PDA

View Full Version : Tower position in garage

Chief
10-30-2006, 06:49 PM
Since my garage only has a ceiling of 10 this is how I store my tower. The garage door is only a 7ft and I have to disconnect the rear legs and let one hang over the side and one on the inside to get boat out. What a pain!

X-2
10-30-2006, 06:57 PM
Dude that's gotta bite the big one.... but you gave me an idea on how to hang my tower off the cieling! My ceiling is tall enough for the tower up, but when in use in the much more appreciated warmer months, I don't like to have to 'connect' everything--especially since I go out 2-3 times a week....that's a pain in the arse....so I was thinking I could just hang the tower from the ceiling sort of like you did.....cool.....

Can you tell me what the red rachet strap is doing? I can see that you have the tower resting on the black ratchet strap hanging from the yellow hooks on each side but what am I not getting here with the red one?? Thanks!

Chief
10-30-2006, 06:59 PM
Dude that's gotta bite the big one.... but you gave me an idea on how to hang my tower off the cieling! My ceiling is tall enough for the tower up, but when in use in the much more appreciated warmer months, I don't like to have to 'connect' everything--especially since I go out 2-3 times a week....that's a pain in the arse....so I was thinking I could just hang the tower from the ceiling sort of like you did.....cool.....

Can you tell me what the red rachet strap is doing? I can see that you have the tower resting on the black ratchet strap hanging from the yellow hooks on each side but what am I not getting here with the red one?? Thanks!

Back up incase one of those hooks break. I would hate to be messing with the engine and have a hook break. The garage door opener ceiling bracket was close so I just ran the strap to it and I ratchet it to where both straps hold about the same. Redundancy is good!

sand2snow22
10-30-2006, 07:05 PM
One hook and one link from the surf rope.....You can see where I had to demo a false wall to get the boat in the garage? Previous owner had an elaborate growing operation ;)

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/bryanmclean18/IMG_5795.jpg

Archimedes
10-30-2006, 07:08 PM
Wish I could to that. I'm afraid if I hang my tower from the cross beams on my 60 year old garage the whole garage might fall down on my boat.