add fuel stabilizer to the fuel according to the directions on product. Remove fuel filter, clean or replace. Remove the cooling hose on the head and blow compressed air through the line and the head. A wet/dry shop vac can also remove the water. Reinstall the line. Start and run engine for 15-20 seconds, this will circulate the fuel stabilizer through the fuel lines and carburetors. Let the engine cool for 30 minutes.

On Sea-Doo models, you will need to change the pump oil with new. Do not use just any gear oil. Use Sea-Doo pump oil. On some models of personal watercraft, there will be a removable plug on the flame arrestor to spray fogging oil through. Start the motor and spray fogging oil down in the carburetors through the access hole. Spraying for 10 seconds will be plenty of oil. Over kill will just make it hard to start in the spring.

Remove the battery and top it off with distilled water. Install your Battery Tender, Jr. to maintain your battery in off season. Install your cable lube adapter to the throttle cable and oil injection cable. Spray Cable Life to pressure lube the cables. Do not use WD40, its a solvent. Dress the motor with fogging oil and wipe it down."

Bruce
11-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Sodar,
many thanks I am printing out your reply to give to my kids when they come over this aft. I knew somone on this board would know.
By the way Jeff I don't totally disagree but I got to protect my daughters investment. The good part is thet keeps some of the kids and grandkids busy while Pa Pa is pulling the kids that foot, board, and slalom. And they know when I tell them stay well clear of whoever I.m pulling that it is not just Pa Pa talking that it is the inspired words of God!

tex
11-04-2006, 12:07 PM
Pour gas over top and throw match on!

6ballsisall
11-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Oh I got a better one!!! While on the lake, pull the fuel line off, drop a lit match in the bilge. Jump off and say "FU^^ IT!!!! The biatch is parked!!!!!!" :D

(HB, you better hurry up and trademark that saying! :D)

DooSPX
11-04-2006, 12:29 PM
Ive said it once, and I will say it again. I have been riding PWCs since 1990 and I ahve to say that I love the sport. AS LONG AS you have common sense. I NEVER jump boat wakes, never try to race or follow a boat. If I see a fellow skier, I go to the OTHER SIDE of the lake. I dont like wake boats, but I dont say we should burn them.
and you would be suprised how many inmature, or idiot PWC riders that i report EVERYTIME I ride. atleast 1 person I report everytime i ride.
I have had a idiot rider follow a ski I was towing too close, and she fell... the guy on the PWC served and BARELY missed her. I spun the boat around and picked her up and chased the A-Hole. i caught him and warned him i would kick his A** if I ever saw him again. I also called the police, and they came and fined him big.
just because of what MOST riders do or act, doesnt mean all of them are like that. that is stereo-typing in the worst form.
now, back on topic. Sodar hit it on the head. that is how I do mine.

LakePirate
11-04-2006, 12:36 PM
Pour gas over top and throw match on!

I thought that and passed.

All in good fun DooSPX

They are excellent at running gas to the Tristar cause the gauge don't work.

DooSPX
11-04-2006, 01:15 PM
haha, very true LakePirate.
I hope I dont have to use mine for that on my 91 PS.
*knocks on wood*

TMCNo1
11-04-2006, 01:45 PM
Trying to figure this one out!:confused: :confused: :confused:

Foiler
11-04-2006, 02:08 PM

DooSPX
11-04-2006, 02:17 PM
using the sea doo as a gas runner for the PS 190, TMCNo1

noose374
11-04-2006, 03:01 PM
Bruce, have them visit these forums:
http://greenhulk.net/forums/
http://www.sea-doo.net/board/bboard.asp?Age=1
I got a lot of good info from these two sites when I had SeaDoo's. The owner of the Green Hulk website lives in Morgan City. He bought an RXP from me this spring.

TMCNo1
11-04-2006, 03:05 PM
using the sea doo as a gas runner for the PS 190, TMCNo1

I'z wondering about it cause the garbage man axe me the other day about winterizing a "Dumpster Truck" and this was the first place I'z gonna come to find out!

Bruce
11-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Noose. Many thanks. Time to run the Ball game is coming on. I pull for LSU except for two games 1. South Carolina I went there. 2. Auburn my daughter went there.( She was a little sis for my old fraternity ZX so we made a lot of trips there) Good luck against yhe Vols today.

bigmac
11-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Here is a .pdf file from SeaDoo on winterizing that might be helpful to you.

http://www.sea-doo.net/winterize/winterize1.html