PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used one of these before

kennbarbie
11-03-2006, 11:14 PM
This is a new toy we got for track-setting cross country trails. Man can this thing climb. Pretty quick along the snow as well. I know its not as fast as Rod's new Lambo, but l dont have to worry about speed bumps.

Has anyone heard of any track problems with these before? We are just curious.
Oh ya, that photo was taken today.

erkoehler
11-03-2006, 11:16 PM
Can I have a job for the winter? I could sell boats from there too :)

kennbarbie
11-03-2006, 11:20 PM
Can I have a job for the winter? I could sell boats from there too :)

Erk, did you see the pic i left for you in " Whats your weather?"
Go check that out.

erkoehler
11-03-2006, 11:24 PM
just went and saw it....so, how much snow is on the ground as of now?

kennbarbie
11-03-2006, 11:26 PM
just went and saw it....so, how much snow is on the ground as of now?

About 2 feet at the bottom, and about 6 on the north side up at 7000 feet

erkoehler
11-03-2006, 11:29 PM
I'm a quick learner, and can move snow like a champ :)

kennbarbie
11-03-2006, 11:35 PM
Then you will like moving snow with this.

erkoehler
11-03-2006, 11:37 PM
Hell yes, whats it pay?

JDK
11-03-2006, 11:38 PM
This is a new toy we got for track-setting cross country trails.

Just curious. Why'd you get one of those instead of an Alpine?

erkoehler
11-03-2006, 11:39 PM

I think he has all the cool toys...and alot of snow to play in:(

kennbarbie
11-03-2006, 11:43 PM

Becouse in the summer we change it over to the tires and run around the mountain doing maintence with it. We have a regular track setter that we pull behind the PB, but the creeks are not frozen enough to use it yet.

erkoehler
11-03-2006, 11:52 PM
Feel free to post more pictures...I'll keep drooling :)

prostar205
11-04-2006, 12:28 AM
This that Silverstar Resort?

kennbarbie
11-04-2006, 12:37 AM
This that Silverstar Resort?

Wow, your good

jimmer2880
11-06-2006, 08:02 AM
This is a new toy we got for track-setting cross country trails. Man can this thing climb. Pretty quick along the snow as well. I know its not as fast as Rod's new Lambo, but l dont have to worry about speed bumps.

Has anyone heard of any track problems with these before? We are just curious.
Oh ya, that photo was taken today.

That thing is awesome. I know that Sunshine outside of Banff has a set of tracks on a Chevy pickup. I saw it in action - amazing how much they added to the pickup's versatility.

bigmac
11-06-2006, 08:17 AM
That thing is awesome. I know that Sunshine outside of Banff has a set of tracks on a Chevy pickup. I saw it in action - amazing how much they added to the pickup's versatility.

These are used for tours of Yellowstone Park and pretty common now that snowmobiles are limited there. I was chatting with this driver - he tells me the things are expensive, break a lot, and a nightmare for maintenance.

http://www.pbase.com/hmac/image/25755339.jpg

rcnjson
11-06-2006, 09:50 AM
When I was in high school I worked for a company that sold a lot of recreational stuff (snow machine parts, boat parts, motorcycle parts, ATV parts, camper parts). We had kits for 4wd and 2wd ATV's. The ATV shown at the begining of the post is like the 4wd kit that we sold, it had a track for each wheel. The 2wd kit had skies that went on the front spindles instead of tracks. The 2wd kits went on banshees and stuff like that, those were pretty fast. They were also less to maintain. Most of the problems come from the front as you have to steer the tracks. This is different than a normal tracked vehicle where steering would be done with application of different amounts of power to each track. Either way it is way way cooler than a snow mobile.
k

jimmer2880
11-06-2006, 12:14 PM
Wow... pretty neat stuff. It'll probably never happen - but I'd love to have a set some day for my quad.

I have to imagine that there is some power loss from all the additional rotating mass. Anyone have any idea how much?

jpattigr
11-06-2006, 01:25 PM
Kenn Barbie

I am going to sales meeting on Dec. 8 at your sister resort Big White and then going to Monashee Powder for a couple of days cat skiing right after.
Glad to see the early snow!!

Lake Louise opens this Friday, Norquay opened last week!! Good start this year.

prostar205
11-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Wow, your good

My wife and I have been taking the kids up there during President's Day (USA) for the past 3 years. It is a great kids mountain. Our 3 year old started skiing last Feb. 2006 thru their "kids club". My 6 year also started there 3 years ago. We also love the 4 hour snowmobile tours with lunch included.

What a great place!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

bigmac
11-06-2006, 05:13 PM
I just today happened to be in the John Deere dealer (also a SkiDoo dealer) and he had one of these in dark green sitting on the floor. Looks like a well-designed unit.