PDA

View Full Version : Great Dealer Experience

P-Rod
11-03-2006, 02:26 PM
I appolagize in advance for this long rant, but I am a little P.O.'d with my former Mastercract dealer.:mad:

In early September the windshield on my boat shattered, so I went to my dealership to order a replacement windshield. I ordered and paid for this windshield on September 7th and was told it should take approximately 7-10 days to be delivered from Venore, TN. to California.

I had no problem with that and was resolved that I would miss a few weeks of skiing. After several weeks of no calls from the dealership, I persisted in attempting to make contact for confirmation of delivery. The dealer never would return any of my messages and wouldn't provide an update on the windshield. On October 12, the dealer finally called and indicated that the windshield finally arrived and scheduled an appointment for installation. I dropped the boat off and did not feel comfortable about leaving the boat as the dealership was going through a nasty Ownership conflict and all the boats had been removed from the dealership. Anyways, there were eight other boats getting serviced and considering the install of the windshield was qouted as an 4 hour install, I figured I would pick the boat up the same day. I never received a call to come pick up the boat. Anyways, the next day I had to leave town for 4 days and when I got back I continued to make contact but to no avail. After making daily stops to the dealership, with no one in site, I went to the Police to find out how I get the boat back and I was told it was a civil matter and that I needed to hire an attorney. I then found out that the business was closed between the time I dropped the boat off and when I returned from my trip. After two weeks of my boat being siezed in the yard and left uncovered by the dealership, I was able to secure access to my boat and took possession of it again. The boat was returned to me on October 31st with a thick layer of silt throughout the interior and a large pile of leaves that had fallen throughout.

In the end, the windshield was never ordered by my dealership and therefore, never installed. I have had to dispute the charges on my credit card, hire an attorney, had to redetail my boat and had to live with a lot of extra stress that I really didn't need.

This is one Mastercraft experience that I am not proud to share. Hopefully, it never happens to anyone else.

Archimedes
11-03-2006, 02:34 PM
Bet I can guess the name of your dealer... :(

Brn85ss
11-03-2006, 02:43 PM
AHHHHH

Thats why the lot was empty when I drove by a few weeks ago.Glad you got your boat back.My father inlaw had a similar thing happen with a RV dealer,but never saw the trailer again.

bcampbe7
11-03-2006, 02:57 PM
WOW! Sorry to hear this Rod.

If you still need the windsheild contact one of these dealers:
(In no particular order)

Rambo (256)-828-3590
MC of Charlotte (704) 525-6660
MC of Chicago (815) 385-0880
BAWS (813) 996-2297

Archimedes
11-03-2006, 03:02 PM
Or better yet, just order it directly from Taylor Made. Call their plant in Florida which makes the MC windshields, ask for their customer service rep (I dealt with Stephanie) and they'll get you the right part.

P-Rod
11-03-2006, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the suggestions on dealerships. I do still need to order the replacement windshield so I will look into your suggestions.

east tx skier
11-03-2006, 03:24 PM
Man, that suuuuucks! Not much more to be said. Glad you got your boat back.

JimN
11-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Rod- let me guess- they had three owners and two of them squeezed out the one who knew how things are supposed to work, right? Or, there was a minority owner (who knew how things are supposed to work) and the majority owner couldn't be the big turd in the punchbowl, as far as having total control of day-to-day operations. The first one is what happened at Competition Sports, where I worked. Actually, the second one works, too. The third partner was "silent", but a friend of the idiot who needed to be the big turd (known hereafter and the BT) cast the deciding vote. They ended up selling it after 5 years of throwing buckets of money at it to put out the fires they started.

Archimedes
11-03-2006, 04:43 PM
That reminds me of a time years ago when I was consulting for a creditors committee in a large bankruptcy here in the US, working on site at the debtor which was being run by the biggest bunch of incompetent dopes you could imagine. Everytime we asked the CEO for information he would yell and tell us he 'HAD A BUSINESS TO RUN', to which under our breath we always added 'into the ground'...

P-Rod
11-03-2006, 04:50 PM
[QUOTE=JimN]Rod- let me guess- they had three owners and two of them squeezed out the one who knew how things are supposed to work, right?

You pretty much hit the nail on the head with situation #1.

Jim@BAWS
11-03-2006, 04:54 PM
No particular order...just start at the bottom

HA HA HA

Jim@BAWS

WOW! Sorry to hear this Rod.

If you still need the windsheild contact one of these dealers:
(In no particular order)

Rambo (256)-828-3590
BAWS (813) 996-2297

RexDog1
11-03-2006, 05:07 PM
You have every right to be P.O.d sorry
Good thing you did not pay cash

I 2nd it, one of these guys, will be happy/fight to take care of you:cool:

Rambo (256)-828-3590
BAWS (813) 996-2297

DooSPX
11-03-2006, 05:34 PM
im am really sorry to hear about your experience, but im glad that you got the boat back.
I needed a winshield for my 91 PS 190 and I delt with Jim at BAWS and was extreamly happy with the service.
Jim and Chuck even called me when I did not even ask me too.
I cant say enough about my experience with BAWS other than GREAT!! :D :D

Brn85ss
11-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Please do tell I would love to know what happened.My boat came from them back in 85.Buddy of mine worked for him for about 10 years.We don't need names or places.

milkmania
11-03-2006, 10:20 PM
im am really sorry to hear about your experience, but im glad that you got the boat back.
I needed a winshield for my 91 PS 190 and I delt with Jim at BAWS and was extreamly happy with the service.
Jim and Chuck even called me when I did not even ask me too.
I cant say enough about my experience with BAWS other than GREAT!! :D :D

my biggest fear is losing my windshield....

so, you're saying they're still available for my 91 PS190:confused:
if so, does it seem they'll be available for quite some time?or isthe cut off date coming soon? (read: seat skins:(