PDA

View Full Version : Signatures can be turned off, you know...

bigmac
11-02-2006, 04:25 AM
I note that TMC member's signatures are trending toward the elaborate - they're getting larger and more colorful. Some of you may find those signatures distracting, particularly when that poster's entire post may consist of nothing more than a smiley or a "tru dat" followed by a signature that takes up half the page. I do thank the TMC gods that they have disabled images in signatures.

I just wanted to remind you all that these signatures can be turned OFF altogether in the "User CP" so that they don't show up at all in your TMC window.

6ballsisall
11-02-2006, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the great information Bigmac! That would get annoying reading such a large signature! Jeez who would do what!! :rolleyes: :D

bigmac
11-02-2006, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the great information Bigmac! That would get annoying reading such a large signature! Jeez who would do what!! :rolleyes: :DGlad to help :D

I'm not trying to quash variety in self-expression, just maximize everybody's options and demonstrate maximum freedom in the online experience...;)

6ballsisall
11-02-2006, 07:44 AM
Glad to help :D

I'm not trying to quash variety in self-expression, just maximize everybody's options and demonstrate maximum freedom in the online experience...;)

Well I for one agree. UMP really has gone nuts with signatures......:rolleyes: :D

Fortunately everyone else has shown self constraint in these areas.

bigmac
11-02-2006, 07:47 AM
Well I for one agree. UMP really has gone nuts with signatures......:rolleyes: :D

I'm not pointing fingers as long we have the capacity for self-determination in internet surfing that god intended us to have.;)

6ballsisall
11-02-2006, 07:51 AM
I'm not pointing fingers as long we have the capacity for self-determination in internet surfing that god intended us to have.;)

Oh neither am I! >>>>>>Click here to view the culprit (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=2114)

Mag_Red
11-02-2006, 08:13 AM
Oh neither am I! >>>>>>Click here to view the culprit (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=2114):eek: My Eyes! My Eyes! Jeff, you really should post a warning before posting links like that:D

mitch
11-02-2006, 09:19 AM
I turn everything off. I know I'm missing some good avatars, but makes it easier to view at work........you know during lunch. Wish I could turn off smilies too

sanjuan23
11-02-2006, 09:50 AM
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Upper Michigan Prostar190
11-02-2006, 09:54 AM

Fortunately everyone else has shown self constraint in these areas.
Oh yea, UMP is always the bad guy!:rolleyes: I am just the renegade badarse around here alright......:rolleyes:

6ballsisall
11-02-2006, 10:24 AM
Oh yea, UMP is always the bad guy!:rolleyes: I am just the renegade badarse around here alright......:rolleyes:

Well UMP the first step is always admitting to the problem. I am glad to see you've taken that first step. :D

TMCNo1
11-02-2006, 10:36 AM
I note that TMC member's signatures are trending toward the elaborate - they're getting larger and more colorful. Some of you may find those signatures distracting, particularly when that poster's entire post may consist of nothing more than a smiley or a "tru dat" followed by a signature that takes up half the page. I do thank the TMC gods that they have disabled images in signatures.

I just wanted to remind you all that these signatures can be turned OFF altogether in the "User CP" so that they don't show up at all in your TMC window.

I feel that if this is a real issue, our Moderators and TT Admin would have addressed it already. I might be in everyones best interest for them to make a determination NOW and post it, before someone becomes offended and another thread gets out of hand.

M-Funf
11-02-2006, 11:31 AM
I belong to another forum that shows a users signature in their first post on a thread, but does NOT show their signature in future posts on the same thread. It's actually a really nice feature...

Is it possible to do that here?

bigmac
11-02-2006, 12:04 PM
I feel that if this is a real issue, our Moderators and TT Admin would have addressed it already. I might be in everyones best interest for them to make a determination NOW and post it, before someone becomes offended and another thread gets out of hand.They did address it already by enabling the feature in vBulletin that allows each user to turn signatures, images and avatars off.

11-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Well UMP the first step is always admitting to the problem. I am glad to see you've taken that first step. :D
yea, I am sure glad about this feature JR. that way I dont have to look at your signature all the time. :)

after all, your the king of the huge signature JR.

TMCNo1
11-02-2006, 02:01 PM
Hello, Hello, Hello, I don't think there is anybody out there. All this talk of enable this and disable that, I went somewhere and clicked on some stuff and now I have NO threads, posts, avatars, profile pictures, smilies, frowns, nothing, Hello. Hello, Hello!

6ballsisall
11-02-2006, 02:30 PM
yea, I am sure glad about this feature JR. that way I dont have to look at your signature all the time. :)

after all, your the king of the huge signature JR.

Who me??????????:confused: :confused: :D

Glad you turned that feature off UMP. Now you'll never know whats being said in my signature!!! MUHHHAAHHAAHHAAAAA

11-02-2006, 04:12 PM
Tru Dat!:D

BriEOD
11-02-2006, 07:41 PM
Hey you guys stop picking on UMP! I don't want to have to take his shoelaces away. If we go on suicide watch, Big Mac has first watch!

11-02-2006, 08:04 PM
Hey you guys stop picking on UMP! I don't want to have to take his shoelaces away. If we go on suicide watch, Big Mac has first watch!
Yea, what he said!! so there!8p

Hoosier Bob
11-02-2006, 08:49 PM
Wow Mac! You could have just PM'd UMP rather than calling him an inconsiderate arse in the forum for all to see!8p
PS DON'T F WITH MAC!:o

11-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Wow Mac! You could have just PM'd UMP rather than calling him an inconsiderate arse in the forum for all to see!8p
well, everyone else does....:o

Hoosier Bob
11-02-2006, 09:03 PM
I would have PM'd you UMP!:D

BriEOD
11-02-2006, 09:14 PM
PS DON'T F WITH MAC!:o
It's cool, we are Big Green Egg buddies.

Hoosier Bob
11-02-2006, 09:41 PM
OK, where do I get one? Man those things are fugly! They better cook well. Anyway I just put the microwave on the patio! Hoosier BBQ!

BriEOD
11-02-2006, 09:47 PM
OK, where do I get one? Man those things are fugly! They better cook well. Anyway I just put the microwave on the patio! Hoosier BBQ!
I don't care what it looks like, the results are impressive.

Hoosier Bob
11-02-2006, 10:08 PM
So going ugly early can save a meal and a couple of bucks?

PendO
11-02-2006, 11:12 PM

UMP - somewhere in this thread you may have a tort claim ... I'd offer my services pro bono, but that ain't gonna make my next boat payment

Hi:)

bigmac
11-02-2006, 11:17 PM
PS DON'T F WITH MAC!:oI conclude that this means you have tumbled to the fact that Jrandol and I are the same person...;)

11-03-2006, 08:17 AM
UMP - somewhere in this thread you may have a tort claim ... I'd offer my services pro bono, but that ain't gonna make my next boat payment

Hi:)

Dont talk all that fancy schmancy legaleese to me Pendo, I am an R tard, remember? Break that down into terms I can understand, and then we will do lunch!:D

BTW, did your space bar get stuck?:confused:

Hoosier Bob
11-03-2006, 06:37 PM
There sure is a lot of that going around! After Casey's post I think I like the long signatures!:o I conclude that this means you have tumbled to the fact that Jrandol and I are the same person...;)

bigmac
11-03-2006, 06:41 PM
..... I think I like the long signatures!:o

I'll never know....