PDA

View Full Version : Political Commercials...

M-Funf
11-02-2006, 12:34 PM
Gawd I'm gettin' sick of these things...Prop "this", Measure "that", Tax everything, Oil, politicians bashin' each other over the airways... :rant:

I can't wait until this election is over and we can get back to our regularly scheduled programming:o

LakePirate
11-02-2006, 12:44 PM
Amen to that.

Our incumbent governor has a war chest the size of the Alabama Budget.

TMCNo1
11-02-2006, 01:12 PM
I've got 7 political ad telephone calls this morning alone!

east tx skier
11-02-2006, 01:20 PM
I'm going to cast my vote over lunch today. I encourage all like minded people to vote. The rest of 'em can wait until next Wednesday. ;)

Leroy
11-02-2006, 01:23 PM
I keep track of negative ads and will not vote for anyone running negative ads. Or will vote for the one running position ads and the fewest negative ads.

JimN
11-02-2006, 01:25 PM
So, Leroy- does this mean you're not voting this year? I don't think I have seen an ad that wasn't slamming the opponent.

M-Funf
11-02-2006, 01:28 PM

I know whatcha mean! I got a call from Aaaahnold last week...

Upper Michigan Prostar190
11-02-2006, 01:35 PM
actually, those were all me. :cool:

11-02-2006, 01:35 PM
I'm going to cast my vote over lunch today. I encourage all like minded people to vote. The rest of 'em can wait until next Wednesday. ;)
voting absentee East?

east tx skier
11-02-2006, 01:40 PM
Nope. Early voting is all this week in Texas.

11-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Nope. Early voting is all this week in Texas.
Wow, I never heard of early voting.....Hmmmmm

TMCNo1
11-02-2006, 01:53 PM
Wow, I never heard of early voting.....Hmmmmm

Around here, it's called absentee balloting. If your going to be out of town on election day you can vote early and here, a lot of voters do it to avoid the lines at the polls and gives you time to check your cards for hanging and pregnant chads.:rolleyes:
Until the Florida fiasco a few years back, here in NC, they just herded us into a room and used a "Applause-O-Meter" to elect people and issues on the ballot!

M-Funf
11-02-2006, 01:58 PM
I am a permanent absentee voter. It's just easier that way...

Oh, and I don't have a polling place for the upcoming election...that's what my ballot said:confused:

11-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Until the Florida fiasco a few years back, here in NC, they just herded us into a room and used a "Applause-O-Meter" to elect people and issues on the ballot!
thats similar to the system we had No1, we had a "Bich-O-Meter" (built by Bichtech) and they would ask us about gov officials or proposals, and we would all start hollaring and bit**ing and then they would decide by that how the issues are decided. They worked best in polling places that served alcohol.

Up here, elections are won and lost by the amount of pasties you give out during your campaign. :cool:

TMCNo1
11-02-2006, 02:12 PM
thats similar to the system we had No1, we had a "Bich-O-Meter" (built by Bichtech) and they would ask us about gov officials or proposals, and we would all start hollaring and bit**ing and then they would decide by that how the issues are decided. They worked best in polling places that served alcohol.

Up here, elections are won and lost by the amount of pasties you give out during your campaign. :cool:

Sweet! DruTat!:D

Ric
11-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Kinky has some pretty good TV ads

Tryin-again
11-02-2006, 04:42 PM
Kinky has some pretty good TV ads

Yea, Our gov just put one out to the bud light jingle - "hey there you corrupt texas comptroller woman" - His opponent is the old comptroller lady...I haven't heard it yet - but she's screaming about it... :D

TMCNo1
11-02-2006, 06:32 PM

Make that 13 for the day, so far!

Ric
11-02-2006, 06:53 PM
Yea, Our gov just put one out to the bud light jingle - "hey there you corrupt texas comptroller woman" - His opponent is the old comptroller lady...I haven't heard it yet - but she's screaming about it... :D isn't she, (former press secretary) scott mclellan's mom?

X2M
11-02-2006, 07:11 PM

I understand your pain TMCNo1. It's even more fun around my house.

I am a registered Democrat and my husband is a registered Republican.

We get calls from both parties...all day long :( :( :(

M-Funf
11-02-2006, 07:15 PM
I understand your pain TMCNo1. It's even more fun around my house.

I am a registered Democrat and my husband is a registered Republican.

We get calls from both parties...all day long :( :( :(

I used to be in the same situation myself...made for some interesting dinner arguments...err...conversation.:rolleyes: